Why is FOX so dominant????

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Why is FOX so dominant.........and more importantly, why are the cable ratings of news shows so out of balance relataive to the political make-up of the country????

You go look at the cable ratings of shows like "Countdown" on MSNBC, or "Maddow" on MSNBC or frankly any of the other shows on MSNBC or CNN.............they are so low its hysterical. According to CABLENews.com, anything less than 1 million viewers is "off the air" according to industry standards. They are a goof when compared to ANY news show on FOX!!!

But why???

I'll tell you exactly why..............and it proves my point exactly that if not for the dummies of the world, the Democratic party wouldnt get a sniff. In other words, Democrats would never be elected into any office without the majority of its voters being...........well, shall we say, simpletons??!!! How many of the people who go into a voting booth to vote for a Democrat understand economics or, for example, the necessary tradeoffs of government intervention in the marketplace. I'll tell you how many..........a very small percentage. The people watching MSNBC. Who are they? Again..........I'll tell you exactly who they are. People who watch MSNBC are ideologues and America haters. Its the same bunch who tune in every night..........and even that number is laughable. "Countdown"'s rating numbers are laughable. Regular programming with those #'s go off the air all the time. Meanwhile, somebody like Glenn Beck is now approaching 5 million viewers:eek:

Those who are naturally reasonable and view most things in life with a measure of common sense..........who do these people tune into? FOX:lol: People also know that anywhere else they go.......but especially places like MSNBC or CNN..........they are going to get the same canned sh!t they get on NBC, CBS, and ABC.

Thus, the domination of FOX s0ns:funnyface:

It must suck to tune in every night to shows like "The Rachael Maddow Show" and think to yourself, "Shit........everything she's saying is so on target!!! Then how come nobody watches this show and embraces these views??"

C'mon assholes...............most voters who pull the lever for Democrats need to be begged to go to the polls and many are actually driven there by fcukking bus!!! How many of them know about or have even heard about "porkbarrel spending" or "cap and trade"? If there is a giveaway to be had, THATS the guy they are voting for!!!:woohoo:

The independents who now know they've been bamboozled?

They're tuning in FOX s0ns!!!

Why is FOX so dominant.........and more importantly, why are the cable ratings of news shows so out of balance relataive to the political make-up of the country????

You go look at the cable ratings of shows like "Countdown" on MSNBC, or "Maddow" on MSNBC or frankly any of the other shows on MSNBC or CNN.............they are so low its hysterical. According to CABLENews.com, anything less than 1 million viewers is "off the air" according to industry standards. They are a goof when compared to ANY news show on FOX!!!

But why???

I'll tell you exactly why..............and it proves my point exactly that if not for the dummies of the world, the Democratic party wouldnt get a sniff. In other words, Democrats would never be elected into any office without the majority of its voters being...........well, shall we say, simpletons??!!! How many of the people who go into a voting booth to vote for a Democrat understand economics or, for example, the necessary tradeoffs of government intervention in the marketplace. I'll tell you how many..........a very small percentage. The people watching MSNBC. Who are they? Again..........I'll tell you exactly who they are. People who watch MSNBC are ideologues and America haters. Its the same bunch who tune in every night..........and even that number is laughable. "Countdown"'s rating numbers are laughable. Regular programming with those #'s go off the air all the time. Meanwhile, somebody like Glenn Beck is now approaching 5 million viewers:eek:

Those who are naturally reasonable and view most things in life with a measure of common sense..........who do these people tune into? FOX:lol: People also know that anywhere else they go.......but especially places like MSNBC or CNN..........they are going to get the same canned sh!t they get on NBC, CBS, and ABC.

It must suck to tune in every night to shows like "The Rachael Maddow Show" and think to yourself, "Shit........everything she's saying is so on target!!! Then how come nobody watches this show and embraces these views??"

C'mon assholes...............most voters who pull the lever for Democrats need to be begged to go to the polls and many are actually driven there by fcukking bus!!! How many of them know about or have even heard about "porkbarrel spending" or "cap and trade"? If there is a giveaway to be had, THATS the guy they are voting for!!!:woohoo:

One reason.The are the only ones piping out right leaning news. Everyone else on TV is left of center.

They own the market share.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
TV News, newspapers, magazines, radio talks shows, etc. are all the same. Each has it's own particular slant on the news. I long for a return to the good old days when they all just reported the facts and you had to make up your own minds as to what it all meant. My wife tells me what to think. I don't need any other outside sources to tell me how I should view a particular news incident.

Fox rules because it's honest. Ever compare Fox and the MSNBC crap? Right. There is no comparison when it comes to fair, balanced and honest. Fox rules the other is for fools.

:clap2::clap2: I'm just a little old southern poet.

Fox rules because it's honest. Ever compare Fox and the MSNBC crap? Right. There is no comparison when it comes to fair, balanced and honest. Fox rules the other is for fools.

:clap2::clap2: I'm just a little old southern poet.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. You really have a way of proving a point. CONcise, clear, fair, balanced and insightful.

Fox is simply the best. It's no secret. Watch Bill O'Reilly for a week and then watch Keith Olbermann for a week. If you are even half human you will watch Bill simply for the beautiful babes and Dennis Miller. Miller makes me roll on the floor.

Watch Bill O'Reilly for a couple of minutes, you decide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJ9yJpR_DA&feature=related]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kid[/ame]

I gotta agree with CM about market share. The center right is vastly underserved and the center left market is just saturated. I do disagree with the poster who said they miss the "good old days" when reporters just reported the facts. There never was such a time in the entire history of the world. (and thats not such a bad thing really)

Fox is simply the best. It's no secret. Watch Bill O'Reilly for a week and then watch Keith Olbermann for a week. If you are even half human you will watch Bill simply for the beautiful babes and Dennis Miller. Miller makes me roll on the floor.

This is funny.
Keith Olbermann ? Is it live, or is it Memorex?: We watch, because we’re paid to | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Jack bro........I make sure to tune in Olbermann at least once or twice a week, especially at about 7:50pm EST for his monologue. Its cant miss TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want to talk about a miserable SOB?? Oh......I gotta tune in to see the steam boiling out of this guys ears as his precious ship continues to sink like a guy in the ocean with cemment boots on. In fact, Im pissed when I miss it because Ive missed another opportunity to watch a far lefty twist in misery. This guy is no dope.......but he knows that nobody watches his show YET, in his mind, its a disconnect because somebody else ( and lots of people at that) have a different opinion than him!!! He gets all mental.............:lol::lol:

Last edited:

But why???

One reason.The are the only ones piping out right leaning news. Everyone else on TV is left of center.

They own the market share.

Which means most of America can't relate to all of the other channels. Their lineup and their subject matter doesn't interest most Americans.

I remember when Iran was caught selling arms to the Iraqi insurgency CNN had a special on how wonderful the people of Iran where. I changed the channel as soon as I could gather my senses.

LOL......fcukking Wry Catcher!!!! God Bless this guy.............this forum would suck balls without guys like him!!!!
He proudly posts his location of residence: SanFrancisco

Has no idea that the average American see's that and say's to themselves, "w0w...........so what is the fringe saying now???!"""

Now tell me Wry Catcher isnt one of the true believers tuning in Olbermann every night??!!!!!!!!!!:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Last edited:

But why???

Ive been saying this for awhile. This is also the reason why republican radio absolutely dominates, while lefty radio can barely stay afloat. Lefties arent interested in politics or events around the world, and they have no understanding of them either. Theyd rather just listen to music. All they know is to vote for the guy with the D next to his name, but they have no fucking clue what that politicians platform is about.

Sorry democrats, but your voting base is very uneducated and they dont understand what it takes to run a successful nation. Theyre all clueless.

But why???

Ive been saying this for awhile. This is also the reason why republican radio absolutely dominates, while lefty radio can barely stay afloat. Lefties arent interested in politics or events around the world, and they have no understanding of them either. Theyd rather just listen to music. All they know is to vote for the guy with the D next to his name, but they have no fucking clue what that politicians platform is about.

Sorry democrats, but your voting base is very uneducated and they dont understand what it takes to run a successful nation. Theyre all clueless.

Good point :)

Watch Bill O'Reilly for a couple of minutes, you decide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJ9yJpR_DA&feature=related]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kid[/ame]

ok, for the sake of argument lets say Bill does get owned...ITS STILL DAMN ENTERTANING PROGRAMMING!!! having guests with opposite views debate the host of the show is more entertaining than MSNBC bringing on people that AGREE WITH THE HOST most of the time. THAT IS BORING.
CONFLICT IS INTERESTING.
THE WINNER DOESNT MATTER AS LONG AS ITS ENTERTAINING, that is why the viewer is the one who gets to decide who "wins" and that is what makes FNC shows like o'reilly factor entertaining and educational at the same time. and that is why FNC ratings are not even close to being challenged.
move out from under the rock.

Last edited:
Every so often, I think the right may not be so stupid after all, then you guys come along. Thanks for setting me straight.

The vast majority of Fox viewers are the Republican Party. A party that is a nation within a nation. Why? Because it's 90% white and mostly Christian.

If you take BET, the three or four Spanish Networks, the Asian Network, the Hindu Network, the Polish network, the Russian Network and all the other foreign speaking networks. Add in CNN and MSNBC and you have more viewers than Fox.

Just one note. Sponge Bob Square Pants has 5 times the viewers than Fox. Thought I would point that out.

Go ahead. Call me dumb. At least we both know you can't prove me wrong.

Forum List

Back