Why India, not China, is a better investment partner for Africa

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
A fairly wise article.

---

One place African leaders might look to is India. While far from corruption-free, India is the largest electoral democracy in the world, with a burgeoning consumer class to match. Indian companies are beholden to the policies of a democratic government in New Delhi, which in turn is beholden to 1.3 billion voters. The country has a corresponding philosophical disposition to engage in similar politics abroad. Does this mean an influx of Indian investment will necessitate liberalized African politics? Not across the board—but the odds seem likelier than sticking with Chinese cash.

Why India not China is a better investment partner for Africa 8211 Quartz

A fairly wise article.

---

One place African leaders might look to is India. While far from corruption-free, India is the largest electoral democracy in the world, with a burgeoning consumer class to match. Indian companies are beholden to the policies of a democratic government in New Delhi, which in turn is beholden to 1.3 billion voters. The country has a corresponding philosophical disposition to engage in similar politics abroad. Does this mean an influx of Indian investment will necessitate liberalized African politics? Not across the board—but the odds seem likelier than sticking with Chinese cash.

Vik you oooooz optimism -----for the HUMAN SPIRIT-----
my guess is that African leaders are just as
A fairly wise article.

---

seems logical and mutually advantageous to me------I am really not of a "biased" brain-------but ---well---sorry Chinese people--------we have Indians and Chinese people
in the USA---------but as far as I know-----of those two groups-----the one more engaged in organized crime-----
is-------well------not the Indians ------as far as I know.
As for corruption------as far as I know----in india it is more like the "baksheesh" system----than organized directed 'violence---------and violence is more like----"politically" and
"ideologically" motivated -----easier to avoid and would not
be exported to africa

A fairly wise article.

---

Vik you oooooz optimism -----for the HUMAN SPIRIT-----
my guess is that African leaders are just as
A fairly wise article.

---

seems logical and mutually advantageous to me------I am really not of a "biased" brain-------but ---well---sorry Chinese people--------we have Indians and Chinese people
in the USA---------but as far as I know-----of those two groups-----the one more engaged in organized crime-----
is-------well------not the Indians ------as far as I know.
As for corruption------as far as I know----in india it is more like the "baksheesh" system----than organized directed 'violence---------and violence is more like----"politically" and
"ideologically" motivated -----easier to avoid and would not
be exported to africa

You are wrong. India ranks lower than China on corruption index. I have posted about it. There were reports published by U.N. and some other independent bodies on this subject few months ago.

Forum List

Back