Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.

That's ironic though. The reason he was saying he left the GOP back then was because they were big government but now he is going around the net stumping for Obama. WTH?

And he's supposedly only 27. So back in 2007, when he was only 22, he had already been a Republican "for a long time" and then quit.

If he really is that young, I guess I shouldn't razz him too much. Young people can be mercurial. It's their prerogative, just part of being that age.

So I'll give him one last chuckle and be done. :)

Sorry bout that,

Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.
by: Jeff Wartman

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

1. You still do not know just how fucked up American Government is do you bud? Its all fucked up, both sides, and whats in the middle. :badgrin:
2. Justice isn't something the powers that be deal with very good, there is little safeguards or protections for the *average man*.
3. Your problem is you don't know it is how power is delivered, power isn't delivered, its a fake, there is little power in the government, one day you may understand that, people power is the best power.
4. The power of my pin is more power than most governmental agencies have.
5. This political structure, needs to grow some balls. :badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

Also, those who don't want a (reputedly) benevolent nanny state aren't exhibiting any "rigid anti-gubmint philosophy"...The merely want public servants to stay in their box, where they belong.

Strawman fail.

what a dumbass response.

almost as dumb as the thank you gallery. *shrug*

"Live and let live" is hardly the motto of the Democrat Party.

From anti-smoking laws, to seat belt & motorcycle helmet laws, to trans-fat bans, to dictates to McDonald's about what meals may or may not be served to kids, to the soft censorship of political correctness, the very last thing they are is a bunch who minds their own damned business and plays live and let live.

You might want to rethink your rationale here.

I agree that they go too far at times. Which is why I don't wear the coat of the DNC very well.
At times?!?!?!??...You can't possibly be serious.

The Democrat party is, by far, the most in-your-business and least tolerant political party this side if the Communist Party.

Supporting a woman's right to choose is huge. As is not opposing gay marriage. Equal pay laws, worker's rights...the list goes on and on. All things the GOP actively resists.
Pfft...Those are things that have to be imposed upon the society, rather that taking your *claimed* live-and-let-live approach and letting the states, localities, families and marketplace of ideas take care of those issues...Your approach is to have them imposed upon everyone, under your misguided notion of "fairness"....Hardly a live-and-let-live mindset.

As for Seat Belt laws, there are a number of states that have the laws (Texas is one) that have almost no democratic party presence at all. Care to explain?

Like mandatory insurance, the 55 mph speed limit ant the .08 BAC level, seat belt laws were forced down the throats of the states via blackmail...Congress threatened to withhold the highway tax dollars, that belonged to them in the first place, were the laws not passed at the state level.

Okay, we have a Republican majority in the House, and had republican majorities in the Senate under Bush and the White House. Did they just forget--they could have ended the "blackmail".

Equal pay for women shouldn't even be an issue. You do the job, the job pays X, it should be the same pay regardless. Somehow having a penis means you get more money? The Democratic Party has a long history of fighting such things and I support the party's fight in that case. Say the same for their support (or at least non opposition) to same sex marriage, the insanity of legalized discrimination in Arizona and Alabama, the protection of workers rights, etc... I'm proud to align myself with them on these points.

Still, someone pointed out the crazy positions on stuff like having to use non-disposable shopping bags and crap like that. Really? I guess the mother of all things that I can't get with from the DNC is the mandated insurance under Obamacare. I don't see how that can be Constitutional under any circumstances.

A mixed bag. Which is why it's an ill fitting garment that I choose not to wear.

Wow!!! I'll have to hand it to the OP. For a subject that's been kicked around a lot on the boards, this thread really took off like a rocket. Lotsa pages and posts in 24 hours, huh. Struck a lot of nerves.

I suppose it is possible to have once embraced Republicanism and now prefer an Obama Administration and the current Democratic Party as manifested in Congress.

But for the life of me, I can't think of anybody who has ever adequately defended that with any kind of accurate information.

I think most would prefer a third option. It's a shame we don't have one.

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

Also, those who don't want a (reputedly) benevolent nanny state aren't exhibiting any "rigid anti-gubmint philosophy"...The merely want public servants to stay in their box, where they belong.

Strawman fail.

what a dumbass response.

almost as dumb as the thank you gallery. *shrug*

The idiocy of the post (Oddball's) is probably unparalleled in the annals of USMB.

I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlUgilKqms]Austin Powers 1- Stoooooooooooooooop! - YouTube[/ame]

Your rejoinder was dipshitty at best.

NOTHING in the phrase "Of the People By the People For the People" suggests (not even remotely) that the "purpose" of our Constitutionally limited Federal Government is to "solve" problems.

Furthermore, stupid, that phrase does not come from the Constitution anyway.

(The reasons we charted our own course, you ignorant dipstick, is precisely so that WE would be FREE to solve our OWN fucking problems.

Hmm. we doing goooood! shit... pills please..

The notion was that we OUGHT to be free to solve our own problems. How, from that factual assertion, you come to the conclusion that we are not doing so well -- is unclear.

But, sure. By all means. It does seem like you are overdue for your meds.

Just a little ping..exposed to these readings for years. Red highlight was just hahaha PROBLEMS! I am sorry.
I’m new here, just give me this one without working for it, Ok? But we are somewhat free, and working hard on it.
I feel some parts of all of this is truly simple. Again I’m learning….Took me like forever to find his place again. Just
a TWIT and always learning. And If you know of any pills that will help me better let me know right away and I will call the doctor.

Last edited:
I don't belong to any political party. If I'm going to be put into one party or another, I call myself a Democrat because I believe they have the right set of values socally; "Live and let live" is more or less my motto. On the fiscal side, I don't believe either major party is more right than wrong so my basis for identifying myself as a Democrat is almost 100% on the social side of the argument.

Ok.

But that still doesn't answer what difference it makes (or not) whether we an "identify" a sufficient number of alleged "RINOs."

I believe the Democratics have it largely wrong on the topic of social values. They are absolutely NOT "live and let live." They are opposed to it, in fact.

The President's re-election campaign motto should be the flip of the FoxNews motto. "We Decide. You Report (for duty)."

Who opposes gay marriage? The Republicans. I win.
Who opposes a woman's right to do what she wants with her body. The Republicans. I win again.

As for the question, about RINO's....if you can't figure out why it matters I've given you too much credit. If you were going to ask me who was the leading Catholic in the world, I'd start with the Pope then go down the list of his bishops and cardinals I guess. If you were going to ask me who the leading authorities on acting are, I would probably start with the Oscar winners who won for acting.

You know, the acknowledged leaders of their particular fields.

I would imagine that the leaders of the Republican party would be the ones who most typify the republican ideals. According to the responders, none of them do.

The question should be, "Why are they your leaders?" The fact that they are and a lot of republicans here seem to think they are RINOs should cause some concern inside of the party.

Thats all.

No. It's not all. And no. You don't win. You fail.

I am a conservative and I don't give a crap about gay marriage. I have a couple of lesbian friends who got married after NY State passed the law. I am happy for them. Their sexuality doesn't bother me in the slightest. I win.

I am a conservative and I don't oppose a woman's right to do as she pleases with her body. But the LAW recognizes -- and I do support -- some reasonable limits on that. Suicide is against he law. Assisting someone to commit suicide is against the law. The CHILD gets no say, but I support its right NOT to cavalierly permit the mother to snuff out its life for the purpose of mere convenience. I win.

I don't care how much credit YOU imagine I should be granted in YOUR estimation. But the fact is: identifying the RINOs is a silly sophomoric exercise. Sure, you think you're laying the groundwork for some grand argument. But you're not.

A RINO is any Republican who might as well be a Democratic -- judging by the particular politician's stances on the various issues.

I LEFT the GOP precisely because their so-called "leadership" doesn't adhere to the principles that used to distinguish Republicans from the modern day liberal Democratic.

Nonetheless, it remains completely true that ANY of the GOP candidates (possibly excluding Ron Paul) would deserve my vote over President Obama ANY day of the week. Even a tiny difference with that guy's policies could make a huge difference in the long run. This President is an unmitigated DISASTER and has to be voted out.

Last edited:
[/COLOR]

Hmm. we doing goooood! shit... pills please..

The notion was that we OUGHT to be free to solve our own problems. How, from that factual assertion, you come to the conclusion that we are not doing so well -- is unclear.

Just a little ping..exposed to these readings for years. Red highlight was just hahaha PROBLEMS! I am sorry.
I’m new here, just give me this one without working for it, Ok? But we are somewhat free, and working hard on it.
I feel some parts of all of this is truly simple. Again I’m learning….Took me like forever to find his place again. Just
a TWIT and always learning. And If you know of any pills that will help me better let me know right away and I will call the doctor.

Clarity of communication seems not to be your thing.

Are you, by any chance, not a person to whom the English language is the mother tongue?

Clarity of communication seems not to be your thing.

Are you, by any chance, not a person to whom the English language is the mother tongue?

Got it! Working on it Bossman! As I'm :cuckoo: Clear?

Their number one goal is to get the Black Man 'Magic Negro'" out of office. It the country goes down the tubes in the obstructionist process. So be it.

Forum List

Back