Why is FOX news downplaying Irene danger?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I was watching Neil Cavuto, or whatever his name is, and he was talking to Donald Trump and they both were talking about the media overstating Irene danger. Why?

Is this a page out of W's Katrina play book?

I was watching Neil Cavuto, or whatever his name is, and he was talking to Donald Trump and they both were talking about the media overstating Irene danger. Why?

yes---they want a lot of people killed or at least displaced.

Republicans need to bring back Brownie to tell us what to do

Moved to Conspiracy Theories? Well, that's what you get when the Mods are Republicans...

Moved to Conspiracy Theories? Well, that's what you get when the Mods are Republicans...

no, that's what you get when you post idiocy.

another thing you can get is a vacation if you continue to not follow the rules regarding moderation.

have a day full of warm puppy noses, rainbows and unicorns!

It is a Cat 2 for crying out loud and expected to fall back to a Cat 1 before landfall.

Honestly, not all that terrible of a storm. The people we should be concerned about are the people on the outer banks in North Carolina. They're likely to suffer a lot of damage as far as I know they were under mandatory evacuation as of yesterday. People on the coast will get pretty heavy winds and some damage, but not life threatening unless some idiot decides to try to surf or swim when it comes ashore.

Yes, there is going to be some property damage, but it should not be major like Katrina was.

Immie

They've been sensationalizing Irene all friggen day.

There is no case for your accusation.

The problem with the left is they eat, sleep, and breathe conspiracies.

They invent them and then blame them on the opposition.

They're truly a suspicious lot.

They're responsible for so many false conspiracies that nobody can tell if anything is on the level anymore.

They're spending way too much talking about it. Just an update once an hour would be enough; we can be certain the local news outlets in the affected region are informing the residents of the coming danger.

Have you ever lived in hurricane country?

When one has a hurricane bearing down on them and the news media is CONSTANTLY talking about it, people can become extremely fearful and stop thinking rationally.

I believe what they were referring to is 'hurricane hype'.

Katrina was a cat2. The storm itself did not do the damage. It was the flooding afterward that nobody was prepared for.

Katrina was a cat2. The storm itself did not do the damage. It was the flooding afterward that nobody was prepared for.

And that can be traced back to Democrat politicians pocketing the funds to make the levee shoring deeper. Thats why they failed.

But then that doesnt fit the playbook either.

La. had one of, if not THE, most corrupt political systems in America.

Have you ever lived in hurricane country?

When one has a hurricane bearing down on them and the news media is CONSTANTLY talking about it, people can become extremely fearful and stop thinking rationally.

I believe what they were referring to is 'hurricane hype'.

I thought Katrina was Cat 3 when it hit New Orleans. According to a Wiki (I know not the best of sources, but this confirms what I thought)

Hurricane Katrina formed over the Bahamas on August 23, 2005 and crossed southern Florida as a moderate Category 1 hurricane, causing some deaths and flooding there before strengthening rapidly in the Gulf of Mexico. The storm weakened before making its second landfall as a Category 3 storm on the morning of Monday, August 29 in southeast Louisiana. It caused severe destruction along the Gulf coast from central Florida to Texas, much of it due to the storm surge. The most significant number of deaths occurred in New Orleans, Louisiana, which flooded as the levee system catastrophically failed, in many cases hours after the storm had moved inland

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is also true that the damage came not as much from the hurricane itself, but from the collapsed levees which flooded the city.

Immie

The problem with the left is they eat, sleep, and breathe conspiracies.

They invent them and then blame them on the opposition.

They're truly a suspicious lot.

They're responsible for so many false conspiracies that nobody can tell if anything is on the level anymore.

That a birther just said that is almost too funny to be funny.

It is not an accusation. I heard Cavuto and Trump critisizing other news outlets for the attention they are giving to Irene. I am not insinuating anything. FOX seems to enjoy taking the obstinate view on everything.

It is not an accusation. I heard Cavuto and Trump critisizing other news outlets for the attention they are giving to Irene. I am not insinuating anything. FOX seems to enjoy taking the obstinate view on everything.

Your thread title sure reads like an accusation.

Or maybe you just enjoy taking teh obstinate view on everything that anyone on Fox says.

I was watching Neil Cavuto, or whatever his name is

Had to throw "or whatever his name is" in there so it doesn't look like you watch too often? Gotta be careful or you'll lose your lefty credentials and you won't be invited to all the right cocktail parties, eh?

What a fucking joke.

Forum List

Back