Why is faith so important for Christianity?

shammi

Rookie
Dec 30, 2009
Faith is the cornerstone of all Christians. It is how the disciples were able to preach and change the world. They absolutely believed in God's promises as told to them by Jesus Christ. The disciples treated the good news of Jesus as truth even though most of these truths were either promises for the future or at odds with the material world around them.

When Christians act out on their faith, it is the evidence of things not seen. Faith is the source of a Christian's strength and places them in God's plan for mankind. Through faith Christians anticipate the future of God's promises and act in faith in their day-to-day activity knowing they are in God's plan.

Without Christian faith there is no substance, no purpose, or strength in a person's life. People may have faith in other gods, themselves, or material things, but this type of faith is temporal and does not rely upon God's truth. Without faith in Jesus Christ, all is vanity with no purpose or hope. Jesus Christ came on this Earth to offer faith to all of mankind that everyone can be part of God's plan for eternal life and meaningful existence. Faith allows Christians to rise above earthly experience and participate in God's plan. See below for more commentary and Biblical advice on faith and Christianity.

It's because faith is a principle of action and hence power. You can believe, but not have faith. It's faith that motivates people to do things.

Why is faith so important for Christianity?

Because it's not real. Duh.

"Without Christian faith there is no substance, no purpose, or strength in a person's life"

Bull crap.

"Without Christian faith there is no substance, no purpose, or strength in a person's life"

Bull crap.

That is true Citizen!!

With Christianity, you realize how worthless ife actually is and pray for that eternal life that you can only recieve after this dispicable god forsaken sin infested existence you inhabit has ended!!

At least that is what Christianity seems to say to me. Of course, I am not a Christian!!:eusa_whistle:

Bull crap.

That is true Citizen!!

With Christianity, you realize how worthless ife actually is and pray for that eternal life that you can only recieve after this dispicable god forsaken sin infested existence you inhabit has ended!!

At least that is what Christianity seems to say to me. Of course, I am not a Christian!!:eusa_whistle:

That is the sales pitch that preachers spout, sure nuff.
the truth may be otherwise.

Bull crap.

That is true Citizen!!

There is the difference in how I used "truth" and how you used "truth"

The truth I used is based on a predefined perspective. The truth you want is based on what is and is not in terms of reality.

If we use your take on truth, then Christian theology is full of BS. But then, what religion is not?

That is true Citizen!!

There is the difference in how I used "truth" and how you used "truth"

The truth I used is based on a predefined perspective. The truth you want is based on what is and is not in terms of reality.

If we use your take on truth, then Christian theology is full of BS. But then, what religion is not?

Yes the latter and yes religion is full of bull.
Even if God exists, etc religion is still full of bull.

Question...........

If Christianity is so great, then can you explain why one of the leaders of a Christian group known as the Family, has advocated death for gay people in Uganda?

I thought the Christian God was all about life, not death. Did you guys twist the message somehow over the ages?

Question...........

If Christianity is so great, then can you explain why one of the leaders of a Christian group known as the Family, has advocated death for gay people in Uganda?

I thought the Christian God was all about life, not death. Did you guys twist the message somehow over the ages?

Yes

The Christian God is all about life

Just not THIS life--but the afterLIFE!

You guys really do need to attend a church every now and then to get the idea. Your present life you should seek a meaningful end to in order to gain the true benefits of Christianity.

In other words--Christianity has the theological foundations for a suicide cult.

Question...........

Yes

You guys really do need to attend a church every now and then to get the idea. Your present life you should seek a meaningful end to in order to gain the true benefits of Christianity.

In other words--Christianity has the theological foundations for a suicide cult.

Interesting and a good point there.
Strange that all the Christians I have known that have died feared death greatly and hung as long as they could.

Question...........

Yes

Strange that all the Christians I have known that have died feared death greatly and hung as long as they could.

I found that a bit ironic myself--most of the really devout Christians are near the end of their life or in their early 20's or teenagers.

Well with the forgiveness and redemption thing why repent too early and miss all the fun in life. You first age related illness is soon enough to repent.

Question...........

Yes

You know, there are several flaws in the logic here..........

First, didn't Yeshua (Jesus to you silly Christians), state that a house built on sand cannot possibly hope to stand?

That is THIS LIFE PEOPLE! If you are scared of building a sound, good, whole foundation, because you're in a hurry to get on vacation, then do the rest of the world a favor and remember to place your whole head in front of the shotgun.

Or, go walking alone and unarmed with a big wad of cash in a really bad neighborhood and die. Father kinda digs charitable people.

Additionally, since you guys are big on forgiveness, didn't you realize that God REALLY likes people who sin and then repent? Wanna know why? Simple......it's the same reason that former alcoholics make the best drug and alcohol counselors. They've been there, done that and gotten the t-shirt, seen the errors of their ways, and did a 180 back to God Himself.

He likes those people, because they are the ones that can help Him save the most. Not the self-righteous assholes who like to speak for God without doing any of the study and legwork.

All they do is bitch about how evil others are without actually doing anything about the steaming pile of crap sitting in their own living room. See Ted Haggard for that one.

Or Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Wanna know 3 religions that DON'T fear death?

Judaism. They know about reincarnation, as well as understand what they are supposed to be doing now, so that in the next incarnation, they can do better.

Hindus kinda believe the same thing.

Taoists believe it in a different way. They believe that they need to sample all that is around them and remember it, so that way, when they finally go to rejoin the Tao, they have something new to add to it in a positive way.

Christians are the ones that fear death the most. But........it's understandable. Their primary symbol of faith is a dead guy on a cross who's bleeding.

Do not buiold you house on the sand. yet there are churches all over csouthern FL. :)

yeah I understand the symbolism, but religion is not required to build a good foundation for life.

You're right.

An aversion to pain, along with a desire to learn so that you are able to teach others to help them, is really all you need.

Religion is kind of a framework for spirituality. But, the problem comes in when people try to put an infinite thing into a finite space.

In other words, putting God in a box. That happens quite often when a group states that their religion is the only one that is correct.

Know what happens to a finite thing when you try to stuff infinity into it?

It explodes.

I have seen getting religion help some people to straighten out their life.
in the USA religion has likely done more good than harm for our society.
However since the televangelists, greed is good and such arose I think we headed in a downward spiral.

I have seen getting religion help some people to straighten out their life.
in the USA religion has likely done more good than harm for our society.
However since the televangelists, greed is good and such arose I think we headed in a downward spiral.

See.......there's where human error comes in.

Ever been around a reformed smoker or a newly sober recovering alcoholic? They tell you how much better they feel, and that quitting is working really well for them and they wish that everyone around them could feel as great.

Then, when they see someone doing something they used to do? Lots of times they will butt in where it's not their business in a misguided effort to "save" them.

Wanna know what they're REALLY doing? Controlling the environment around them so that they aren't tempted by their previous bad behavior.

Same thing with the converts to any religion. They finally find a place where they feel comfortable, as well as have a place to offer comfort to others that believe like them.

But then, like the reformed addict, they want to control their environment by eliminating whatever they consider "sin", by telling others to live as they do.

However...........what works for an Aborigine in Australia ain't gonna do so well above the Arctic Circle. The world is not one environment, so therefore, why should anyone think that just one religion is "right"? God is a LOT bigger than just this world, so what makes anyone think that just one religion is right?

And...........remember..........it's really hard for a human to walk on water when it's above 32 degrees.

Like I said, what works in one situation, won't work in another. Ya gotta learn 'em all.

Reformed smokers and such are a pain in the butt because they are the worst to rag on smokers,

Same with a 20 something just been saved bible thumping Christian.

Forum List

Back