Why is GWB such a sour puss?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
George W. Bush sits behind home plate with a scowl, why?
Laura seems to be enjoying herself, I suppose Bush must be pissed to see a new owner bring a team to the World Series.

Laura seems to be enjoying herself, I suppose Bush must be pissed to see a new owner bring a team to the World Series.

I would assume 8 years of the most ridicules, disrespectful kind of Smears and attacks has left him some what Jaded. :)

• Banned
Because liberals are still obsessed with him two years after his retirement?

Well, Bush is somewhat contemporary, the RW seems obsessed with FDR and Jimmy Carter.
I simply made an observation. I forgot Bush was a Republican - aren't Republicans fiscally conservative and believe in small government? Home Land Security seems to be pretty large government to me, and the deficit he and the R controlled Congress left us is anything but an example of Fiscal Conservative.

But, my point was, GWB was a failure as POTUS and a failure as POTTR's (President of the Texas Rangers).

Because liberals are still obsessed with him two years after his retirement?

Well, Bush is somewhat contemporary, the RW seems obsessed with FDR and Jimmy Carter.
I simply made an observation. I forgot Bush was a Republican - aren't Republicans fiscally conservative and believe in small government? Home Land Security seems to be pretty large government to me, and the deficit he and the R controlled Congress left us is anything but an example of Fiscal Conservative.

But, my point was, GWB was a failure as POTUS and a failure as POTTR's (President of the Texas Rangers).
Whatevers

Gene Autry,a great guy,was not very successful as a team owner and President either....buy the way the failure Bush invested $800,000 in the team and sold his share 9 years later for 15 million.....some failure....

Last edited:

Gene Autry,a great guy,was not very successful as a team owner and President either....buy the way the failure Bush invested $800,000 in the team and sold his share 5 years later for 15 million.....some failure....

yeah it was set up so he could not blow it like he did most business deals.

How did he make that much money? A new taxpayer funded stadium?
I am genuinely asking and do not know.

He had Nolan Ryan there all the time too.

And he probably passed on Rhyne Sandburg when the Phillies wanted to trade him.

Gene Autry,a great guy,was not very successful as a team owner and President either....buy the way the failure Bush invested $800,000 in the team and sold his share 9 years later for 15 million.....some failure....

And that Harry shows exactly what values you hold dear.

what that the guy made a buck?.....how many times have i seen you tell everyone here how nice and comfortable you are as a retiree?....i sure as hell dont hold that against you.....your politics yea....but setting yourself up nice in retirement, hell no....good for you and anyone else that does that......including Bush.....

what that the guy made a buck?.....how many times have i seen you tell everyone here how nice and comfortable you are as a retiree?....i sure as hell dont hold that against you.....your politics yea....but setting yourself up nice in retirement, hell no....good for you and anyone else that does that......including Bush.....

Nice spin. The difference, I worked for my mine; Jr. was given his.

yea ok....i am willing to bet if you were born into wealth your attitude would be just a tad different,wouldnt it?.....from what i understand the Bushes give a good buck to charities....so at least he is giving back some of what he was "given"....

yea ok....i am willing to bet if you were born into wealth your attitude would be just a tad different,wouldnt it?.....from what i understand the Bushes give a good buck to charities....so at least he is giving back some of what he was "given"....

Yeah I recall Barbara bush donating hurricane relief noney to her other son in his venture.

He is anything but a sour puss.

His wife IS indeed a class act. And, good ol' "W" is a very decent man.

I have pre-ordered his book. Looking forward to firing up my Nook on 11/9, when it gets e-delivered!

Forum List

Back