Why I'm Optimistic About the Economy

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Since 1981, the U.S has added 46 million jobs, 40 million of which were created in the 16 years of Reagan and Clinton, while just 6 million were created under the 12 years of Bush and son.

Whatever happens in Nov, at least we'll be Bush-free by January 20th.

The more I read on the "ekonomiks" stuff, the more pessimistic I get.

A similar housing financing crash also figured in the great depression of 1929.

Right now, the solution is to bail out from the top like they did then. When will we ever bail out from the bottom?:eusa_pray:

Oh, that's right, I'm being anti corporation by talking like that.:badgrin:

Does anyone remember just a while ago Bush gave all the tax payers a few bucks to get out of the worsening recession? Seems it didn't work and no one mentions it today.

Times change but this paragraph was interesting.

The Second Great Depression

"The federal government also contributed to the growing gap between the rich and middle-class. Calvin Coolidge's (pro business) administration passed the Revenue Act of 1926, which reduced federal income and inheritance taxes dramatically…(At the same time) the Supreme Court ruled minimum-wage legislation unconstitutional."

The more I read on the "ekonomiks" stuff, the more pessimistic I get.

A similar housing financing crash also figured in the great depression of 1929.

Right now, the solution is to bail out from the top like they did then. When will we ever bail out from the bottom?:eusa_pray:

Oh, that's right, I'm being anti corporation by talking like that.:badgrin:

pretty meaning --anti corporation

We're dealing with the money changers here. The dont make anything--they jsut play with you money.

Forum List

Back