Why is Black Affirmative Action in South Africa not Racism?

PLEASE! You are as clear as day at USMB! I think most racism comes from educational backgrounds and geography. I will admit I don't associate with too many blacks and latinos that aren't on my social, economic or educational level. Meaning they are usually professionals, middle class and college educated. From that level I see very little racism towards whites from the blacks and latinos, who I personally associate with!

Taking the lower class. I would say that blacks and latinos in the lower class are just as, if not more racist, than the uneducated buck tooth inbred white rednecks of the lower class!

Even though there is rabid racism amongst lower class blacks and latinos, the US government doesn't set up state sponsored programs to keep brown and black people down and prop up white people! At a time in history we did! Check any history textbook, documentary or talk to 99% of white Americans and all these sources will affirmatively state that Jim Crow, the Separate but Equal Clause (judicial activism at its worst), segregation etc were not just wrong, but were pure evil!

so you think I'm clear as day on this forum? you are wrong about me. if you look back at my post I've even been accused numerous amount of times of being too harsh on blacks. and even been accused of being a race traitor by certain people on here like 52nd and charlie bass. so if it's anything I've defended whites a lot and condemned the racism among blacks lots of times.
and now you are jumping all over the place. the topic here is SA. not US. here in America racism from whites is not that wide spread. I agree most white people consider jim crow as evil and a mistake. but like i said the apartheid in SA was much worse and more inbred in the people than segregation in the southern America was.
the culture and climate is SA is totally different than it is in America. In America it's common to see whites and blacks working together and socializing together. We are a much more integrated society. in SA it's not so.

Have you even been to SA? Because I can tell the the racial environment in SA is totally different than here in the US. SA is not as progressive as America and Europe is.

now I'm not saying all of he racial tension comes just from the white's side. because you'll find racial tension coming from the black's side as well. But since the whites still dominate society (not politics) there is still discrimination.

Last edited:
Affirmative Action in America CLEARLY had its just purpose! An oppressed minority getting preferential treatment is much different than the Majority population (by a large amount) getting preferential treatment!

While they're a numeric majority, they're still vastly unrepresented in the professional ranks (and, by extension, in the job market more generally).

Affirmative Action in America CLEARLY had its just purpose! An oppressed minority getting preferential treatment is much different than the Majority population (by a large amount) getting preferential treatment!

While they're a numeric majority, they're still vastly unrepresented in the professional ranks (and, by extension, in the job market more generally).

See how systematically taking businesses (farms) away from whites and giving them to black did in Zimbabwe! Zimbabwe was an economic diamond in the rough before racist government sponsored pograms against whites descended their economy to one of the worst in Africa!

If they are unrepresented in the market place, then they should build it up and attack it on equal grounds! Government shouldn't create an unequal situation based on race. Especially if the unequal situation is against a minority!

Seriously, it is obvious the reason no one cares about Afrikaners is because they were all complicit in the heinous system of Apartheid. A system which among its violent excesses also allowed white to expropriate the wealth of South Africa and make themselves rich while simultaneously forcing the indigenous population into abject poverty and desperation. The Afrikaners should leave South Africa once and for all like the whites in Kenya during the sixties and return the land that they stole to the black population. Short of that, a system of affirmative action to help blacks in South Africa accrue some wealth and financial security is wholly appropriate.

Until the issue of poverty is addressed, there will never be a way for whites and blacks to live peacefully in South Africa.

See how systematically taking businesses (farms) away from whites and giving them to black did in Zimbabwe! Zimbabwe was an economic diamond in the rough before racist government sponsored pograms against whites descended their economy to one of the worst in Africa!

If they are unrepresented in the market place, then they should build it up and attack it on equal grounds! Government shouldn't create an unequal situation based on race. Especially if the unequal situation is against a minority!

Big difference between soft policies like affirmation action and the seizing of assets.
Also, this whole "build it up" argument rests on the faulty premise that the lack of racial restrictions instantly sets up a level playing field. It would be like having a five-mile race where I'm on foot and you're on a bike, and after you complete four miles, you get off the bike and run the rest of the way and think it should be assumed that's a fair matchup.

Forum List

Back