Why is being Anti Bush considerd Being Anti American ?

Originally posted by jeffperkinstech
OOOHHHHHH....your SO on buddy! I will debate EVERYTHING with you point by point. And when I am done, I KNOW you will understand where I am comming from and I KNOW you have NOT thought of these things that I have thought of. You have no idea the amount of time within YEARS that I have spent thinking about all of these things. Why do I care? Don't really know I just do. And I actually REALLY care. I want people to live lives that will satisfy most of thier own cravings while contributing to the welfare of the rest of the populace. I want a country that does not make legal issues of personal morality because it goes to steal the very salvation of people by unsurping thier God given free agentcy. I want a governement that will protect individuals from others that break morality to the degree that unsurps anothers rights, without making new laws that everyone must follow. There is so much more to my plan of Government ONE that I can't put down to you right now. Because I am leaving here soon, but will be back later tonight...if your on and interested.

And as a peace offering I would like to say I am sorry for my personal attacks on you, and, if your sincear about true issue driven debates, I will not attack you as a person again. Unless, of course your really just another Social Anarchist...then you can
DOUBBLE EVERYTHING I SAID!!!

When you hit puberty, bring it on.

Yeah OK, your just another dirt ball. Forget it. You couldn't compete anyway and I would just embarrass you.

And I actually REALLY care. I want people to live lives that will satisfy most of thier own cravings while contributing to the welfare of the rest of the populace. I want a country that does not make legal issues of personal morality because it goes to steal the very salvation of people by unsurping thier God given free agentcy. I want a governement that will protect individuals from others that break morality to the degree that unsurps anothers rights, without making new laws that everyone must follow. There is so much more to my plan of Government ONE that I can't put down to you right now.

I'm sure you REALLY care... that's what all the liberals say when they tell us they are going to raise our taxes for this social program and that.

Honestly, you've got this new gov't, you've even got a name for it, but you can't tell us what it is or how it operates? Sounds like a load of crap to me.

Yeah OK, your just another dirt ball. Forget it. You couldn't compete anyway and I would just embarrass you.
Yeah, right.

I am the most dirtiest dirtball you ever could meet. I couldn't compete with your lack af brain power, and certainly would be embarrassed as I currently am for entertaining the idea of stooping to your level.

When accepting your challenge, you duck out.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure you REALLY care... that's what all the liberals say when they tell us they are going to raise our taxes for this social program and that.

You don't HAVE to raise everyone's taxes if you force all those to pay the tax burdens they rightfully bear. You know what I don't get about you GOPhers? Why do you think it's ok for Big Business to get off scott-free, without, usually, even a slap on the wrist, for not supporting the country that gave them the opportunity, in the first place, to make thier fortunes, by paying thier dues? You think that giving out tax breaks to companies that send jobs overseas, or that spend enough money on thier buildings in renovations and remodeling (just to give 2 of a few hundred examples of tax evasion tactics), isn't a tax (the middle and lower classes) and spend program? At least when the Democrats to that they usually do it to move money to the classes of people that don't have every resource already at thier fingertips. And New Guy says he dosen't condone 'moral relativity'. PLEASE! The only moral decry he seems to live by is 'In God We Trust'. Seems the only people that can be viewed as honest God fearing men are on the Forbes list. Hell, maybe New Guy thinks Forbes is God. Hey New Guy, guess what? Being a pastors son I have A PLETHORA of versus to spout at him, but why do so when he would only reject them as rubbish since I do not make over, at least $100k per year (too low, New Guy? I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt)?

You know what the common GOPher follower looks like to me? They look like whimpering puppies that crawl along the heelmarks of thier masters, trying to prove themselves worthy of a petting, by quickly obeying any command barked at them at anytime. You people are trying to get approval from people that would NEVER in thier lives EVER be caught seen with any of you! And it's no secret at all to the rest of US that your masters are bastards with no regaurd to thier supporters. They smack you around and call you names and take everything they can from you all and like New Guy's wife, you all dutifully stand by thier sides and defend them vigorously.

But to get back to your....obviously ignorant post, we could afford MANY more programs if corporate America would pay thier tax budens. Most big corporations pay almost none of thier allocated taxes. Don't believe me? Go back and read archieved news on the Aurther Andersen debacle and many of the commentaries and opinion forums from that time. This was brought up many times and is a well known fact in the circles of the upper class. Why just a couple of months ago, Warren Buffett (one of the very few business men in America with any kind of conscience apparently), publicly called out all of his weathy peers and told them to pay thier taxes! Why I'm sure you can even ask New Guy, how businesses dodge paying thier taxes and make out like bandits for doing so!

I know I sound like I dispise Big Business...cause I do. However, it dosen't mean that I don't feel for them at a certain level. I don't agree that they should be held liable for every little moronic decision that some d!psh!t consumer makes that maimes, kills or in some other way dammages themselves. However, one, you don't get torte reform UNTIL YOU PAY YOUR TAXES! And, two, if you are found to be knowingly guilty of endangering the public at large you should be penalized out of business altogether! It's funny that we believe in capitol punishment for individuals, who's victims, range in the single-digits to teen's, but not corporations, who's victims rage in the hundreds and thousands! And don't give me this ideal that if we put a business down that it would put all those poor people out of work. Right. Someone would come in and scoop up the reminance of that business for dirt cheap and give running that business a shot themselves. It's like some people believe in a vaccum.

Anyway, I'm ranting...I wasn't even going to participate in these boards anymore since none of you seem interested in solutions and only seem interested in sputtering comments from the peanut gallery. But then I saw gop_jeff's ignorant comment on HOW COULD WE EVER PAY FOR SUCH A THING UNLESS WE ALL PAY MORE TAXES BECAUSE WE CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT OUR POOR, TRODDEN-DOWN WEALTHY BRETHREN TO FORK OVER THIER FAIR SHARE! Oh BOO-HOO for the rich. Do you GOPhers cry yourselves to sleep at night, hugging your pillows, praying for the saftey and welfare of all those wealthy Americans living lives of such hardship and dispare?

Oh you guys just make me so furious. Your priorities are so backward.

I really hope I didn't just read you calling gop_jeff 'ignorant'....

wow. Not only do I think he could physically kick your ass, I do believe I'd wager my home and first born Jeff could 'own' you in any debate on any topic.

;)

You don't HAVE to raise everyone's taxes if you force all those to pay the tax burdens they rightfully bear. You know what I don't get about you GOPhers? Why do you think it's ok for Big Business to get off scott-free, without, usually, even a slap on the wrist, for not supporting the country that gave them the opportunity, in the first place, to make thier fortunes, by paying thier dues? You think that giving out tax breaks to companies that send jobs overseas, or that spend enough money on thier buildings in renovations and remodeling (just to give 2 of a few hundred examples of tax evasion tactics), isn't a tax (the middle and lower classes) and spend program? At least when the Democrats to that they usually do it to move money to the classes of people that don't have every resource already at thier fingertips. And New Guy says he dosen't condone 'moral relativity'. PLEASE! The only moral decry he seems to live by is 'In God We Trust'. Seems the only people that can be viewed as honest God fearing men are on the Forbes list. Hell, maybe New Guy thinks Forbes is God. Hey New Guy, guess what? Being a pastors son I have A PLETHORA of versus to spout at him, but why do so when he would only reject them as rubbish since I do not make over, at least $100k per year (too low, New Guy? I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt)?

You know what the common GOPher follower looks like to me? They look like whimpering puppies that crawl along the heelmarks of thier masters, trying to prove themselves worthy of a petting, by quickly obeying any command barked at them at anytime. You people are trying to get approval from people that would NEVER in thier lives EVER be caught seen with any of you! And it's no secret at all to the rest of US that your masters are bastards with no regaurd to thier supporters. They smack you around and call you names and take everything they can from you all and like New Guy's wife, you all dutifully stand by thier sides and defend them vigorously.

But to get back to your....obviously ignorant post, we could afford MANY more programs if corporate America would pay thier tax budens. Most big corporations pay almost none of thier allocated taxes. Don't believe me? Go back and read archieved news on the Aurther Andersen debacle and many of the commentaries and opinion forums from that time. This was brought up many times and is a well known fact in the circles of the upper class. Why just a couple of months ago, Warren Buffett (one of the very few business men in America with any kind of conscience apparently), publicly called out all of his weathy peers and told them to pay thier taxes! Why I'm sure you can even ask New Guy, how businesses dodge paying thier taxes and make out like bandits for doing so!

I know I sound like I dispise Big Business...cause I do. However, it dosen't mean that I don't feel for them at a certain level. I don't agree that they should be held liable for every little moronic decision that some d!psh!t consumer makes that maimes, kills or in some other way dammages themselves. However, one, you don't get torte reform UNTIL YOU PAY YOUR TAXES! And, two, if you are found to be knowingly guilty of endangering the public at large you should be penalized out of business altogether! It's funny that we believe in capitol punishment for individuals, who's victims, range in the single-digits to teen's, but not corporations, who's victims rage in the hundreds and thousands! And don't give me this ideal that if we put a business down that it would put all those poor people out of work. Right. Someone would come in and scoop up the reminance of that business for dirt cheap and give running that business a shot themselves. It's like some people believe in a vaccum.

Anyway, I'm ranting...I wasn't even going to participate in these boards anymore since none of you seem interested in solutions and only seem interested in sputtering comments from the peanut gallery. But then I saw gop_jeff's ignorant comment on HOW COULD WE EVER PAY FOR SUCH A THING UNLESS WE ALL PAY MORE TAXES BECAUSE WE CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT OUR POOR, TRODDEN-DOWN WEALTHY BRETHREN TO FORK OVER THIER FAIR SHARE! Oh BOO-HOO for the rich. Do you GOPhers cry yourselves to sleep at night, hugging your pillows, praying for the saftey and welfare of all those wealthy Americans living lives of such hardship and dispare?

It seems you are just promoting class war-fare and asset redistribution. I don't need the goverment to spend or tell me how to spend my hard earned money, I can do it myself quite well thank you very much.

Crying class warfare is a tactic of the wealthy when they are appauled by the audacity of the lower classes to actually fight back. Class warfare has been going on for HUNDREDS of years! Couldn't it be considered 'Class Warfare' when wealthy textile tycoons paid virtually no wages to thier workers and huddled them all into the same building as thier business in very cramped and dangerous living conditions that finally caught fire and killed hundreds of, mainly, women and children that lived in worked there in New York about a century ago? Oh, of course not. Class warfare is ONLY when anyone in the ranks of the middle or lower class looks up at those in the upper class, that constantly impose thier own will and self serving viewpoints upon the rest of us, and see these people not being or taking account for thier own actions and wrong-doings, but wanting greater accountability and punishments for the rest of us. WHY KISS THIER AZZ, THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO LIKE YOU ANYWAY, PANSY!

Oh, and by the way, it's not actually asset redistribution when the money is owed to the US and is legally NOT thiers in the first place! You remind me of when the Big Businesses of New York wanted the government to tax the people on a new utility system that would have been for the exclusive use of businesses. Seriously, why support people or entities that DON'T support you? Do you think it's morally wrong to ask for a fair exchange between parties? If you do, then open the Bible...that isn't wrong at all.

Your class warfare argument is completely bogus. Class warfare in this country is used mainly by leftists in order to garner votes. You don't think statements by by Demos such as these classics "Republicans want to eliminate lunch programs" or "they are going to cut medicare benefits for seniors" or "tax cuts for the rich", thats the biggest laugher of them all. That is class warfare son, you don't think that the rich want more wealth created in order to have more business opportunities to create more wealth for themselves? Your crazy if you think otherwise and showing you have no practical understanding of any dynamic in America.

BTW just how do you figure we "OWE" money to the government? We don't owe them shit!

Crying class warfare is a tactic of the wealthy when they are appauled by the audacity of the lower classes to actually fight back. Class warfare has been going on for HUNDREDS of years! Couldn't it be considered 'Class Warfare' when wealthy textile tycoons paid virtually no wages to thier workers and huddled them all into the same building as thier business in very cramped and dangerous living conditions that finally caught fire and killed hundreds of, mainly, women and children that lived in worked there in New York about a century ago? Oh, of course not. Class warfare is ONLY when anyone in the ranks of the middle or lower class looks up at those in the upper class, that constantly impose thier own will and self serving viewpoints upon the rest of us, and see these people not being or taking account for thier own actions and wrong-doings, but wanting greater accountability and punishments for the rest of us. WHY KISS THIER AZZ, THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO LIKE YOU ANYWAY, PANSY!

Oh, and by the way, it's not actually asset redistribution when the money is owed to the US and is legally NOT thiers in the first place! You remind me of when the Big Businesses of New York wanted the government to tax the people on a new utility system that would have been for the exclusive use of businesses. Seriously, why support people or entities that DON'T support you? Do you think it's morally wrong to ask for a fair exchange between parties? If you do, then open the Bible...that isn't wrong at all.

OOOOOH now I'm a pansy ass kisser :p:

Re Class Warfare

So you've decided that I am rich, I wish my bank agreed. Its quite obvious that you are trying to split the populace, and I quote:

"Class warfare is ONLY when anyone in the ranks of the middle or lower class looks up at those in the upper class, that constantly impose thier own will and self serving viewpoints upon the rest of us, and see these people not being or taking account for thier own actions and wrong-doings, but wanting greater accountability and punishments for the rest of us."

If you let someone impose their will on you, then you deserve it. Who's punishing you? Yourself?

Using your logic (if you could call it that) Business should be penalized for their sucess.

Try this:

re·dis·tri·bu·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rds-tr-byshn)
n.
The act or process of redistributing.
An economic theory or policy that advocates reducing inequalities in the distribution of wealth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again you're thinking is flawed. The tax code in this country is completely fubar, that's quite obvious. You feel that the government is "owed" by the people and big business. Like I said before, I don't appreciate the government taking my hard earned money (or a companies for that matter) in the form of overtaxation and pissing it away on pork, corruption and social entitlements. Paying my fair share for needed services is one thing, what you advocate is quite different. Everybody is born the same way: naked and screaming. Some are privledged some are not. I know plenty of people who grew up in the ghetto that you would now consider ass kissing pansies who aren't liked by big biz. Its a matter of personal choices and responsibility. <b>Nobody owes you anything, especially Uncle Sam.</b> Deal with it and go get your lot in life, cuz I'm not going to give it you.

First off, not all corporations are corrupt. Many are, but most are not. Second, can you really blame them for looking for tax deductions? They pay so much in taxes, it's unbelievable. Even when corporations do take a lot of deductions, it's because they're *gasp* giving to charities. That's because they'd rather see their money go to, say, the American Cancer Society than to whatever small, wacko group the Democrats decide to support this year. Maybe they're getting deductions for upkeep on their equipment. Yeah, corporations take a lot of deductions, but that's because tax law allows for that.

Now, as for class warfare, that's what used to happen when poor downtrodden workers were forced to work 12 hours/day for 2 cents an hour, 7 days a week until they lose an arm or something in a machine. However, these problems don't exist today except in illegal, underground sweat shops. Child labor laws, OSHA, minimum wage, worker's comp, and overtime all ensure that the avergage, lower class worker gets a fair shake. Now, class warfare is when the CIO and the AFL decide that they need more money/coffee breaks/longer lunches/etc., so they go on strike. Sometimes it's when the welfare leeches decide they want more, so they beg the government to raise taxes so they get more welfare. To be fair, the lower class workers of the modern world do have legitamite gripes from time to time, such as the UPS strike involving the lack of full-time jobs. However, most of these things I see now look like griping and whining to me.

On a more personal note, Jeff, I find your tone to be insulting and condescending. You assume that we are all backward and ignorant, without giving one bit of creed to what we say. You assume your way to be the only correct way, while everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Such memorable quotes as, "Anyway, I'm ranting...I wasn't even going to participate in these boards anymore since none of you seem interested in solutions and only seem interested in sputtering comments from the peanut gallery," and "Oh you guys just make me so furious. Your priorities are so backward," just show me that you're completely unopen to any other viewpoint. How about you try this: Instead of begging us to understand and agree with your oviously correct viewpoint that was handed to you by Gabriel, himself, try to understand our viewpoints. The better you understand us, the easier it is to try to convince us of your viewpoints. Calling us all backward, mindless, corporate slaves only makes us despise and ignore you.

First, I don't think you have a clue what my position on corporate taxes are, but here you go: I think we should lower corporate taxes to a flat 25% rate on all profits. This would accomplish a couple of things. First, it would make corporate taxes a lot easier to manage, as compared to the current multi-tiered progressive-regressive system we have now. Secondly, it would keep businesses from relocating overseas, as many are doing now, and increase corporate tax receipts. Now I'm not smart enough to know about the many loopholes in the corporate tax structure, but in general, I am in favor of eliminating such loopholes (for the record, I am also in favor of a flat 18% individual income tax, after a standard deduction of all income up to the poverty level, with absolutely zero deductions except for interest on a house mortgage).
But regardless, your whole premise seems to be forced wealth redistribution, which is inherently wrong. If I want to give money to a homeless guy, or to the Salvation Army, great. But it is NOT the government's business to tell me that I have to do so.

I'll let NewGuy defend his own wife. In the meantime, I'm sure that you have no idea what it's like to join together with other people for the common goal of electing a public official whom you think will pass good laws. That's what we do in the GOP. Just because you despise the two-party system doesn't mean that the system is full of lackeys. My political involvement is based on the amount of good that I think I can do for my town/county/state/nation. Your government-ONE program sounds like you are trying to get yourself appointed as US Dictator for Life - how arrogant of you.

Simply put, the vast majority of businesses are paying no taxes LEGALLY. You wnat change? Work to close corporate tax loopholes - which I have already stated that I am generaly favorable to. But it sounds like you want to take it a lot further than that, and tax companies even more heavily than they would already be taced. Are you aware of the unemployment and recession issues that you would face, were that policy implemented?

You know, the more you rant, the more you sound like Ralph Nader...

Anyway, I'm ranting...

Yes...

I wasn't even going to participate in these boards anymore since none of you seem interested in solutions and only seem interested in sputtering comments from the peanut gallery. But then I saw gop_jeff's ignorant comment on HOW COULD WE EVER PAY FOR SUCH A THING UNLESS WE ALL PAY MORE TAXES BECAUSE WE CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT OUR POOR, TRODDEN-DOWN WEALTHY BRETHREN TO FORK OVER THIER FAIR SHARE! Oh BOO-HOO for the rich. Do you GOPhers cry yourselves to sleep at night, hugging your pillows, praying for the saftey and welfare of all those wealthy Americans living lives of such hardship and dispare?

My specific comment was, "that's what all the liberals say when they tell us they are going to raise our taxes for this social program and that." And yes, I have a serious problem with forced wealth redistribution. In my opinion, nothing could be worse for the economic vitality of the nation. What happens when people get paid not to work? No one wants to work! If you want to improve people's life situation, help them to find jobs, and/or help them to get training (which most good companies do in the first place).
So yes, JPTech, I have a real problem with raising taxes on me (or anyone else) to give away to others. I also have a problem with you deciding what my "fair share" is. As far as I'm concerned, if Joe and Jane Doe can pay 15% of their income, Bill Gates can pay 15% of his income. That is fairness.

jeffJack-in-crack,

You have a few things wrong:

1. "You think that giving out tax breaks to companies that send jobs overseas, or that spend enough money on thier buildings in renovations and remodeling (just to give 2 of a few hundred examples of tax evasion tactics), isn't a tax (the middle and lower classes) and spend program?"

Actually, the reason they do this is that the govt. GIVES them tax breaks. Tax evasion is when you keep from paying what you rightfully owe. When you own a business, you are entitled to pay less taxes by way of deductions because you stimulate the economy and you are trying to create more wealth which pays more taxes in the END RUN.

But you wouldn't know anything about that.

2. "At least when the Democrats to that they usually do it to move money to the classes of people that don't have every resource already at thier fingertips. "

I have helped several people of DIFFERENT political backgrounds start businesses WITHOUT ANY OVERHEAD to take advantage of these tax incentives and make a $5000 difference on their taxes you dumb-ass. Democrats keep people dependent on government, as you would like to see. Instead of giving them a hand out, how about a hand UP.

3. "Seems the only people that can be viewed as honest God fearing men are on the Forbes list. Hell, maybe New Guy thinks Forbes is God. "

No, actually most of the people with money horde it. -As in politicians and large business owners. This is not God's way. We are called to give everything we have to promote His kingdom. When you have wealth, which IS a sound Biblical possibility, we are less dependent on the pursuit of money (the pursuit being the root of all evil). I don't make a wad of cash, but what I DO make, I keep most of by not paying taxes, and share nearly everything I have. This includes my money, property, and my biggest asset to most people by THEIR admission, my knowledge. -Which I would attribute all to God providing me.

4. "Hey New Guy, guess what? Being a pastors son I have A PLETHORA of versus to spout at him, but why do so when he would only reject them as rubbish since I do not make over, at least $100k per year (too low, New Guy? I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt)?"

Satan quoted scripture too.

5. "They smack you around and call you names and take everything they can from you all and like New Guy's wife, you all dutifully stand by thier sides and defend them vigorously. "
:cof:

Careful, she would kick yer butt faster than you could say "Subdermal Hematoma". -And how do YOU know anything about her? Do you claim to know who she or I even are?

6. "But then I saw gop_jeff's ignorant comment on HOW COULD WE EVER PAY FOR SUCH A THING UNLESS WE ALL PAY MORE TAXES BECAUSE WE CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT OUR POOR, TRODDEN-DOWN WEALTHY BRETHREN TO FORK OVER THIER FAIR SHARE! Oh BOO-HOO for the rich."

"Oh you guys just make me so furious. Your priorities are so backward."

The only most direct structure of government that is 180 degrees opposite of capitalism is socialism. Do you realize you just called yourself a socialist?

7. " Do you think it's morally wrong to ask for a fair exchange between parties? If you do, then open the Bible...that isn't wrong at all."

I would ask your royal highness to open one yourself and grace us with your pastoral wealth of knowledge so we might discuss it with you.

Oh, and by the way, it's not actually asset redistribution when the money is owed to the US and is legally NOT thiers in the first place
You have this backwards. The government exsists to serve us, we do not exsist to serve the government.

Are you seriously bringing up labor conditions from over 100 years ago to try to prove a point? Those conditions have been eradicated from the US, thanks to labor laws.
What people you think like you do is invoke an 'us vs. them' mindset in everyone. I don't despise the rich; in fact, I hope to join their ranks eventually, as do millions of other Americans. In fact, class mobility is one of the greatest facets of American society. Unfortunately, the policies you advocate would replace class mobility with class/income equalization.

My money is owed to the U.S.? How is that? I made the money, I earned it, it is MINE. I will pay what I owe in taxes, but the rest belongs to me.

And yes, I think it is morally wrong for the government to force me to pay money to a thrid party. As I have stated before, if you want to give all your money to the poor, voluntarily, that's great. But the government should have no part in it.
And as an evangelical Christian, I'd be interested to know exactly which verses you claim as your moral foundation to tax the rich and give to the poor.

Originally posted by TheFunkster
Can someone please explain that to me. ? So were all the anti Clintons anti American ? The Anti Regans ?

Here's why, at this point in time, on these issues, Kerry has demonstrated a willingness to sellout american national security for his own personal career. His whole political platform, liberalism, is based on villifying the principles the have made america great, free markets, religous tolerance, individual rights. These are the american values, these are the values that made america great. To be against these, is to be a bad, uneducated American.

Satan quoted scripture too.

:clap: I must applaud this comeback.

And as an evangelical Christian, I'd be interested to know exactly which verses you claim as your moral foundation to tax the rich and give to the poor.

I'm interested as well. Maybe he'll cite, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God," and claim we're doing them a favor by taking their money.

I would ask your royal highness to open one yourself and grace us with your pastoral wealth of knowledge so we might discuss it with you.

If thou wouldst come down from thine ivory tower to bestow thine holy knowledge upon we lowly, uneducated peasants, it would honor this lowly plebian. So please, grace us whith thine divine knowledge that we may be enlightened.

He does respond sometimes, but then it's more drivel. I consider refuting him a warm-up for real debates, which I may actually have with ole' jeffy there if he'll ever jump down off his high horse.

Forum List

Back