Why is hemp illegal?

Who would have thought it was the oil companies did this to us.... too. The use of hemp as a renewable resource is being overlooked for certain. The use of cannabis for medical purposes, as well as many other herbal remedies, is also either forbidden or discredited.

I think the bad press that pot/hemp gets is a good example of misleading the public. Like you say, the dangerous drug ruse completely diverted the attention away from what was really going on. The tactic of diversion works so well that its been perfected to a precision tools that cuts into nearly all of our daily activity. Save us from the demon drug that might cause us to what.......chop up our families and set ourselves on fire. Propoganda wars.

The premise of this country is that we are free. We have laws that protect us, we have a system that is suppose to hold those who commit crimes accountable for their actions. For anyone to say, I was stoned, or I was drunk, or I didnt mean to shoot him, I was only pointing the loaded gun at him to scare them....and consider that to lessen their responsibility should be given a reality check. BIG TIME

Lets loosen up and shake off some of this fear. Lets explore and let others explore the many many opportunities that this moment in time offers.

sagegirl said:
Who would have thought it was the oil companies did this to us.... too. The use of hemp as a renewable resource is being overlooked for certain. The use of cannabis for medical purposes, as well as many other herbal remedies, is also either forbidden or discredited.

I think the bad press that pot/hemp gets is a good example of misleading the public. Like you say, the dangerous drug ruse completely diverted the attention away from what was really going on. The tactic of diversion works so well that its been perfected to a precision tools that cuts into nearly all of our daily activity. Save us from the demon drug that might cause us to what.......chop up our families and set ourselves on fire. Propaganda wars.

The premise of this country is that we are free. We have laws that protect us, we have a system that is suppose to hold those who commit crimes accountable for their actions. For anyone to say, I was stoned, or I was drunk, or I didn't mean to shoot him, I was only pointing the loaded gun at him to scare them....and consider that to lessen their responsibility should be given a reality check. BIG TIME

Lets loosen up and shake off some of this fear. Lets explore and let others explore the many many opportunities that this moment in time offers.

I have one major issue with the push for "medicinal marijuana". The FDA has to approve every drug and rightly so. If any other "drug" were approved without going through the FDA, we would all be up in arms. But for some reason, many think it is okay to approve pot without it going through the same rigors. Makes me think folks want it legalized just for getting high and doing it through the guise of medicine is NOT right.

freeandfun1 said:
I have one major issue with the push for "medicinal marijuana". The FDA has to approve every drug and rightly so. If any other "drug" were approved without going through the FDA, we would all be up in arms. But for some reason, many think it is okay to approve pot without it going through the same rigors. Makes me think folks want it legalized just for getting high and doing it through the guise of medicine is NOT right.

I think that pot would pass the rigorous testing of the FDA, but you gotta give it a chance. The FDA is actually in the pocket of the big pharmecuticals so we will be waiting on this. And just because the FDA approves something doesnt mean it is safe either, the drug VIOXX for instance.

Forum List

Back