Why is it a big deal that Muslims have a day of prayer?

It's a horde of thousands. Didn't realize that was a hate filled term. I guess you hear what you want to.

I'm going to search for the use of the term "Horde" in describing the thousands at the 9/12 protests. You used it, right?

I will alert the media.

I looked. You don't seem to use the word "horde" very often. Only here, it would appear. Not once in referring to the crowds in Washington for the 9/12 protests.

But, feel free to insist your use of the word was totally incidental. Doesn't mean we will buy what you're selling tho.

Just curious..it seems some people here and in the media are upset that muslims are going to D.C. for a day of prayer.

Why are you upset by this?

I fully admit I have VERY LITTLE information about the situation other than a bunch of Muslims are going to gather for a day of prayer so maybe you guys can enlighten me as to the big deal:

Is it a government funded gathering?
Are other religions exluded from doing the same type of thing?
What is your specific issue with this gathering?

Any other bits of information are welcome.

Personally I see it as a non issue, just as Christmas displays should be and many other things. So they decided to get together and do whatever they wanted to do. So long as they are not breaking laws or bothering others, I don't see the interest in it either.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Islam is more than a religion.

I find it nauseating when, in the name of political correctness, people who claim to be "civilized" sit back smugly and insist that there is no more danger from Muslims than from Christians, and who are perfectly willing to place other people at risk to "prove" it.

It's stupid, and it's dangerous.

I guess it would be much better to have some laws on the books forbidding those "horde-like" Muslims from gathering in groups of more than...say....3 or 4. Maybe if we put ankle bracelets on them...or just rounded them up?

Just curious..it seems some people here and in the media are upset that muslims are going to D.C. for a day of prayer.

Why are you upset by this?

I fully admit I have VERY LITTLE information about the situation other than a bunch of Muslims are going to gather for a day of prayer so maybe you guys can enlighten me as to the big deal:

Is it a government funded gathering?
Are other religions exluded from doing the same type of thing?
What is your specific issue with this gathering?

Any other bits of information are welcome.

Personally I see it as a non issue, just as Christmas displays should be and many other things. So they decided to get together and do whatever they wanted to do. So long as they are not breaking laws or bothering others, I don't see the interest in it either.

But they are Mooooslims! Don't you know that automatically means they are up to no good? [/sarcasm]

I'm going to search for the use of the term "Horde" in describing the thousands at the 9/12 protests. You used it, right?

I will alert the media.

I looked. You don't seem to use the word "horde" very often. Only here, it would appear. Not once in referring to the crowds in Washington for the 9/12 protests.

But, feel free to insist your use of the word was totally incidental. Doesn't mean we will buy what you're selling tho.

I think a group of muslims is referred to as a "gaggle".

How are Christmas displays the equivalent of thousands of people gathering at the capitol?

?

I find it nauseating when, in the name of political correctness, people who claim to be "civilized" sit back smugly and insist that there is no more danger from Muslims than from Christians, and who are perfectly willing to place other people at risk to "prove" it.

I guess it would be much better to have some laws on the books forbidding those "horde-like" Muslims from gathering in groups of more than...say....3 or 4. Maybe if we put ankle bracelets on them...or just rounded them up?

My, you're just insistent that there must be some hate-mongering going on SOMEWHERE, aren't you?

What a stupid ass. Reference my previous posts, twit.

I wonder how many on here socialize, or even are friendly to, American Muslims?

One of my daughters good friends is Muslim, and there is no hate or insults hurled at him in school. I wonder why our youth are so open minded?

My, you're just insistent that there must be some hate-mongering going on SOMEWHERE, aren't you?

I did....thus my comments. Sorry if you are not able to really look honestly at the kind of stuff you are peddling.

I wonder how many on here socialize, or even are friendly to, American Muslims?

One of my daughters good friends is Muslim, and there is no hate or insults hurled at him in school. I wonder why our youth are so open minded?

I have a friend who is a muslim from Bangladesh. Also a muslim from Egypt and Tanzania and Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

I don't know any American muslims.

There are no Muslims in my neck of the woods...where I live. But I attend trainings with and mingle with Muslims when I go to the city, and anyone who ever flies interacts with Muslims in probably the most frightening and otherwise uncomfortable place in the world....airports.

I have never advocated taking rights from any Muslim, except those who are criminal. I have never proposed that Muslims be prevented from gathering at the capitol.

I don't treat ppl in Muslim attire any different than anyone else. I would die first.

That said, it's STILL stupid to pretend Islam isn't a threat to the peace and safety of the world.

I did....thus my comments. Sorry if you are not able to really look honestly at the kind of stuff you are peddling.

Now, if we're going to discuss dishonesty we'd have to take into account the dishonesty of certain posters who, say, make the false comparison between random so-called-Christian loons, who act on their own, and the world-wide network of Islamic terrorists who are hugely funded and organized, and operate in an organized fashion, take over countries and butcher willy nilly...

Or we could talk about the dishonesty of posters who, when unable to tack the "hater" label honestly on posters with whom they disagree, fall to reaching mightily to re-define word meanings, so they can then say, "well it's not REALLY a bad word, I'm sure you meant it in a bad way, anyway...."

I reiterate. What a stupid ass you are.

BTW...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjNQcMXQk90]YouTube - Popeye Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves - 1 of 2 (1937)[/ame]

Well thank you. After you guys started freaking out over my use of the word, the Popeye cartoon is what I thought of.

Not until you brought it up, though. Way to go! Breaking down those barriers left and right!

Forum List

Back