Why is immigration so controversial?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
Why is it such a forever issue . People always want to control immigration. Why not just let people go wherever they want to?
Having worked for years outside the US it's a difficult thing to go to and from other countries. I don't understand why almost no countries let you just come and go.
Why do we have to go through a long tedious process every time you want to go somewhere and not just let people go where the opportunities are.
how-easy-is-it-eb5-immigration.png

Why not just let people go wherever they want to?

Because we can't afford all the social spending for our own citizens, let alone every poor, uneducated foreigner who wants to sneak across the border.

It wasn't an issue until our border was removed. We have always accepted immigrants. Usually the number coincided with the number of jobs that were available AFTER American citizens were put to work.
It is a problem now because we have no jobs and yet a tsunami of illegals are showing up and worse yet, being considered citizens, just for setting foot on American soil. It is a problem when non citizens elect our officials. It is a problem when Obama starts importing busloads(homeland security busses. How's that for irony!) of Muslim illegals sworn to kill us when they get here. The problem is the fundamental change being forced on America by a regime that isn't very fond of Americans. The problem is the fundamental change of American companies being paid to hire/"sponsor" illegals instead of our own citizens. The result is the bankrupting of America's middle class.
There's just a few reasons.....

Why is it such a forever issue . People always want to control immigration. Why not just let people go wherever they want to?
Having worked for years outside the US it's a difficult thing to go to and from other countries. I don't understand why almost no countries let you just come and go.
Why do we have to go through a long tedious process every time you want to go somewhere and not just let people go where the opportunities are.

I visited Bermuda a couple of years ago. They are a beautiful island, very small, with no water other than rainfall.

They have very restrictive immigration policies, and land ownership policies.

FOr if they did not rich people from America and the UK would buy up all the land, making it impossible for the actual Bermudians to afford decent housing,

and big hotel chains would buy up all the beach front put up big hotels that would dominate the landscape.

They have policies designed to protect the interests of the citizens of the Islands and not foreigners.

And that is right and proper.

American can learn from their example.

Actually, in many areas, its NOT hard to come and go from one country to the next. Not at all. People work in one country and live in another. No big deal and every one wins.

It wasn't an issue until our border was removed. We have always accepted immigrants. Usually the number coincided with the number of jobs that were available AFTER American citizens were put to work.
It is a problem now because we have no jobs and yet a tsunami of illegals are showing up and worse yet, being considered citizens, just for setting foot on American soil. It is a problem when non citizens elect our officials. It is a problem when Obama starts importing busloads(homeland security busses. How's that for irony!) of Muslim illegals sworn to kill us when they get here. The problem is the fundamental change being forced on America by a regime that isn't very fond of Americans. The problem is the fundamental change of American companies being paid to hire/"sponsor" illegals instead of our own citizens. The result is the bankrupting of America's middle class.

You need to read a little history.

Or, you could just do what all ignernt RWs do - blame it all on Obama cuz until he was elected, there were no illegals in the US, the ME was all peaceful unicorns and dem dam darkies knew their place.

And no, illegals are NOT bankrupting the middle class. THAT is just plain idiotic.

Hint: Look up what has happened in Alabama since 2011.

Do you leave your doors unlocked at home?

Immigration is not controversial at all. Illegal immigration is controversial because there are laws against it and President obama refuses to enforce them.

Having worked for years outside the US it's a difficult thing to go to and from other countries. I don't understand why almost no countries let you just come and go....

Wow, you're kind of a dimwit. Maybe you were on the receiving end of too many of your screen names.

People will just come and go as they please? This is almost saying countries with no borders. That will never happen in this country or any other countries in this world. If all countries allowed that to happen just wonder how the civilization will look like.
We have a big problem now with our borders let alone open borders.
I live in Rio Brazil, Düsseldorf Germany, Montpellier France then 3 years in Makati Philippines. Plus vacations with different countries. Their immigration policies of these countries are less restrictive compared to us.
We have the freedom to buy tickets where and when ever we want. Most do not have that freedom or opportunity.
Illegals from different parts of the world has been coming to US long before Obama was elected. I'm not a fan of Obama but blaming him for all these mess is just not right.
He is pushing for immigration reform so, why is it that republicans do not even want to talk about it? Why don't we start from there?

Why must there be immigration control? The simple answer is that there is massive inequality in the world and any mass influx of people into or out of a region will cause problems. Either there will be overcrowding, disease, shortages of food, water, and housing or there would be an economic collapse as certain sectors no longer have the manpower needed to properly function. It is enough for being controversial, isn't it??

Are you serious? Think, for God's sake!

Are you serious? Think, for God's sake!

Yes he is serious.

He don't care about this nation or the interests of it's citizens.

He is above all that.

Actually, in many areas, its NOT hard to come and go from one country to the next. Not at all. People work in one country and live in another. No big deal and every one wins.

You need to read a little history.

Or, you could just do what all ignernt RWs do - blame it all on Obama cuz until he was elected, there were no illegals in the US, the ME was all peaceful unicorns and dem dam darkies knew their place.

And no, illegals are NOT bankrupting the middle class. THAT is just plain idiotic.

Hint: Look up what has happened in Alabama since 2011.

Yes, illegals are bankrupting all of us except for the rich. They are stealing blue-collard jobs or reducing wages that used to pay a middle class wage such as construction and landscaping. They are raising our taxes having to pay for their social costs. So it is you that is the idiot.

We are well aware that this illegal immigration problem has gone on for decades thru several administration both left and right. However, Obama is the only one that has issued 3 EO for illegal to stay here with work permits without congresses approval.

Alabama? Is this the ole crop picking argument from you yet again? How many times do you have to be told that there are unlimited H-2 visas for legal, foreign crop pickers? Only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway the rest are doing jobs that Americans have always done. Yeah, we know who the real idiot is in here. Look in the mirror you damned anti-American fool!

People will just come and go as they please? This is almost saying countries with no borders. That will never happen in this country or any other countries in this world. If all countries allowed that to happen just wonder how the civilization will look like.
We have a big problem now with our borders let alone open borders.
I live in Rio Brazil, Düsseldorf Germany, Montpellier France then 3 years in Makati Philippines. Plus vacations with different countries. Their immigration policies of these countries are less restrictive compared to us.
We have the freedom to buy tickets where and when ever we want. Most do not have that freedom or opportunity.
Illegals from different parts of the world has been coming to US long before Obama was elected. I'm not a fan of Obama but blaming him for all these mess is just not right.

It will and is happening. If you want to know what civilization will look like then just google the world map of the Club of Rome. Then google the Club of Rome. There is a concerted effort to rework the globe by the NWO. We are to be The Americas, us, Mexico and Cuba, yes, Cuba are to meld. And we are. And it will be full steam ahead if we elect Global Initiative Hillary.

Last edited:
I may try to explain. Because quick/large influxes of other cultures into a country is highly disruptive and generally detrimental to stable societies. Immigration has to be a relatively slow process in order to allow the assimilation process to work. We can't tell this about immigration to the USA. Unfortunately there are some obvious problems.

Traffic Touchy

It seems there is one explanation that stands out: mismanaged population changes creates domestic problems (i.e., unemployment frustration-related crime).

Immigration alters a nation's population (and of course ethnic composition). When the average American philanthropist is asked, "Why don't you spend your charity money by helping one of the countless helpless crack babies born in today's inner cities?" they tend to respond, "These crack babies are usually ethnic minorities or children of illegal immigrants, and I don't feel comfortable getting involved."

In other words, population dynamics is related to a subconscious cultural perception of 'traffic qualia.'

:afro:

Forum List

Back