Why is Black Affirmative Action in South Africa not Racism?

most of you don't have a clue about how much racism still exist in south African. i've worked with and been around a lot of white south africans. and i can tell you the prejudice they have for blacks and mixed races is still wrong. some of their ideas and mentalities remind of stuff that white believed back in the 1950's. people forget what black went through during the apartheid. some of it was worse than what blacks went through during the segregation era in the US. it hasn't even been 20 years yet since the apartheid fell in SA.
Maybe true, but many Blacks in America habor hatred for Whites. Does that mean we should state sponsor programs against them? No! So why is it that South Africa government is just in sponsoring programs against their minority? Its unjust. Minorities with all due respect have no true political power. They are the ones that need protection not the majority in power!

most of you don't have a clue about how much racism still exist in south African. i've worked with and been around a lot of white south africans. and i can tell you the prejudice they have for blacks and mixed races is still wrong. some of their ideas and mentalities remind of stuff that white believed back in the 1950's. people forget what black went through during the apartheid. some of it was worse than what blacks went through during the segregation era in the US. it hasn't even been 20 years yet since the apartheid fell in SA.
Maybe true, but many Blacks in America habor hatred for Whites. Does that mean we should state sponsor programs against them? No! So why is it that South Africa government is just in sponsoring programs against their minority? Its unjust. Minorities with all due respect have no true political power. They are the ones that need protection not the majority in power!

The history of the world is filled with stories about the supressed becoming the supressors. Thank God our founders were better than that.

The history of the world is filled with stories about the supressed becoming the supressors. Thank God our founders were better than that.

Don't expect Girony to understand what you meant by "supressed becomes the suppressors"

I respect the founding fathers emensely and they were nothing less than visionaries, but its ignorant to say they didn't repress people!

(1) The 13th and 14th amendments didn't come along to after the civil war.
(2) The 3/5 of a person law and fugitive slave was written into the constitution.
(3) Slavery was allowed and some of the founding fathers had slaves.

So again who are you crappin?

Nelson Mandella was a communist. I remember watching his first speech when he came out of "seclusion" or as some call it, "solitary confinement". He had been kept so isolated he didn't even know that the Soviet Union had fallen. He was pro communist because they offered a better solution than Apartied. Who could blame him? Anyway, his first foray onto the public stage left everyone confused. He then "retired" for a short time until he came up to speed and learned what was going on in the world. He also discovered his wife was "less than popular" due to shenanigons she was involved in.

i guess MLK was a communist too?

What a strawman! In fact, MLK promoted standing on your own 2 feet and take responsibility for yourself. His philosophies have him closer to the Republican viewpoint than the Democrat's stance!

Unlike Obama, MLK is a person worthy enough to be on the Mount Rushmore!

Last edited:

First, I'm not suggesting the extent of the backlash is humane, but it is human. You do compare apples to oranges where the white Dutch and black native SA are concerned with American black people. The Dutch were not brought to SA in slave ships, they came as a colonizing imperial force and are responsible for atrocities much too recent to be easily forgiven. Generations of their victims, and the families of those that died because of them are still alive, and are now in power. It is going to take some time to see any reconciliation. Maybe the Dutch could wait this out at home. A cooling off period would be good for both sides, and the African Dutch could get a little perspective from the sympathy, or lack thereof, from their countrymen.

I respect the founding fathers emensely and they were nothing less than visionaries, but its ignorant to say they didn't repress people!

(2) The 3/5 of a person law and fugitive slave was written into the constitution.

Could be that was sarcasm.:eusa_whistle:

whites in SA are hardly oppressed. they might not have political power. but as a society, whites in SA are still dominating work places etc. Listen I'm not saying they deprive whites of everything in SA. But the problem is blacks and mixed race people in SA still face widespread discrimination. It's not like here in the US where discrimination against blacks is not very common anymore in the work place and education. But in SA racism is still widely inbred in the white there. Like I said it was only just in the early 90's did they end he apartheid. So that mind set of racism in still fresh in those people's minds.

First, I'm not suggesting the extent of the backlash is humane, but it is human.
Backlash by the people, who could see how that might occur, but not accept it. Backlash by the government, that is totally unacceptable and is only happening in African countries! Don't forget Zimbabawa (sp?)

You do compare apples to oranges where the white Dutch and black native SA are concerned with American black people. The Dutch were not brought to SA in slave ships, they came as a colonizing imperial force and are responsible for atrocities much too recent to be easily forgiven. Generations of their victims, and the families of those that died because of them are still alive, and are now in power. It is going to take some time to see any reconciliation. Maybe the Dutch could wait this out at home. A cooling off period would be good for both sides, and the African Dutch could get a little perspective from the sympathy, or lack thereof, from their countrymen.
Don't be optuse! Didn't your mother ever teach you that 2 wrongs don't make a right! Its never OK for a government to systematically promote oppression and racism against its minority! NEVER!

whites in SA are hardly oppressed. they might not have political power. but as a society, whites in SA are still dominating work places etc.
I don't not if this true, because you seem to hate everything white and/or Jewish. But assuming you are accurate. The white South Africans success has nothing to do with oppressing the majority or using their political might that they don't have! Affirmative action, which is not justifed in most incidents, can only be justified (as we had here in America) for an overtly oppressed minority. If is illogical and counter-intuitive to use such a campaign for the majority and the political elite!

If the whites in South Africa are truly thriving int he work place it more has to do with individual efforts and NOT racism!

Listen I'm not saying they deprive whites of everything in SA.
Yes you are you are justifiing it and apologizing it. Same way you do for Islamic terror

But the problem is blacks and mixed race people in SA still face widespread discrimination.
:eusa_hand: Mixed race maybe because neither the blacks nor the white usually accept them. But Blacks are 80% of the country, so your discrimination claims are baseless and well make you look like the ignorant person you are!

But in SA racism is still widely inbred in the white there. Like I said it was only just in the early 90's did they end he apartheid. So that mind set of racism in still fresh in those people's minds.
Yes against WHITES. Whites are the ones that need the special protections as a hated minority, not the dominate Black majority!

Harsh. At the time women were also "property". Don't forget that.

The truth is that many early American fled religious persecution. At another time, they wanted to make a "king". But they had the forsight to not make a "king" and not set up a "theocracy".

Slavery and indentured servant and passing debt to children and women being property and child labor a lot things that happened back then are seen as "crimes" today. The had the forsight to create an "evolving" government. They started out with what was accepted then and went from there.

If a baby didn't know that a fire "burns" and then gets "burned", do you assume the child was stupid or bad? Because they hadn't "learned"? America was a young country once. Applaud the good stuff and work to change the bad stuff into good. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

"because you seem to hate everything white and/or Jewish."

welcome to Ghook's single note.

I called this back on the first page.

Harsh. At the time women were also "property". Don't forget that.
As I stated the founding fathers were nothing less than visionaries and men every American MUST have respect and gratitude for. But to say thay they didn't oppress people is factually in accurate!

The truth is that many early American fled religious persecution. At another time, they wanted to make a "king". But they had the forsight to not make a "king" and not set up a "theocracy".
This is going off on a tangent!

I don't not if this true, because you seem to hate everything white and/or Jewish. But assuming you are accurate. The white South Africans success has nothing to do with oppressing the majority or using their political might that they don't have! Affirmative action, which is not justifed in most incidents, can only be justified (as we had here in America) for an overtly oppressed minority. If is illogical and counter-intuitive to use such a campaign for the majority and the political elite!

If the whites in South Africa are truly thriving int he work place it more has to do with individual efforts and NOT racism!

Yes you are you are justifiing it and apologizing it. Same way you do for Islamic terror

:eusa_hand: Mixed race maybe because neither the blacks nor the white usually accept them. But Blacks are 80% of the country, so your discrimination claims are baseless and well make you look like the ignorant person you are!

Yes against WHITES. Whites are the ones that need the special protections as a hated minority, not the dominate Black majority!

I hate white? LOL! you hardly know me. i come from family that is mixed of whites. i don't have anything against whites. but the racism that still exist among whites is the truth. like i said i've been around a lot of white south africans. in fact i work with a few now. one them is pretty nice woman very open minded and all doesn't really have that inbred racism. the other one i work with i can't say the same though. and when have i justified islamic terror? if it's anything im against it. you don't know me so don't act like you do. stop talking out of your behind. accusing me of things that i'm not. and for hating jews, i don't hate jews. i just don't agree with israel's tactics that's all. just like i don't agree with hate hamas is spreading and the disunity they are causing to their people.

secondly blacks have always been the majority in SA. it's just that because of the apartheid you wouldn't even have known that.

like i said im not saying we deprive rights to whites in SA. but it is a fact. that blacks,mixed race and asian people in SA are still discriminated against in SA. I know of a woman who isn't even black, she's south east asian descent and she talks about the racism that still goes on in SA.

Last edited:

I hate white? LOL! you hardly know me. i come from family that is mixed of whites. i don't have anything against whites. but the racism that still exist among whites is the truth. like i said i've been around a lot of white south africans. in fact i work with a few now. one them is pretty nice woman very open minded and all doesn't really have that inbred racism. the other one i work with i can't say the same though. and when have i justified islamic terror? if it's anything im against it. you don't know me so don't act like you do. stop talking out of your behind. accusing me of things that i'm not. and for hating jews, i don't hate jews. i just don't agree with israel's tactics that's all. just like i don't agree with hate hamas is spreading and the disunity they are causing to their people.

secondly blacks have always been the majority in SA. it's just that because of the apartheid you wouldn't even have known that.

like i said im not saying we deprive rights to whites in SA. but it is a fact. that blacks,mixed race and asian people in SA are still discriminated against in SA. I know of a woman who isn't even black, she's south east asian descent and she talks about the racism that still goes on in SA.

ghook now thinks you are a jooo hating antisemite for the above bolded text.

the red text is what just burst his zionist cherry given who is the majority population in apartheid israel.

It's ..odd. Whites just evolved, to hear Charlie Bass. Or, the other whack job, I mean alternative voice, 52nd street, says it's time to kill all dem-der-honkey doodle pants. Well kiss ma grits. Those poor black Afrikaner black mutha fuckas didn't get the latest news letter. They are superior and they aren't ignorant backwards poor ass ignorant bastards, they are victims. I bet they feel real empowered with that knowledge, and no fucking food and water, Nicodemus. Really. Blog on, blog on.

PLEASE! You are as clear as day at USMB! I think most racism comes from educational backgrounds and geography. I will admit I don't associate with too many blacks and latinos that aren't on my social, economic or educational level. Meaning they are usually professionals, middle class and college educated. From that level I see very little racism towards whites from the blacks and latinos, who I personally associate with!

Taking the lower class. I would say that blacks and latinos in the lower class are just as, if not more racist, than the uneducated buck tooth inbred white rednecks of the lower class!

Even though there is rabid racism amongst lower class blacks and latinos, the US government doesn't set up state sponsored programs to keep brown and black people down and prop up white people! At a time in history we did! Check any history textbook, documentary or talk to 99% of white Americans and all these sources will affirmatively state that Jim Crow, the Separate but Equal Clause (judicial activism at its worst), segregation etc were not just wrong, but were pure evil!

Forum List

Back