Why Is Geek Better Than Nerd?

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Now, I heard this question and was wondering how many people actually know the difference? No fair looking it up, answer with what you actually know, no cheating with Google.

:lol: at 4:00 AM you are asking this question? Ths is it a priority on your mind :confused:

:eusa_shifty: Who were you dreaming about last night? Bill Gates and/or Donald Trump? :lol:

Sleep? Never slept ... best friend got tricked into quitting her job by her bosses (time to teach her the ways of why you NEVER quit a job) so I am worried about her. So no dreaming, just TV crap. A fun question though for a geek like me to see what the answers are.

Now, I heard this question and was wondering how many people actually know the difference? No fair looking it up, answer with what you actually know, no cheating with Google.

Geek=Gates and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nerd=pocket protector, specs and buck teeth.

Wait...................

I will read on now, didn't want to sully my mind with the ideas of lesser beings :lol:

Sleep? Never slept ... best friend got tricked into quitting her job by her bosses (time to teach her the ways of why you NEVER quit a job) so I am worried about her. So no dreaming, just TV crap. A fun question though for a geek like me to see what the answers are.

Do you have the concept of "constructive dismissal" in your jurisdiction? If you do then your friend needs to see a labour (employee relations) lawyer.

Sorry, I worked in a high level capacity for our union for a few years, it's in my DNA and my DNA just gave me a tweak.

Do you have the concept of "constructive dismissal" in your jurisdiction? If you do then your friend needs to see a labour (employee relations) lawyer.

Sorry, I worked in a high level capacity for our union for a few years, it's in my DNA and my DNA just gave me a tweak.

We have what they call a 'right to work' state, basically if you quit you relinquish your rights for much unless you can prove there were hostile circumstances for causing you to quit, during which time you are basically wasting more money than you have on lawyers. If you get fired though you can collect unemployment while looking for another job more easily and you have more of a chance to get a lawsuit and a lawyer who will work on comission (forgot the actual term for that). Also, she was working in Social Services for a shelter, making the laws even trickier here. Quitting was the worst way to go, and I have to explain it to her today and not looking forward to that. She may wind up in the shelter she just quit working at soon.

Last edited:
We have what they call a 'right to work' state, basically if you quit you relinquish your rights for much unless you can prove there were hostile circumstances for causing you to quit, during which time you are basically wasting more money than you have on lawyers. If you get fired though you can collect unemployment while looking for another job more easily and you have more of a chance to get a lawsuit and a lawyer whole will work on comission (forgot the actual term for that). Also, she was working in Social Services for a shelter, making the laws even trickier here. Quitting was the worst way to go, and I have to explain it to her today and not looking forward to that. She may wind up in the shelter she just quit working at soon.

I know that "work to right" bullshit. I spent a little time in the States with a union. I didn't know it spread to Wa. I was down in the south for a while where it's still right to slavery.

The lawyer working on commission is called a contingency basis here, don't know about Wa. Got to watch the wording of the contingency contract though, it has to be read carefully.

But maybe - just maybe - the constructive dismissal angle works. It's where someone is forced to quit.

Anyway sorry, I am destroying the thread.

Need to get back to geek v nerd.

I know.

You can have "geekdom" and everyone will be in awe.

Try "nerd-dom". Doesn't work does it? :lol:

*giggle* Cute answer to the Geek v Nerd. Geekdom sounds much cooler than nerddom .... true even if not the actual answer. Still, before I post my answer I want to see more people's answers.

A geek is someone who actually knows about computers or whatever he is geeking out for. Example; Michael Dell

A nerd thinks he knows what he is talking about. Example; Star Wars fans

A geek is someone who actually knows about computers or whatever he is geeking out for. Example; Michael Dell

A nerd thinks he knows what he is talking about. Example; Star Wars fans

Aaah ... but some geeks are also Star Wars fans ....

Nerds are geeks who haven't gotten their first job, yet.

Geeks will become nerds again, when their jobs are outsourced

"Space Above and Beyond"

Being a fan immediately removes one from Nerd and puts one on the Geekdom elevator - kudos if you get the title for the final episode :D

"Space Above and Beyond"

Being a fan immediately removes one from Nerd and puts one on the Geekdom elevator - kudos if you get the title for the final episode :D

Difference though, geeks are simple fans, while nerds can go overboard. *snicker*

Difference though, geeks are simple fans, while nerds can go overboard. *snicker*

I got nerded :lol:

Okay, I did do a tribute on YouTube, "Nerds - Above and Beyond" I think that may have condemned me.

I think I blew it when I called the squadron "The Wildnerds".

Oh well, back to the overly large and totally unnecessary clipboard....

Forum List

Back