Why is Fox News separating the umemployment numbers by race?

PhillyGuy75

Rookie
Jul 22, 2011
Today they did a report on how the unemployment number is a lot higher for African Americans. So I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this report? I thought that all races were being affected by this shaky economy?

Because there are hispanics and whites unemployed too so i'm trying to figure out why is the african americans unemployment numbers are the only numbers being singled out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPgRk4qKwCQ]‪Rush Limbaugh CPAC Speech (Part 1 of 4): Rush Wants America to Succeed‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

At 6:00 - (in a nutshell) When we conservatives look at a group of people..we don't see groups..we see Americans.

:eusa_whistle:

Maybe because black unemployment is so much greater then any other race, just like crime, std's, dropouts........

Maybe because black unemployment is so much greater then any other race, just like crime, std's, dropouts........

Tank, I agree it is important to see both the overall number and the breakdown. It ca show you where the problems are.

Imagine if your team has a shortstop who is batting .300 on the season. Great! Get some split stats and you realize he bats .360 against righties but only .188 against lefties and you can work with the situation.

Today they did a report on how the unemployment number is a lot higher for African Americans. So I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this report? I thought that all races were being affected by this shaky economy?

Thats how the pollsters, whos polls fox is using, broke it down.

Just so you know cnn and msnbc also reported the polling broken down by race.

All 3 news networks reported it because they thought it was newsworthy.

It cracks me up to learn that most of Rushs audience is liberals looking for something to blather on and on about.

It cracks me up that you conclude that based on the posts of 3 or 4 far left-wing posters here as USMB.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Of course it is important to KNOW who is winning and who is losing due to the economy.

Call it class warfare if that floats your boat but that is precisely the kind of data that really matters to a society.

It cracks me up to learn that most of Rushs audience is liberals looking for something to blather on and on about.

It cracks me up that you conclude that based on the posts of 3 or 4 far left-wing posters here as USMB.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

hy·per·bo·le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled
[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA

–noun Rhetoric .
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

I hope this helps.

Oh, since you don't get things;

sar·casm   /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Show Spelled
[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Forum List

Back