Why Is Freedom Of The Press Automatic If They Aren't Independent And Are Corporately Owned?

I actually think it cuts their viewership down, thus the reason for their lower numbers. But their bosses have an agenda to push. They don't seem concerned with viewership so much, for some reason. I would imagine someone is helping finance certain agendas.
The stock holders might have a say in those NOT privately owned companies.

Let me take a stab at really the first reason, Constitution maybe?
The Constitution doesn't give them the right to slander or liable anyone they want to.
Fact is they're going around the law and demanding special privileges that you and I don't have.

But you're referring to only the Liberal press, what about the Right? You think info wars and breitbart don't slander?
I think the same rules should apply to everyone. The primary beef I have is the obvious double-standards.
If anyone on the right says anything that is total BS they pay a price for it. They at least try to be honest.....because they can't afford not to be. Their viewers and listeners expect honesty.
It's clear that making shit up is lucrative for the legacy media. Being nasty and over the top pays in better viewership for CNN and MSNBC.
They really don't have to watch what they say very much.
I don't think they care so much about their ratings because they have sponsors with lots of cash.

What's your point?

That you don't understand the Constitution.

Nope.....you say we have something that we don't have.

So basically you don't understand how the Constitution is applied in court.

Yeah, someone DARES criticize yoar messiah, Orange Jesus, and you are willing to shred the constitutional rights millions of people have died for because you are too sensitive to be criticized, snowflake.

We get it.

Your motives are transparent.
Put it this way,......
If a private citizen had the same rights as the press there wouldn't be laws against slander and libel.

The press is afforded those rights because they're supposed to be impartial and essential for a free society.
Without a free press you get dictatorships.
The problem with that is because our press is bought and paid for by the left...we're quickly heading toward a totalitarian government in America.

Private citizens have the same rights as the press.

I have no idea why you think otherwise.

:bsflag:
I can't believe you actually believe that.

That you don't understand the Constitution.

Nope.....you say we have something that we don't have.

So basically you don't understand how the Constitution is applied in court.

Yeah, someone DARES criticize yoar messiah, Orange Jesus, and you are willing to shred the constitutional rights millions of people have died for because you are too sensitive to be criticized, snowflake.

We get it.

Your motives are transparent.
Put it this way,......
If a private citizen had the same rights as the press there wouldn't be laws against slander and libel.

The press is afforded those rights because they're supposed to be impartial and essential for a free society.
Without a free press you get dictatorships.
The problem with that is because our press is bought and paid for by the left...we're quickly heading toward a totalitarian government in America.

Private citizens have the same rights as the press.

I have no idea why you think otherwise.

:bsflag:
I can't believe you actually believe that.

Show an example otherwise.

MEDIA%2BBIAS%2B1.png

Why do we have to give the press freedoms that the rest of us don't have?
They're owned by corporations.....they're in the tank for the Democratic Party....and they aren't even remotely independent anymore. That part is painfully obvious.

Why should they be allowed to say whatever they want about anyone and not have to prove it's accurate???

liberal-media-bias-real-revealing-battaile-politics-1359847657.jpg

You are confusing liberal with Democrats and both with media conglomerates.

They can have the bejeezes sued out of them as well.

As a liberal, I hear more from and about CNN from people on this board then I do any where else. 'Cuz I don't watch or read stuff from them.

Make them irrelevant.

Corporations are granted constitutional rights basically because of the 14th Amendment. There was also the 1978 Supreme Court ruling that corporations covered by the First Amendment, and the 2010 "Citizens United" that allowed corporations unlimited campaign spending. The libs really came unglued about that.
So did the Founding Fathers, why the dust flew into the air when they all turned in their graves over it..

MEDIA%2BBIAS%2B1.png

Why do we have to give the press freedoms that the rest of us don't have?
They're owned by corporations.....they're in the tank for the Democratic Party....and they aren't even remotely independent anymore. That part is painfully obvious.

Why should they be allowed to say whatever they want about anyone and not have to prove it's accurate???

liberal-media-bias-real-revealing-battaile-politics-1359847657.jpg

You are confusing liberal with Democrats and both with media conglomerates.

They can have the bejeezes sued out of them as well.

As a liberal, I hear more from and about CNN from people on this board then I do any where else. 'Cuz I don't watch or read stuff from them.

Make them irrelevant.

I'm not confused.
The best way to deal with CNN is don't watch it.
Problem is CNN does have an effect on others.....especially people from other countries.
If you wonder why so many countries hate us....it's partly because of CNN.
When I was in Somalia in 93' CNN was in all practicality spies for our enemies.
I remember the time we spotted from our Blackhawk a wanted warlord in Mogadishu and sure enough, he ran straight to CNN headquarters.

Forum List

Back