Why is GUN violence special?

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Would a murder be less horrible if carried out with a blunt object? Or a knife? Or a rope? Is is more horrible to rob a person at gunpoint, than to rape them at knife point? Why is gun violence separated out from all other forms of physical violence?

It's not about controlling crime through the gun control of law abiding citizens as they'd have us believe, it's about disarming law abiding citizens so that tyrannical politicians have an easier time wiping their asses with our Constitution... It really is that simple.

CHICAGOLAND- The most violent city in the world where GUN CONTROL reigns. It's all a lie and nothing more than fascism.

The whole point of gun control is to disarm the law abiding citizens and make criminal conduct a bit safer for the criminals.

Because a large portion of our population is composed of emotionally immature people who are easily manipulated by Left Wing politicians and their media cohorts.

Would a murder be less horrible if carried out with a blunt object? Or a knife? Or a rope? Is is more horrible to rob a person at gunpoint, than to rape them at knife point? Why is gun violence separated out from all other forms of physical violence?

No of course not. The issue is that a gun facilitates violence.

Carrying out the logic of the right that guns don't kill people, people do.........

Why is the US so concerned about Iran getting a nuclear bomb? Nuclear weapons do not kill people, people do. The reason the US is concerned about the proliferation of nuclear weapons is that these weapons (no its not a tool) facilitate mass destruction. Our concern is that weapons of this magnitude fall into the hands of the wrong people.

Given the past few months, it is clear that rifles have fallen into the hands of the wrong people who have gone on killing sprees in public places. If these individuals had not had guns, the victim list would have been much fewer, if any.

I am not too concerned with Obama taking our guns away or with someone's right to own an assault rifle. However, I do not see a ready solution here. Are movies and video games the culprit? Millions are involved in them without turning into raging psychopaths. Since we have 300,000,000 million guns out there, what will banning a certain type accomplish? Strict background checks are important, but the shooter at Sandy Hook used his mother's gun, so this would not have prevented such.

There has been talk on the right about better handling of the mentally ill. Significantly no specifics are ever given. This is coming from the very party who cuts funding for the mentally ill.

In summary, there is a problem with guns in this country, but no easy solutions.

I would rather our leaders focus on economic issues.

It gives Obabble a shiny object to talk about while the economy tanks.

Well of late at least because of the horrible emotional tragedy of Newtown and the deaths of young innocent children.

But all the gun laws in the world won't do anything to stop criminals and crazies.

Volume

What does volume have to do with anything? Would it be better of those violent acts were committed with knives instead?

Carrying out the logic of the right that guns don't kill people, people do.........

Why is the US so concerned about Iran getting a nuclear bomb? Nuclear weapons do not kill people, people do. The reason the US is concerned about the proliferation of nuclear weapons is that these weapons (no its not a tool) facilitate mass destruction. Our concern is that weapons of this magnitude fall into the hands of the wrong people.

Given the past few months, it is clear that rifles have fallen into the hands of the wrong people who have gone on killing sprees in public places. If these individuals had not had guns, the victim list would have been much fewer, if any.

I am not too concerned with Obama taking our guns away or with someone's right to own an assault rifle. However, I do not see a ready solution here. Are movies and video games the culprit? Millions are involved in them without turning into raging psychopaths. Since we have 300,000,000 million guns out there, what will banning a certain type accomplish? Strict background checks are important, but the shooter at Sandy Hook used his mother's gun, so this would not have prevented such.

There has been talk on the right about better handling of the mentally ill. Significantly no specifics are ever given. This is coming from the very party who cuts funding for the mentally ill.

In summary, there is a problem with guns in this country, but no easy solutions.

I would rather our leaders focus on economic issues.

You know it's funny... When someone proposes stripping away people's Constitutional Rights to own guns, some have no problem with it... But when Government tries to restrict video games people go absolutely ape shit... Priorities I suppose... Go figure.

Well of late at least because of the horrible emotional tragedy of Newtown and the deaths of young innocent children.

But all the gun laws in the world won't do anything to stop criminals and crazies.

If Barack Obama is truly concerned about saving the lives of children he wouldn't be known as the most radical pro abortionist ever to sit in the WH.

Complete and total hyopcrisy.

I just gave an entire list of things that facilitate violence. So why are you obsessed only with guns?

"The right" didn't ask the question, I did. If you want to talk to "the right" go to one of "their" threads.

Forum List

Back