Why I'll never be a gay rights advocate

chrismac

Dec 19, 2008
The main problem I have with the whole idea of gay rights doesn't really have to do with any deep-seated hatred of gays. It's twofold: I really don't see gay people selflessly going to bat for other people and creating a national furor about the plights of other minorities but themselves, and I feel like the same people who want me to be all accepting and tolerant of gay people are the same ones who effectively want people to keep their religion in the closet.

I don't believe gay people have any "civil rights" complaints so much as they have complained and thrown "rights" around enough that enough people think they don't have any, but I would still support them in their political agenda if I felt like they were massively selfish hypocrites. All they care about are their issues (and please don't try to make analogies to blacks because that's no excuse) and I've heard more than a few gays who are generally bigoted towards religious people. I know some people will say, "well that's because they have been oppressed by them", but that's bullshit, because not every gay person has that testimony. Some definitely have experienced religious persecution, but there are plenty who use religion as a scapegoat because it's the "in" thing to do.

I'm sorry, but I see generally calling religious people stupid, crazy, insane whack-jobs as being as offensive as calling a gay person faggot, queer, homo, sissy, etc. The only difference is, it's fine to engage in thinly veiled religious intolerance, but even the notion of homophobia and some liberals lose their minds.

Fuck all this bullshit about acceptance, tolerance, and equality. If you want others to play nice, start with yourself.

The main problem I have with the whole idea of gay rights doesn't really have to do with any deep-seated hatred of gays. It's twofold: I really don't see gay people selflessly going to bat for other people and creating a national furor about the plights of other minorities but themselves, and I feel like the same people who want me to be all accepting and tolerant of gay people are the same ones who effectively want people to keep their religion in the closet.

I don't believe gay people have any "civil rights" complaints so much as they have complained and thrown "rights" around enough that enough people think they don't have any, but I would still support them in their political agenda if I felt like they were massively selfish hypocrites. All they care about are their issues (and please don't try to make analogies to blacks because that's no excuse) and I've heard more than a few gays who are generally bigoted towards religious people. I know some people will say, "well that's because they have been oppressed by them", but that's bullshit, because not every gay person has that testimony. Some definitely have experienced religious persecution, but there are plenty who use religion as a scapegoat because it's the "in" thing to do.

I'm sorry, but I see generally calling religious people stupid, crazy, insane whack-jobs as being as offensive as calling a gay person faggot, queer, homo, sissy, etc. The only difference is, it's fine to engage in thinly veiled religious intolerance, but even the notion of homophobia and some liberals lose their minds.

Fuck all this bullshit about acceptance, tolerance, and equality. If you want others to play nice, start with yourself.

Except that historically, gays have been tortured, mutilated, burned alive and beheaded by the religious.

Most of he time, ask the religious if they know any gays and most will say no.

Gays have historically been one of the greatest if not the greatest, you name it, musician, artist, scientist, dancer, actor, author and the religious, at least in this country, "breed".

The largest single group in the United States are white Christians. The majority of gays come from white Christians.

The largest minority group in the United States are the Hispanics.
The second largest group after the white Christians that turn out gays are the Hispanics.

The second largest minority group in the United States are the Blacks.
The third largest group after the whites and Hispanics that turn out gays are the blacks.

The third largest minority group in the US are the Asians.
The fourth largest group after the whites, Hispanics and blacks that turn out the gays are the Asians.

See a pattern?

A gay person can write a will. A first cousin can challenge that will in court and most of the time, they will win.

A gay person can live with another person for 40 years and if they go into the hospital or become incapacitated, they can be denied "visitation" simply because they are not "family".

I get sick of the religious picking on gays when they are so stupid and so blind at what they put gays through, not that they care. Of course, I have extreme indifference to the religious because I know that mysticism is nonsense. You have to be gullible to believe in that crap. But I'm not discriminatory, I feel that way about ALL religions. They disgust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
sad but true, all of the white gay obamaloonies that voted the pos into office, thought barry was down with them. haha. the christian blacks in cali overturned gay marriage rights, the day barry was elected. wake up gays, the dude is gay, but in the closet,he's not gonna do shit for you!!

The main problem I have with the whole idea of gay rights doesn't really have to do with any deep-seated hatred of gays. It's twofold: I really don't see gay people selflessly going to bat for other people and creating a national furor about the plights of other minorities but themselves,

You can't be serious.

You honestly believe that gay people are only taking up causes that are related to homosexuality?

Or do you expect someone to stand up and announce "I'm gay and I'm here to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina?"

Seriously, is that what you think gay people should do?

"Hello. I'd like to help the victims of the tsunami. And did you know that I'm gay? Isn't me being gay and helping you wonderful?"

thread fail....

gender gets a special protective class, race has a class.....but not those who are homosexual.....

:cuckoo:

sad but true, all of the white gay obamaloonies that voted the pos into office, thought barry was down with them. haha. the christian blacks in cali overturned gay marriage rights, the day barry was elected. wake up gays, the dude is gay, but in the closet,he's not gonna do shit for you!!

Actually, it was the Mormons pumping millions into a campaign against the gays. Yea, the Mormons who get married three and four at a time.

The Mormon Church Is Leading the Fight Against Gay Marriage in California | Sex and Relationships | AlterNet

Mormongate for 2009? The LDS (Mormon) Church and California's Proposition 8 - springfield legal services - backpage.com

When you think of all the things money could be spent on. Children, education, the poor, health. Instead, all these people want to spend money to make gays miserable. People they don't know, don't have any contact with, don't care about, people who don't care about them.

It's one of the most stupid, retarded, wasteful and pathetic things I can think of.

http://blog.purposedriven.com/bodyparts/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/CrystalCathedral.jpg

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~bigler/pictures/europe2002/italy/sistine chapel.jpg

http://www.cicsworld.org/blogs/jngant/909-Last-Supper-Large.jpg

I just think it's incredible that the greatest monuments to religion were created by gays. Whether it's the inside of the Sistine Chapel or the Crystal Cathedral in this country. Gays did it because the religious were too stupid.

I really don't see gay people selflessly going to bat for other people and creating a national furor about the plights of other minorities but themselves...

How do you know this?

Do you know for a fact that everyone who goes to bat for other minorities are all heterosexuals?

Except that historically, gays have been tortured, mutilated, burned alive and beheaded by the religious.

Prove there was ever some Golden Age of Gay Oppression where this happened. You get one chance, and if you come up with some bullshit where gays were just in the same boat as everyone else, you fail.

Most of he time, ask the religious if they know any gays and most will say no.

Wow, a dumbass generalized claim.

Gays have historically been one of the greatest if not the greatest, you name it, musician, artist, scientist, dancer, actor, author and the religious, at least in this country, "breed".

This has fuck-all to do with anything.

The largest single group in the United States are white Christians. The majority of gays come from white Christians.

So?

The largest minority group in the United States are the Hispanics.
The second largest group after the white Christians that turn out gays are the Hispanics.

There's no way to determine that except by asserting it as if it's true. Oh, and by the way, there are still more Blacks than Hispanics. Maybe not for much longer, but for now, you're wrong.

The second largest minority group in the United States are the Blacks.
The third largest group after the whites and Hispanics that turn out gays are the blacks.

What does this have to do with anything?

The third largest minority group in the US are the Asians.
The fourth largest group after the whites, Hispanics and blacks that turn out the gays are the Asians.

See a pattern?

Yes, I see a pattern of you giving me irrelevant information.

A gay person can write a will. A first cousin can challenge that will in court and most of the time, they will win.

Another bullshit speculative claim. People can't just arbitrarily overturn a legal document. I don't care what second-hand horror stories you come up with, no, they can't.

A gay person can live with another person for 40 years and if they go into the hospital or become incapacitated, they can be denied "visitation" simply because they are not "family".

First of all, all hospitals have visiting hours, and unless the person says they don't want to see you, chances are good the hospital is too busy with other sick people to be vindictive against a gay couple. Second, the only time a hospital would likely restrict access to a patient is based on doctor's orders if a patient can't entertain visitors. But it's never been as arbitrary as "oh, you're not family? Too bad!" Still, there are ways around this, but I'm sure you'll say that the hospital can arbitrarily ignore those legal documents, too.

I get sick of the religious picking on gays when they are so stupid and so blind at what they put gays through, not that they care. Of course, I have extreme indifference to the religious because I know that mysticism is nonsense. You have to be gullible to believe in that crap. But I'm not discriminatory, I feel that way about ALL religions. They disgust me.

Oh, OK. So now you see why I think people like you are full of shit and disgust me, right? Right? Because you're a stark raving lunatic hypocrite. I may think trying to develop a civil rights movement around the fact that some people like cunnilingus and ass fucking is stupid, but if I said that seriously and in public, people would think I was the biggest homophobe ever. But you get to call religion nonsense and you'd be treated as open-minded and logical.

Fuck off.

The main problem I have with the whole idea of gay rights doesn't really have to do with any deep-seated hatred of gays. It's twofold: I really don't see gay people selflessly going to bat for other people and creating a national furor about the plights of other minorities but themselves,

You can't be serious.

You honestly believe that gay people are only taking up causes that are related to homosexuality?

Or do you expect someone to stand up and announce "I'm gay and I'm here to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina?"

Seriously, is that what you think gay people should do?

"Hello. I'd like to help the victims of the tsunami. And did you know that I'm gay? Isn't me being gay and helping you wonderful?"

No, but there is a living gay community, and when Prop 8 passed, you got a good long look at them. They're out there and they're not afraid to rally. So, I'm saying, they should rally for causes other than their own. Gay individuals doing shit isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the community at large.

thread fail....

gender gets a special protective class, race has a class.....but not those who are homosexual.....

:cuckoo:

No, this would be a you fail. Ask yourself why race and gender are seen as different than sexual orientation. Think a little before calling someone else cuckoo. No, seriously. Try it. It's sexy.

I really don't see gay people selflessly going to bat for other people and creating a national furor about the plights of other minorities but themselves...

How do you know this?

Do you know for a fact that everyone who goes to bat for other minorities are all heterosexuals?

I'm relatively certain the gay community as a collective doesn't go to bat for anybody else's issues but their own. Because some gay individuals can see past their own political aims doesn't let the entire gay community off the hook for being self-centered.

How do you know this?

I'm relatively certain the gay community as a collective doesn't go to bat for anybody else's issues but their own. Because some gay individuals can see past their own political aims doesn't let the entire gay community off the hook for being self-centered.

Your relative certainty is relatively stupid.... like you.

How do you know this?

Your relative certainty is relatively stupid.... like you.

Nary an explanation...just a bunch of shit talking. Go fuck yourself.

Prove there was ever some Golden Age of Gay Oppression where this happened. You get one chance, and if you come up with some bullshit where gays were just in the same boat as everyone else, you fail.

Wow, a dumbass generalized claim.

This has fuck-all to do with anything.

So?

There's no way to determine that except by asserting it as if it's true. Oh, and by the way, there are still more Blacks than Hispanics. Maybe not for much longer, but for now, you're wrong.

What does this have to do with anything?

Yes, I see a pattern of you giving me irrelevant information.

Another bullshit speculative claim. People can't just arbitrarily overturn a legal document. I don't care what second-hand horror stories you come up with, no, they can't.

First of all, all hospitals have visiting hours, and unless the person says they don't want to see you, chances are good the hospital is too busy with other sick people to be vindictive against a gay couple. Second, the only time a hospital would likely restrict access to a patient is based on doctor's orders if a patient can't entertain visitors. But it's never been as arbitrary as "oh, you're not family? Too bad!" Still, there are ways around this, but I'm sure you'll say that the hospital can arbitrarily ignore those legal documents, too.

Oh, OK. So now you see why I think people like you are full of shit and disgust me, right? Right? Because you're a stark raving lunatic hypocrite. I may think trying to develop a civil rights movement around the fact that some people like cunnilingus and ass fucking is stupid, but if I said that seriously and in public, people would think I was the biggest homophobe ever. But you get to call religion nonsense and you'd be treated as open-minded and logical.

Fuck off.

Wow, just one ignorant thing after another and then you end with an expletive. Why isn't that a surprise.

I have to say, this one cracked me up the most:

Another bullshit speculative claim. People can't just arbitrarily overturn a legal document.

That's just too funny. Do you live in the land of "milk and cookies"?

You might want to check this out Einstein:

Hispanics Now Largest U.S. Minority - CBS News

Let's deal briefly with antigay capital punishment in the western world. Even Renaissance Venice wasn't free from this taint, as it burnt 'sodomites' at the stake from the fourteenth century onward.

The history of anti-gay torture | NAC

You are bi. Both a "wipe" and a "stain".

Forum List

Back