Why is anyone shocked at the Des Moines Register endorsement of Romney?

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Bain invests a lot of money in media and I believe they own media giant Clear Channel.

Gannett Company owns the Des Moines Register, The Tennessean and is a major media company.

They both make a lot of money and I'm sure I could find the connection.

Bain invests a lot of money in media and I believe they own media giant Clear Channel.

Gannett Company owns the Des Moines Register, The Tennessean and is a major media company.

The New York Times is also a major media company, numbnuts. Why didn't it endorse Romney?

The New York Times is also a major media company, numbnuts. Why didn't it endorse Romney?

They have ethics?

Yup. Color me oh so suprised that the NY slimes would endorse Barry.

If Gannett owns the Register then color me shocked that that paper would endorse Romney.

Gannett isn't exactly right wing.

They have ethics?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're joking, right?

How many times has the NYT been caught red-handed inventing the news?

That actually isn't a factor in the case of the Des Moines register.

I'm cutting and pasting from a blog, I know, but there is a quote from the editor Mr. Green below.

Des Moines Register editor Rick Green and publisher Laura Hollingsworth talked with President Obama for a half-hour Tuesday morning, but their conference call — “an incredibly informative exchange of questions” — had to be off-the-record, the White House ruled.

Green writes:

We requested that the White House be asked to reverse course so whatever the president shared with us could be reviewed by voters and our readers.

No reason was given for the unusual condition of keeping it private.

We relented and took the call. How could we not? It’s the leader of the free world on line one.

Regardless of the reasoning; it doesn't play well. Frankly, I can't blame the DMR editorial board for going with Romney. I think Iowans may differ.

Forum List

Back