Why in the name of all that make sense?

Why do you blame Cooperation's for doing what they have to do to compete? Long Ago America Committed to the idea of Free Trade. With that comes intense competition. In most cases when a Cooperation out sources jobs, a large factor of why is that they simply can not Compete on a global Scale. In part because of Labor costs, and Regulations. It makes no economic Sense to spend 5 Times as much to build something here, then you can get it from somewhere else.

I Believe I have seen the effects of this first hand.

See Most people think of my state, Michigan as having used to be at least, all about the Auto Industry and Heavily Unionized. Well the truth always was the the Assembly Plants in and around Detroit were always union, but the rest of Michigan's Economy was Heavily Into Making small component Parts the Auto Makes used, With Mostly NON Union Workers.

As the Car Companies struggled to pay for the Unions Nice Big Contracts, the first things to go were all the Non Union, Auto Related Manufacturing plants all across the rest of Michigan. As the Car Companies elected to get more and more of the Components made over seas.

Now the Car Companies did not do this out of Greed, They did it out of Necessity, and even it was not enough, they still needed Billions in Bail outs. Now our Car Companies assemble Cars from parts made mostly in other countries. The Unions Workers doing it still make good money, and have great benefits, but at the cost of Millions of workers in the support industries seeing their jobs go away.

Yay for the Power of Unions. They are like the Heard of Elephants that Comes into a Field of Grass and Eats and Eats and Eats until the is nothing but a field of Dirt left, and not even the seed survived.

Of course.

The corporations get formed in America, on the backs of hard-working Americans, bribe politicians to keep the trade imbalances going, and then take their profits and move to China.

Corporations to US citizens: "Thanks for all the profits and hard work! Now go fuck yourselves. Oh, and keep buying our products!"

But there's nothing wrong about that. Obviously it's all Obama and the Unions fault, for making sure that:

a) the minimum wage was not lowered to 30 cents an hour,
b) factories are not allowed to freely poison the water supply so children can get cancer
and
c) child labor laws stay in place, so our 6-year-olds can't be as productive as southeast Asia's 6-year-olds.

Obviously it can't possibly the corporations' fault. No...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Why the hell is it that Despite the Fact that China is Manipulating their Currency Value to our Detriment, Despite the Fact that they side against us in the UN almost all the time, Despite the Fact that we "OWE" them A trillion dollars, and Despite the Fact that their Economy is about to Eclipse ours as the Biggest in the world.

WE STILL FUCKING GIVE CHINA AID.

I mean WTF.

Editorial: Why Does The U.S. Still Give China Aid? - Latest Headlines - Investors.com

According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, foreign aid to China totals $2.6 billion a year. The biggest donor is Japan, followed by Germany, France and Britain, then the U.S. All of these countries, meanwhile, are in debt to China and running massive deficits.

U.S. aid, at $65 million a year, is relatively small thanks to sanctions imposed following Beijing's 1989 military crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators at Tiananmen Square. Still, why are we sending China any succor at all?

But the aid is next to impossible to justify when you consider the following facts:

• Beijing spends at least $100 billion a year building up its military and training the world's largest army.

• It spends billions more on a space program.

• It spent tens of billions on the 2008 Olympics.

• It holds some $2.5 trillion in foreign reserves.

• It boasts the world's most billionaires after the U.S.

Yet China still has its hand out, as if it were a Third World developing nation. And we keep treating it like a charity case.

We have got to be the Stupidest Country on the Face of the earth.

I wish one of the GOP candidates would make an issue of this and declare that he will look afresh at every country and its needs.
Oh, wait.

UNbelievably, isn't it?

I have very little doubt that a careful study of this "aid" would lead us to some Chinese INSIDER who is doing very well from it, thank you, from that "AID".

In another time we might have called much of the "aid" we give other nations BRIBES.

I think you have it.

Just what is this aid used for?
More details please so we can understand better who over here this aid benefits.

Why does it matter. I don't care if the Aid is meant to feed starving People in China.

We owe China 1 Trillion bucks Because they have so much wealth they have a trillion to invest. They have 400 Billion a year to spend on their Military and Space Programs.

We should not be giving a penny to them, just because they would rather use their Money on weapons and Space Programs than Feeding their own Fucking people.

If we give them a penny it should be as Payments on our debt, Not fucking Aid.

I mean don't you get it. Were fucking Borrowing Money from China and then giving some of it back to them as Aid.

Sheer Unadulterated Insanity.

Why the hell is it that Despite the Fact that China is Manipulating their Currency Value to our Detriment, Despite the Fact that they side against us in the UN almost all the time, Despite the Fact that we "OWE" them A trillion dollars, and Despite the Fact that their Economy is about to Eclipse ours as the Biggest in the world.

I mean WTF.

Editorial: Why Does The U.S. Still Give China Aid? - Latest Headlines - Investors.com

According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, foreign aid to China totals $2.6 billion a year. The biggest donor is Japan, followed by Germany, France and Britain, then the U.S. All of these countries, meanwhile, are in debt to China and running massive deficits.

U.S. aid, at $65 million a year, is relatively small thanks to sanctions imposed following Beijing's 1989 military crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators at Tiananmen Square. Still, why are we sending China any succor at all?

But the aid is next to impossible to justify when you consider the following facts:

• Beijing spends at least $100 billion a year building up its military and training the world's largest army.

• It spends billions more on a space program.

• It spent tens of billions on the 2008 Olympics.

• It holds some $2.5 trillion in foreign reserves.

• It boasts the world's most billionaires after the U.S.

Yet China still has its hand out, as if it were a Third World developing nation. And we keep treating it like a charity case.

I wish one of the GOP candidates would make an issue of this and declare that he will look afresh at every country and its needs.
Oh, wait.

Yep, I know what Perry said.

To Bad Perry would look like a fucking Idiot in a Debate with Obama, and virtually assure Obama a win.

Or do you actually think he can win?

We give foreign aid to foster good relations with foreign countries.

A country with the 2nd biggest Economy on Earth, that Has Billions to spend on it's Military and Space Program, and Lends US money every year. Does not need our Financial Aid.

You are defending Borrowing Money from China and then giving it back to them as Aid. Way to be a complete Idiot once again my dear.

I mean WTF.

Oh, wait.

Yep, I know what Perry said.

To Bad Perry would look like a fucking Idiot in a Debate with Obama, and virtually assure Obama a win.

Or do you actually think he can win?

Oh Perry would beat Obama. Then again Ron Paul could probably beat Obama.

Ok in a nut shell foreign aid is the sweetener in trade deals, we made an agreement to supply this aid and to just stop would violate standing deals. It is quite possible that renegotiating these deals would cost us a hell of a lot more than just the pittance we still spend on aid.

Those kinds of "good ol' boy" deals and contracts need to end.

And yes, I believe we're a big enough player for mid contract renegotiation to be a viable option.

Trade policy is almost as complex as the tax code. We need a simple trade policy and let the deals be made by American businessmen, not the politicians.

All we really need is a list of borders not to be crossed. We should also maintain a list of countries so disliked that we won't do business with countries who do.

We could vote to decide who gets to be on which list.

One point, as a sovern nation China has the right to manipulate it's currency as it sees fit and we have no right to force them to do otherwise.

We dug our hole to China and should not blame it on them.

No... "WE" as in the PEOPLE OF AMERICA, didn't dig SHIT with China. Our ***POLITICIANS*** did.

And by God they better start doing business with that commie country a little differently here real fast. Enough is enough.

Let's see...

40 years ago, when America & China started relations, America was the world's industrial and economic super-power and China was an economic shit hole.

At that time America was dominated by LIBERAL economic philosophy - even Nixon was Keynesian. China was a Maoist disaster, desparately trying to pull itself out of the dark ages.

Then along came Ronald Reagan and the free-market fanatics (Clinton included).

So we destroyed the power of unions in America, we removed all trade protectionism..in short we put free-market capitalism above American national interests.

Meanwhile, China transitioned into some undefinable mixture of Maoism, nationalism, dictatorship and capitalism. Fortunately for them, unlike the U.S.A., the 'nationalist' sentiments dominated any economic ideology.

What the free-marketers never bothered to calculate into their philosophies was the negative effects on America that would occur when two extremely different economies were merged. They simply did not care that when one people are accustomed to one standard of living and they are economically merged with another people who are accustomed to a much lower standard, it would be disasterous for the people with the higher standard.

Of course in a free-market, capitalist society, the capitalists aren't expected to give a rats ass if the lives of millions of Americans are destroyed: they don't think in terms of American patriotism, they think in terms of class warfare - the workers be damned.

Anybody who is surprised the the American corporations have used every mechanism possible to screw Americans or who think that American corporations are supposed to have some sense of patriotism, simply does not understand free-market capitalism at all.

At this time in history you cannot be both pro-free market capitalism and pro-America. The two are diametrically opposed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back