Why I won't vote.

:eusa_think:

We all vote, even if you do not officially cast your ballot you are still sending a message, a vote to your country. When a person does not vote that one individual citizen does not participate with the electoral process. As with any other voter, what would happen if no one voted. Our democracy would end. Democracy by it's very nature needs the participation of the people, with out that there is no democracy. When one does not cast a vote it does not mean that that voter still does not influence the election as much as any other voter. It still counts, as a vote against democracy and a vote for what ever thug want to try to rule.

Informed voters who care are the backbone of the electorate. Voters who take their time, read the issues, study the candidates and decide the faith of the nation are the one who are going to lead this nation to a higher brighter place. Those who vote out of hate, anger or ignorance will get what they vote for. When casting a vote one is becoming engaged with the people of the nation. There are several ways to approach one voting but the important thing is that voting brings about engagement, and once engaged a voter can start to learn what it mean to be a citizen of a democracy. It is only through voting that a person can learn this, and this process takes years to get a handle on.

The importance of voting - by Kevin J. Putnam - Helium

Adults that bend over and have an ass tatoo that says: "insert propoganda here?"

Hey, have at it. I'll stay out of your way. You continue fighting back and forth between right and left whilst actual Governing is not affected by said fake fight.

ooooooh, ouch!

And maybe while you're busy not voting a little quality time devoted to your GED perhaps?

Your insults don't mean anything to me, don't waste your time man.

Duly noted. And nice tatoo (sic) too.

:eusa_think:

We all vote, even if you do not officially cast your ballot you are still sending a message, a vote to your country. When a person does not vote that one individual citizen does not participate with the electoral process. As with any other voter, what would happen if no one voted. Our democracy would end. Democracy by it's very nature needs the participation of the people, with out that there is no democracy. When one does not cast a vote it does not mean that that voter still does not influence the election as much as any other voter. It still counts, as a vote against democracy and a vote for what ever thug want to try to rule.

Informed voters who care are the backbone of the electorate. Voters who take their time, read the issues, study the candidates and decide the faith of the nation are the one who are going to lead this nation to a higher brighter place. Those who vote out of hate, anger or ignorance will get what they vote for. When casting a vote one is becoming engaged with the people of the nation. There are several ways to approach one voting but the important thing is that voting brings about engagement, and once engaged a voter can start to learn what it mean to be a citizen of a democracy. It is only through voting that a person can learn this, and this process takes years to get a handle on.

The importance of voting - by Kevin J. Putnam - Helium

My whole point is that there is no Democracy, already. The winners of elections are subsequently bought off by the same people (the ones actually running things).

Last edited:
And for the record, lol, I don't think 9/11 was an inside job.......I do believe we landed on the moon and uh...I'm pretty dang certain Obama was born in Hawaii.

I won't vote because I feel that our Politicians are corrupted, or once in office, corruptable.

They are empty suits employing the Agenda of some back-room force, and despite the guise of their idealogical differences in public.....I think that they all play for the same team.

I'm only talking Federal and State, I'll still vote for Local.

To hell with the Federal Reserve. IRS. Wallstreet. National Banks.

They are your evil masters, America. You're voting for them, either way.

Of course it didn’t. Not a single Congressional or gubernatorial election will be decided by one vote. In fact, in any election that involves thousands of voters, as in a Congressional election, the odds of your one vote making a difference are basically equal to zero.
My fellow bloggers here on LRC have noted that one is more likely to die on the way to the polls than it is for one’s vote to be the deciding factor. This gives far too much credit to the odds of your vote making a difference. The odds of dying in a car crash on the way to the polls are relatively high. So we should note that one is more likely to be hit by a meteor or mauled to death by an ocelot that recently escaped from the zoo than is one likely to cast the deciding vote.
Elections aren’t decided by “counting all the votes” anyway. If an election is close, the deciding factor will be a series of lawsuits that will decide which votes are counted. A judge will decide which votes are valid and which are not. And then his decision will be appealed. The 2000 presidential election should have been enough to disabuse anyone of the idea that elections come down to single votes.
Sure, some tiny local elections will come down to a single vote, but no major election will.
Sometimes, a pro-voting email makes the rounds listing all the times that one vote makes a difference. Most of these examples are in fact inaccurate, but all of them miss the point. All of them note votes taken in legislative bodies. No one denies that one vote can make a difference in a legislature of 500 people. Of course that kind of vote makes a difference. Your one vote among tens of thousands, on the other hand, will definitely not make a difference.
~Ryan McMakin

People choosing not to engage in the process is part of the problem.

In 2008 of the 231,229,580 eligible voters only 132,618,580 bothered to engage.

That is a disappointing 56.8% turn out.

National Voter Turnout in Federal Elections: 1960?2008 — Infoplease.com

I disagree. I think the problem of them not voting stems from them not seeing anything different "anyways," despite the way elections go. I think you've got it backwards.

It's more like people don't vote because voting seems to end with the same results, despite election winners.

I won't vote because I feel that our Politicians are corrupted, or once in office, corruptable.

They are empty suits employing the Agenda of some back-room force, and despite the guise of their idealogical differences in public.....I think that they all play for the same team.

I'm only talking Federal and State, I'll still vote for Local.

To hell with the Federal Reserve. IRS. Wallstreet. National Banks.

They are your evil masters, America. You're voting for them, either way.

Good for you. Just stay out of the way of the adults on election days.

Adults that bend over and have an ass tatoo that says: "insert propoganda here?"

Hey, have at it. I'll stay out of your way. You continue fighting back and forth between right and left whilst actual Governing is not affected by said fake fight.

So what's your solution?

Last edited:
Good for you. Just stay out of the way of the adults on election days.

So what's your solution?

For one, I don't fantasize that I have one.

I a world where money rules and population is in the Billions, one guy from Troy, NY isn't going to do too much. Even Celebrities TRY and they effect change to a certain expent............but not really.

I disagree. I think the problem of them not voting stems from them not seeing anything different "anyways," despite the way elections go. I think you've got it backwards.

It's more like people don't vote because voting seems to end with the same results, despite election winners.

You look like a real fighter in your avatar but you sound like a weakling who is willing to just roll over and give up. You have to fight for what you believe in if you ever hope to effect change..Not voting does nothing but make it worse, IMO.

Believe me, I understand not wanting to vote for either candidate but you could always show up and write in ANYTHING just to demonstrate your presence in the process and next time you might find a more palatable choice on the ballot. Letting them know they can count on you not showing up, gives what little power you have away to the powers that you rail against...

I just looked it up...A whopping 65,182,692 people voted for Obama.

Which helps my case.

He had powerful rhetoric about being an outsider and changing the way Washington works........

then he started looking shady, making back-room deals like...(maybe he HAS to).........

hence, his once passionate supporters are a bit dispassioned.

You look like a real fighter in your avatar but you sound like a weakling who is willing to just roll over and give up. You have to fight for what you believe in if you ever hope to effect change..Not voting does nothing but make it worse, IMO.

Believe me, I understand not wanting to vote for either candidate but you could always show up and write in ANYTHING just to demonstrate your presence in the process and next time you might find a more palatable choice on the ballot. Letting them know they can count on you not showing up, gives what little power you have away to the powers that you rail against...

I've never given up, this is simply not a fight that I'm involved in.

I fight for family, friends. Not world peace or Corrupt Governments.

Maybe I'll do a write in though. I'll vote for some person in my life that I feel is not corruptable by Dough.

G.T.

One person can make a difference. It may be you, it may not. It may be someone you influence to make a difference, and it may not.
I dislike hearing young people copping a total surrender monkey attitude.

In your case, I would vote for independents and outsiders, if they run in those elections you boycott.
In my view, the US needs to reform and restrict 'fundraisers' and donations to political parties around the subject of elections.
I asked this question in another thread a while ago, but did not receive an answer. I asked, if the political parties do not receive financial state from the government budget...

In most other democracies, elections are financed by the political party and the political party receives money from the government budget. This way, there exists an equivalent conditions for the political parties (how much the political parties receive from budget is regulated different from country to country).

G.T.

One person can make a difference. It may be you, it may not. It may be someone you influence to make a difference, and it may not.
I dislike hearing young people copping a total surrender monkey attitude.

Define difference, and what it means within the realm of this topic, and we can have a discussion.

In your case, I would vote for independents and outsiders, if they run in those elections you boycott.
In my view, the US needs to reform and restrict 'fundraisers' and donations to political parties around the subject of elections.
I asked this question in another thread a while ago, but did not receive an answer. I asked, if the political parties do not receive financial state from the government budget...

In most other democracies, elections are financed by the political party and the political party receives money from the government budget. This way, there exists an equivalent conditions for the political parties (how much the political parties receive from budget is regulated different from country to country).

I like this 2nd paragraph.

How can boy genius from down the street, who may have the most profound ideas for our Nation...........

beat someone who's a part of a machine that gives you almost unlimited cash for your campaign?

When campaign dough to an extent sways an election, you have to know.........something is fucked up.

Forum List

Back