May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Why I want to move:

$195k home near Atlanta GA:

480E9996-C307-4085-A392-ED5A95616238.JPG

$245K home near Seattle, WA:

DDDC6C66-C6D6-4CA4-9882-0FE34584B359.JPG

(sigh)

I wouldn't, Atlanta's pretty lame. I've never been to Seattle, but Atlanta's very overcrowded and I hear stuff's real expensive there (food, clothes, etc.).

Plus, I've been told there's a lot of non-whites there, if that's a deal-breaker for ya.

Dan said:
I wouldn't, Atlanta's pretty lame. I've never been to Seattle, but Atlanta's very overcrowded and I hear stuff's real expensive there (food, clothes, etc.).

Plus, I've been told there's a lot of non-whites there, if that's a deal-breaker for ya.

It's not like South Carolina is the Idaho of the south ;)

Fort McPherson is the place of employment - IF I get a job I applied for today...

50:1 odds, I'd say :(

My son-in-law is a JAG officer at Fort McPherson. They just bought a home in Chamblee. It is a beautiful home on a one-acre lot and cost about half what their home in San Jose, CA had cost. The home in San Jose had hardly any yard with it and was small. They affectionately called it their cracker box. My daughter is thinking of applying for a financial job at Fort McPherson. She still works for Intel and makes trips to California once a month for work.

when we were doin dish network installs in macon ga, there were alot of nice houses there for sure! but one thing i found out though... watching movies you see those houses on the side of the road that lool like hovels... well its for real. and most of them were really nasty. now im not opposed to getting dirty crawling around inder a house, but those mutated crikets freaked me out!!! not to mention those nasty little spiders, snakes, and the all mighty monsters; fire ants. those little fuckers hurt!

I'm not sure about GA, but the weirdest thing about SC is that you will see a beautiful $150K+ house sitting right next to a crap-hole trailer. You see it all over the place, I guess it balances out cost of living pretty well.

Dan said:
I'm not sure about GA, but the weirdest thing about SC is that you will see a beautiful $150K+ house sitting right next to a crap-hole trailer. You see it all over the place, I guess it balances out cost of living pretty well.
i think, from what i seen anyway, inthe macon area they were kind split up. i mean they were basically right next to each other, but they were like subdivisions, one was really nice next to the shit holes next to it.

Shit...I can't wait to move to Cali. Not for prices though, simply tired of rain. I can deal with snow and sun, screw the rain though.

Atl looks like a deal though, but there’s always a catch. Watch it's next to the local waste disposal center... :poop:

Forum List

Back