Why ignore Kavanaugh's disregard for the Constitution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RodISHI, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,205
    You weren’t? Your statement that he “ignores the Constitution” is pretty general.

2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,041
    Perhaps you did not read the whole original post. I'll repeat this part for you. ...
    In all his authored Fourth Amendment opinions, Judge Kavanaugh has sided with government surveillance and police search without any exception, even when serious privacy violations exist. This disregard for Americans' privacy is a threat to our democracy and treasured civil liberties. It could also jeopardize the important privacy protections established by the Supreme Court's Fourth Amendment precedents.
    ...." more at link EPIC

3. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,509
    What handout? Security?

Stop and think about this. TSA is NOT a violation of the right to privacy. You do NOT have a right to fly.

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,041
    Yet you are saying it seems that TSA is working for the airlines. what gives them that right to have tax supported employees they can dictate policy to? I am merely going by what you said as you claim that the airlines have that right. I agree they do have the right to determine policies that affect their business but they need to pay for those policies not the right to demand others pay for them (support them with tax dollar services)...

I very seldom have ever use air services and after the last trip won't ever again if I can help it.

5. beautress

beautress Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +515
    I found a report that as of 2012, which I know was six years ago, the Patriot Act was responsible for dismantling 50 acts of terror against the USA, including taking out of Osama bin Laden in 2011, 10 years after his orchestration of 9/11/2001 when he took out the twin towers of the WTC and the part of the Pentagon. I would be in favor of allowing the authorities to do what had to be done in order to successfully protect America from another unwanted attack by anyone who had a yen to destroy the lives of not only the 2700 innocent people who were murdered by terrorists that day, but the several hundreds of Firefighters, Police, and other first responders in those tragic events. So if Kavanaugh favored expediting removing terror threats and threats to masses of American citizens by hostile groups, he deserves kudos and not condemnations from scholars who have their heads up their butts when it comes to fighting criminals engaged in terrorist activities where the rubber hits the road. If you have a family member who is an officer of the law, his opinion, if heeded, could save some very important first responders. Here's the article I just located on the Patriot Act's results, even if it is a little old: Fifty Terror Plots Foiled Since 9/11: The Homegrown Threat and the Long War on Terrorism

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,509
    That is your choice and the most effective way to fight back. I also think that the airlines should be reimbursing the taxpayers for this level of security.

However, if you say that we should not have that level of security, then you have to agree to absolve the airlines of any responsibility to the passengers in the case of an attack.

7. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,445
    LOCK HER UP! :rolleyes:

8. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,041
    If a person flies on an airline then aren't they taking that risk and any other risk that comes along with flying willingly? I do not have an issue with informed consent.

9. Doc1

Doc1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,287
    He's a Bushie, he probably helped the Patriot Act.

10. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,649
    Kavanaugh was barely going to get confirmed even before the whole Ford debacle. I would’ve loved barret-Cohen, but that might’ve been a bridge too far for the GOP Sen in purple states ahead of an election. I’m more worried about google getting bed with government in the near future than I am about NSA data collection. Google actually influences

• Informative Informative x 1