Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
by: Jeff Wartman

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

Also, those who don't want a (reputedly) benevolent nanny state aren't exhibiting any "rigid anti-gubmint philosophy"...The merely want public servants to stay in their box, where they belong.

Strawman fail.

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

You look like a fat pole-smoker.

So you opt to vote for a person that killed the XL pipeline denying thousands of jobs for Americans?

You opt for a person that passed legislation that forces you to purchase something you do not want?

You opt to vote for a person that promised a more transparent government but denied more FOIA request than Bush?

You opt to vote for a person that has added an addition 5 trillion dollars to our debt?

If that is indeed your choice then you are one misguided individual, on par with Rdean and TruthMatters.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Writer claims the biggest spending Presidents were Republicans when Obama has spent more than all other Presidents combined.

Writer is probably one of those Liberals who show up at rallies dressed in a 3 piece suit with a sign that says "I'm a Former Republican".

Me = Not fooled by fake, planted story.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Writer claims the biggest spending Presidents were Republicans when Obama has spent more than all other Presidents combined.

Writer is probably one of those Liberals who show up at rallies dressed in a 3 piece suit with a sign that says "I'm a Former Republican".

Fake, planted story? :lol:

I'm still technically an elected party official, kid.

You look like a fat pole-smoker.

Sounds like you have an inability to form a coherent thought. Par for the course.

We prefer intelligent, free thinking individuals, so your loss really won't concern us too much.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Do you have a link on Obama spending more than all the Presidents combined?

We prefer intelligent, free thinking individuals, so your loss really won't concern us too much.

True.

As a non-Republican, and non-Democrat, I do find it somewhat disconcerting that some half wit thinks their drama queen hissy fits are of any relevance to the rest of the country.

I could sub you the cash, if you can't afford to call someone who gives a shit.

I will be cancelling your vote.

Your article is replete with errors and lies. The Republicans have presented many solutions to the problems that plague the general public...only to find them stuck in committee in the Senate. The Republicans were shut out of discussions by Nancy Pelosi...recall her shutting off the microphones and lights?

The liberals, both Democrat and Republican are NOT acting in the best interest of the economy. They are most interested in maintaining their "right" to the votes of the moochers and welfare whores that continue to drag this country down.

Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.
Who is obstructing?!?!?!??....How many bills has the GOP caucus in the HoR passed that are languishing in the Senate, not even put on the calendar for consideration?

You, sir, are as big a liar as Fake Malarkey...And that's saying something.

Yeah right wartman, you were a what , a republican? Republicans are the party of rigid Ideology as in the ideology of global warming, abortion anti-religion and OWS anti-capitalism? Tale a hike warts. You aren't even smart enough to play the Alinsky game.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Do you have a link on Obama spending more than all the Presidents combined?

he added to the nationsal debt than Goerge Washington through Regan in his first 19 months.

Obama Added More to National Debt in First 19 Months Than All Presidents from Washington Through Reagan Combined, Says Gov

by March 15, 2012 Obama will have spent more in one term than any president has in two terms.

When Will Obama Outspend Bush’s Two Terms? Beware the Ides of March - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

james-brown-dwight-howard.jpg

Do you see the light?!

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Fake, planted story? :lol:

I'm still technically an elected party official, kid.

You're also a complete fucking tool. SON

I remember Jeff from back in the day here, he used to be one of the libertarians I respected.

This is a strange thread.

Forum List

Back