CDZ Why is gun crime more of a problem in areas controlled by the democrat party? Serious question.

Population density leads to more crime

Correct, and densely populated areas tend to vote Democrat so...

Of course that proves that Democratic solutions RE : gun control don't work, but meh.......
Gun control has been working in NYC

False

All of you seem to be missing the obvious answer. Democratic areas tend to be occupied by people on the lower end of the economic scale. Violent crime is driven by poverty to a large extent.

I do not know how serious the question is because you ask something and provided the reason

It is flawed because obvious location with a large population are going to have more crime and some of it will be gun crime

A more interesting discussion is why people use guns to either commit crimes, solve disputes or have gun accidents

The only conclusion you can draw is that the more people you have the more likely they are likely to vote democrat

which would explain why the democrats get more votes in presidential elections that republicans

unfortunately that doesn't matter because of the electoral college determine who wins.

A more interesting way to look at it is death by fire arms by per population

There Alaska, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Oklahoma are the top five

Are they democratic controlled states or they just have a high number of guns in that population that results in deaths.

The total number of gun deaths well California leads and Texas is 2nd

Total population is what it is

Per population is a more interesting discussion

People in the cities vote Democratic because Democrats provide public services. Public Transportation, Parks, schools, infrastructure, public safety

Those in rural areas do not want that. They just want low taxes and to be left alone

And even though there are more guns per person in rural areas there is less crime than there is in cities where there are fewer guns per person

seem to me it's cities not guns that are the problem

Do you have a reference for that statistic? I was unable to locate any stats that broke down gun ownership by rural vs urban. Are the "guns" that are owned by rural persons hand guns?

A black sub-culture that worships violence, rape, greed, $400 tennis shoes, $100K in gold chains around necks, and general mindless stupidity wins first place; lots of demographics have been poor and ghettoized, without massive crime and violence as the result, so quit pissing on our legs and trying to claim it's raining. Shows like TMZ glorify and promote this sort of mindless idiocy, complete with resident black racists to make silly assed apologia for it to boot; probably half of their show every day is focused on that idiotic rap trash and hip hop inanity. So do the BET shows for the most part.

very pro-gun Dem St Louis population 320,000 murders 199
Dem NYCity population 8,600,000 murders 289
STL most dangerous cities/the most dangerous city

From this research....

Analysis | The surprising way gun violence is dividing America

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.

As I have pointed out in the past, I believe it is because democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors do not take violent criminals seriously as threats to the public. I think this has to do with their identity politics, and not wanting to anger minority community activists who blame racism for the arrests of violent criminals in democrat controlled neighborhoods.....

Am I wrong?
Cities that are governed by leftists are mostly majority hispanic or black cities. I have a picture of facts on my phone that shows what would happen if you take the largest black populated cities out of the FBI statistics it would drop gun violence like a rock.
The Color of Gun Crime in America’s Big Cities - American Renaissance

edited-meister

The reason St. Louis has a gun murder problem is the revolving door policy they have for felons with guns...you have been shown this over and over again, and you ignore it.....meanwhile, in New York, the policies of Rudy Guiliaini lowered their gun murder rate.........but that is changing as deblasio, the current mayor is dismantling the Guiliani policies and attacking the police....

Democrats have been in charge of St. Louis since 1949.......

Democrats in charge since 1949

Mayor of St. Louis - Wikipedia

Rise in Murders Has St. Louis Debating Why

Jennifer M. Joyce, the city’s circuit attorney, or prosecutor, an elected position, complains that in St. Louis, the illegal possession of a gun is too often “a crime without a consequence,” making it difficult to stop confrontation from turning lethal.

At the same time, deeper social roots of violence such as addiction and unemployment continue unchecked. And city officials also cite what they call a “Ferguson effect,” an increase in crime last year as police officers were diverted to control protests after a white officer shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager in the nearby suburb on Aug. 9.

-----------

Now, an overstretched department is forced to pick one neighborhood at a time to flood with officers. Last month, Chief Dotson even asked the state highway patrol if it could lend a dozen men to help watch downtown streets; the agency declined.
----
When the police discover a gun in a car with several passengers, including some with felony records, but no one admits to owning the gun, criminal charges are often impossible, Mr. Rosenfeld said.

In addition, according to a 2014 study by Mr. Rosenfeld and his colleagues, a majority of those who are convicted of illegally possessing a gun but not caught using it in a crime receive probation rather than jail time. Gun laws and enforcement are stiffer in many other cities.

Violence down in St. Louis but homicides hold steady. Are tougher penalties for gun crimes the answer?

But many challenges remain, official said. The department is still down more than 130 officers. Witnesses to crimes remain reluctant to come forward for fear of retaliation, making it difficult to close cases. And a lack of state laws to deter gun crimes has forced the police to turn to federal courts to indict some suspects.

On Tuesday, Edwards made a new pitch: He wants to see the mandatory minimum sentence for armed criminal action raised from its current ceiling of three years to at least 15 years for nonfatal shootings, and 25 years for fatal shootings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know how serious the question is because you ask something and provided the reason

It is flawed because obvious location with a large population are going to have more crime and some of it will be gun crime

A more interesting discussion is why people use guns to either commit crimes, solve disputes or have gun accidents

The only conclusion you can draw is that the more people you have the more likely they are likely to vote democrat

which would explain why the democrats get more votes in presidential elections that republicans

unfortunately that doesn't matter because of the electoral college determine who wins.

Are they democratic controlled states or they just have a high number of guns in that population that results in deaths.

People in the cities vote Democratic because Democrats provide public services. Public Transportation, Parks, schools, infrastructure, public safety

Those in rural areas do not want that. They just want low taxes and to be left alone

And even though there are more guns per person in rural areas there is less crime than there is in cities where there are fewer guns per person

NYCity 8.6 mil people

LA the city 4 mil

Alabama the state 4.5 mil

yeah you would expect that NY and LA have more crime because they have more people

but if you want to compare gun violence in Alabama to NY you would have to do is say per 100,000 people what is the crime rate

Stats of the States - Firearm Mortality

government site and yes you would expect the larger states with more population to have more gun violence

But if you want to compare Alabama to to NY then you have use a per 100,000 people comparison

When you do that Alabama has the 2nd most gun violence per 100,000 people and Alaska has the highest

but if you say the total amount of gun violence then Alabama would come in at the bottom as well as Alaska

And you keep lying.....

The reason St. Louis has a gun murder problem is the revolving door policy they have for felons with guns...you have been shown this over and over again, and you ignore it.....meanwhile, in New York, the policies of Rudy Guiliaini lowered their gun murder rate.........but that is changing as deblasio, the current mayor is dismantling the Guiliani policies and attacking the police....

Democrats have been in charge of St. Louis since 1949.......

Democrats in charge since 1949

Mayor of St. Louis - Wikipedia

Rise in Murders Has St. Louis Debating Why

Jennifer M. Joyce, the city’s circuit attorney, or prosecutor, an elected position, complains that in St. Louis, the illegal possession of a gun is too often “a crime without a consequence,” making it difficult to stop confrontation from turning lethal.

At the same time, deeper social roots of violence such as addiction and unemployment continue unchecked. And city officials also cite what they call a “Ferguson effect,” an increase in crime last year as police officers were diverted to control protests after a white officer shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager in the nearby suburb on Aug. 9.

-----------

Now, an overstretched department is forced to pick one neighborhood at a time to flood with officers. Last month, Chief Dotson even asked the state highway patrol if it could lend a dozen men to help watch downtown streets; the agency declined.
----
When the police discover a gun in a car with several passengers, including some with felony records, but no one admits to owning the gun, criminal charges are often impossible, Mr. Rosenfeld said.

In addition, according to a 2014 study by Mr. Rosenfeld and his colleagues, a majority of those who are convicted of illegally possessing a gun but not caught using it in a crime receive probation rather than jail time. Gun laws and enforcement are stiffer in many other cities.

Violence down in St. Louis but homicides hold steady. Are tougher penalties for gun crimes the answer?

But many challenges remain, official said. The department is still down more than 130 officers. Witnesses to crimes remain reluctant to come forward for fear of retaliation, making it difficult to close cases. And a lack of state laws to deter gun crimes has forced the police to turn to federal courts to indict some suspects.

On Tuesday, Edwards made a new pitch: He wants to see the mandatory minimum sentence for armed criminal action raised from its current ceiling of three years to at least 15 years for nonfatal shootings, and 25 years for fatal shootings.
Edited-meister
fact:
NYC is Dem controlled and has many times less murders than Dem controlled STL
so your hypothesis is obviously wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

NYCity 8.6 mil people

LA the city 4 mil

yeah you would expect that NY and LA have more crime because they have more people

but if you want to compare gun violence in Alabama to NY you would have to do is say per 100,000 people what is the crime rate

government site and yes you would expect the larger states with more population to have more gun violence

But if you want to compare Alabama to to NY then you have use a per 100,000 people comparison

When you do that Alabama has the 2nd most gun violence per 100,000 people and Alaska has the highest

but if you say the total amount of gun violence then Alabama would come in at the bottom as well as Alaska
Using your source.....'Firearm Mortality" is different than 'Gun Violence'.
Firearm mortality, would include suicides, hunting mishaps, accidental discharges, ect., along with what gun violence would cover.
Gun violence, is very explicit in it's definition, IMO. Gang related, B&E, robberies, ect.

I would expect rural areas would have higher percentages of firearm mortalities than urban areas.
In Alaska, there is high suicide rates especially in the winter.

NYCity 8.6 mil people

LA the city 4 mil

Using your source.....'Firearm Mortality" is different than 'Gun Violence'.
Firearm mortality, would include suicides, hunting mishaps, accidental discharges, ect., along with what gun violence would cover.
Gun violence, is very explicit in it's definition, IMO. Gang related, B&E, robberies, ect.

I would expect rural areas would have higher percentages of firearm mortalities than urban areas.
In Alaska, there is high suicide rates especially in the winter.

Okay you do make a good point

I should have state with firearm mortality instead of using gun violence

Yet how can you separate gun violence from Firearm mortalities if gun violence resorts in a mortality.

using a gun in a violent way and if it results in a mortality then it is part of firearm mortalities.

yes firearm moralities will include things that are not criminal in nature and there is more to the story

so firearm mortality is different from gun violence if it someone doesn't die

yet gun violence can include firearm mortality along with other things

gun violence is a leading cause of premature deaths in the US, and is considered a public health issue when it creates a fatality

its like the argument that guns don't kill people

yeah, yeah people with guns kill people if it results in a fatality

From this research....

Analysis | The surprising way gun violence is dividing America

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.

As I have pointed out in the past, I believe it is because democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors do not take violent criminals seriously as threats to the public. I think this has to do with their identity politics, and not wanting to anger minority community activists who blame racism for the arrests of violent criminals in democrat controlled neighborhoods.....

Am I wrong?

Yep. Texas has been owned by the GOP forever; numerous mass murders in Texas. Nearly 0 stopped by other gun owners. Its natural selection.

Population density leads to more crime

I don’t blame games and TV, it there is also a cheapening of life as well. Life means very little to anyone anymore. I remember way back when I was a kid. I was at the dentist and on the table was a time magazine and the cover dipicted a scene I think was a outdoor market in Bosnia that had keen shelled during peak shopping time. While they were blurred, you still clearly got the idea what way laying all over the ground. Arms, legs, heads. This made me puke. Pictures like this don’t phase people today.

I think it all has to do with Urban vs. suburban and rural.

Mesa AZ is often listed as the most conservative city in the US. With an 8% higher violent crime rate than the national average.

I think there's a slew of reasons. Harder to identify and find someone in an urban environment, therefore lower arrest probabilities. Harder to run an illegal business. Less Homogenous groups there. You have a mix of completely opposite types of people. Less return on investment for committing a crime, you aren't getting the drug sales in a town of 500 as you are in a major city.

Same with overall deaths favoring big cities. It isn't that rural area's favor drunk driving or faster driving. And sure the rates are MUCH bigger than firearm death discrepancies per 100k people between the two in the opposite way. It's because you can't take the subway or bus home when you live in BFE. There aren't the same number of police per square mile and traffic to slow down speeders. Which is why as scary as violent crimes are you are statistically safer living in a city than a rural area. And it has NOTHING to do with anyone saying "That's just because Republicans don't respect the sanctity of human life"

And you keep lying.....

meanwhile, in New York, the policies of Rudy Guiliaini lowered their gun murder rate.........but that is changing as deblasio, the current mayor is dismantling the Guiliani policies and attacking the police....

Actually while his policies lowered it, in the nearly 20 years since he has been out of office and that has been a Democratic controlled city with hundreds of new Democratic laws, the murder rate has dropped 3 times as much and the total murders have dropped in over half.

Like you said, Deblasio has been there for 4 years now changing those policies. And the last two have been back to back record lows for homicides, homicide rate, and shootings. Yes he is holding police more accountable... And the lowest ever rates are the change you mention.

Forum List

Back