Why I'm not a Democrat...

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Why I'm not a Democrat...anymore (since 2008). And Why I'm not a Republican (though I was for a brief period of time)

Why I only list D and R is because we have only 2 major political parties.

While being a registered Democrat, I had occasionally voted for liberal Republicans over conservative Democrats on the state and local level. Why, because I'm a liberal and I would stick with my party except for where my core principles clashed with partisan loyalties. Ive criticized other Democrats in the past for going with a Republican over a Democrat when their basic principles, and not their core principles were involved.

consistency and not partisanship at any cost.

principles over party loyalty.

but why the seeming disconnect (only seeming)? because politics is the art of compromise and compromise we must. When Benjamin Franklin was said to utter "A republic if you can keep it" he was referring to what would keep the Republic together -- the compromise document known as the US Constitution.

Oh yeah, why did I leave the Democratic party? Progressive take over.

There's a very simple reason why I'm not a Democrat. The reason is, I knew and could identify both parents.

There's a very simple reason why I'm not a Democrat. The reason is, I knew and could identify both parents.

that is highly suspect

I can prove it. I have a birth certificate that I am proud to show anybody who might want to see it. Owe Bama apparently can't say that.

that is soooooooooooooo taz!

tazambiguouslygayduoace.jpg

Forum List

Back