CDZ Why I used to be keen on Mr. Trump and why today I am not

The only thing I like about Trump is that he has both the main parties kind of freaking out. THAT is a good thing. The "establishment" fears him. Perhaps because he can't be "bought"? It's hilarious how upset they are about him beating out their "chosen" candidates and now the dems are fearing he might be out the Hill bag. :D Lol. I respect that.

Red:
I think the thing(s) to like about Trump have to do with what he's accomplished rather than with Trump himself. I like that he's highlighted that there exists a large quantity of folks who are genuinely disgusted with the existing state of politics and how the political process happens.

I think that is good, for those people need to and deserve to be heard, even if all of their ideas, sentiments and desires do not deserve to be expressed and/or implemented in U.S. public policy. Indeed, some of their ideas, like those aired by that quack butler and the white supremacists, deserve to be heard only so that we know how populous they are and can, knowing that, develop effective means of marginalizing them.

There is also a significant thing to dislike about what Trump has done to the campaign process that is well worth not wanting to see happen to the actual process of governance. What he's done is make a mockery of the truth by rarely telling it. Additionally, he's made the campaign process one wherein insults and exploiting what voters don't actually know (be it through no real fault of their own or not) and by pandering to their specious suspicions. Yes, eventually even his supporters will figure out they've been duped. The trouble is that many of them are so dissatisfied at the moment that they may not come to their senses and critically examine Trump's comments until after they've put is lying ass in the White House. Well, then it's too late.

Moreover, there's plenty more not to like about Trump the man.
  • The outright lying about his own actions, actions he admitted to or demonstrated in the past, and lying about what he owns. There just isn't any reason to lie about those things other than to "steal" headlines and keep the press saying negative things about him, which tends to in turn make the ignoramuses among supporters (far too large a share of his supporters, IMO) like him all the more for the most absurd of reasons. Two examples:
  • The outright lying about points of fact. (Just two examples are below.)

Foreign Policy/International Relations
    • Trump: "I got to know [Putin] very well because we were both on 60 Minutes, we were stablemates and we did very well that night." (from the 4th GOP debate)
      • Point of fact: The two men appeared on the same show, but their respective segments/comments were taped separately, Trump in his NY offices and Putin thousands of miles away in Moscow.
    • Trump: The TPP "was designed for China to come in, as they always do, through the back door and totally take advantage of everyone,” and currency manipulation “is not even discussed." He claimed that China would be the big winner if the Obama administration’s huge Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal is allowed to move forward. (from the 4th GOP debate)
  • The flexibility before he's actually gotten the nomination or won the general election. So far Trump's stuck to his "build the wall" claim. I would not put it past him, however, to build a three foot wall somewhere and tell us that he's kept his promise. That's the substance of what he's done with his "ban the Muslims" call that has become a suggestion.

You'll recall his express words were "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Now, he's trying to say it was just a suggestion. Well, I bid you look at the definition of the verb "call." You will not find one "flavor" of that word's meaning that denotes or connotes suggestion, that is, a "slight indication." I doubt that anyone is going to say that we have "figured out what is going on."
As go the outright lies, there're more of them. One need only look for them. Yes, some of the things that are claimed to be lies seem only thinly so, but far more are clearly untrue. And here's the thing: The man lies about all sorts of things for which it's not a matter of there being "shades of gray." Nobody in their right mind lies about the kinds of things Trump does, which over and over again are simple points of fact that are easily determined.

Who does that? Children do because they don't realize grown ups will check or know better than they. People with Alzheimer's Disease/dementia do because they don't realize that they are doing it. Pathological liars do because they can't help themselves. Other than those groups, I can't think of folks who lie with the frequency or about the things that Trump does.

Trump simply does not realize that while lots of voters were born at night, they weren't born last night.​

Blue:
I don't think freaking out the people who currently lead the U.S. is a good thing. Serving a "wake up call" is a good thing. Freaking them out is almost certainly not a good thing.

Green:
Well, that whole "can't be bought" mantra is over. He's now seeking donations, big ones. That "self-funding" thing is just another of his "things" that's gone the way of the dodo.

And this makes him different from the other clowns in the circus how exactly? Lol. You are obviously a partisan, posing as an independent/moderate.

The only thing I like about Trump is that he has both the main parties kind of freaking out. THAT is a good thing. The "establishment" fears him. Perhaps because he can't be "bought"? It's hilarious how upset they are about him beating out their "chosen" candidates and now the dems are fearing he might be out the Hill bag. :D Lol. I respect that.

Red:
I think the thing(s) to like about Trump have to do with what he's accomplished rather than with Trump himself. I like that he's highlighted that there exists a large quantity of folks who are genuinely disgusted with the existing state of politics and how the political process happens.

I think that is good, for those people need to and deserve to be heard, even if all of their ideas, sentiments and desires do not deserve to be expressed and/or implemented in U.S. public policy. Indeed, some of their ideas, like those aired by that quack butler and the white supremacists, deserve to be heard only so that we know how populous they are and can, knowing that, develop effective means of marginalizing them.

There is also a significant thing to dislike about what Trump has done to the campaign process that is well worth not wanting to see happen to the actual process of governance. What he's done is make a mockery of the truth by rarely telling it. Additionally, he's made the campaign process one wherein insults and exploiting what voters don't actually know (be it through no real fault of their own or not) and by pandering to their specious suspicions. Yes, eventually even his supporters will figure out they've been duped. The trouble is that many of them are so dissatisfied at the moment that they may not come to their senses and critically examine Trump's comments until after they've put is lying ass in the White House. Well, then it's too late.

• The outright lying about his own actions, actions he admitted to or demonstrated in the past, and lying about what he owns. There just isn't any reason to lie about those things other than to "steal" headlines and keep the press saying negative things about him, which tends to in turn make the ignoramuses among supporters (far too large a share of his supporters, IMO) like him all the more for the most absurd of reasons. Two examples:

• Trump: "I got to know [Putin] very well because we were both on 60 Minutes, we were stablemates and we did very well that night." (from the 4th GOP debate)
      • Point of fact: The two men appeared on the same show, but their respective segments/comments were taped separately, Trump in his NY offices and Putin thousands of miles away in Moscow.
    • Trump: The TPP "was designed for China to come in, as they always do, through the back door and totally take advantage of everyone,” and currency manipulation “is not even discussed." He claimed that China would be the big winner if the Obama administration’s huge Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal is allowed to move forward. (from the 4th GOP debate)
  • The flexibility before he's actually gotten the nomination or won the general election. So far Trump's stuck to his "build the wall" claim. I would not put it past him, however, to build a three foot wall somewhere and tell us that he's kept his promise. That's the substance of what he's done with his "ban the Muslims" call that has become a suggestion.

You'll recall his express words were "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Now, he's trying to say it was just a suggestion. Well, I bid you look at the definition of the verb "call." You will not find one "flavor" of that word's meaning that denotes or connotes suggestion, that is, a "slight indication." I doubt that anyone is going to say that we have "figured out what is going on."
As go the outright lies, there're more of them. One need only look for them. Yes, some of the things that are claimed to be lies seem only thinly so, but far more are clearly untrue. And here's the thing: The man lies about all sorts of things for which it's not a matter of there being "shades of gray." Nobody in their right mind lies about the kinds of things Trump does, which over and over again are simple points of fact that are easily determined.

Who does that? Children do because they don't realize grown ups will check or know better than they. People with Alzheimer's Disease/dementia do because they don't realize that they are doing it. Pathological liars do because they can't help themselves. Other than those groups, I can't think of folks who lie with the frequency or about the things that Trump does.

Trump simply does not realize that while lots of voters were born at night, they weren't born last night.​

Blue:
I don't think freaking out the people who currently lead the U.S. is a good thing. Serving a "wake up call" is a good thing. Freaking them out is almost certainly not a good thing.

Green:
Well, that whole "can't be bought" mantra is over. He's now seeking donations, big ones. That "self-funding" thing is just another of his "things" that's gone the way of the dodo.

I am anti-immigration, BTW. You want to end up like Sweden or France? Is that what you really want? Think about it. Do some REAL research into what is happening in those countries instead of being a partisan hack if you want to be taken seriously.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

And this makes him different from the other clowns in the circus how exactly? Lol. You are obviously a partisan, posing as an independent/moderate.

You're kidding, right? Did you actually read what I wrote and check the links, or did you just scan through the post?

What makes Trump different from every other politician currently alive is that he lies and prevaricates on an unprecedented scale. Nobody even comes close.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

You're kidding, right? Did you actually read what I wrote and check the links, or did you just scan through the post?

What makes Trump different from every other politician currently alive is that he lies and prevaricates on an unprecedented scale. Nobody even comes close.

All of your blustering about how Trump lies? Yeah, I read it. Like I said, what makes this clown any different from the other clowns? Answer please.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

I am anti-immigration, BTW. You want to end up like Sweden or France? Is that what you really want? Think about it. Do some REAL research into what is happening in those countries instead of being a partisan hack if you want to be taken seriously.

Look, you keep asking rhetorical questions and making empty statements. Why don't you try presenting a cogent argument with objective, credible and unbiased links and documentation to make your point to skeptical readers. That's what I do for for the vast majority of my posts.

Blue:
I don't care what's going on in Sweden or France. I don't because the nation in which I vote is the U.S. What Sweden and France do may be thematically similar to what what the U.S. does or doesn't do. To implement a given theme does not mean we need to do so in precisely the same way they do.

Red:
You are anti-immigration. Well, you can be as can others. Perhaps you are largely of Native American ancestry and have roots that trace back thousands of years? I'm don't. My ancestors immigrated to the colonies in the 1690s. So, but for immigration, I wouldn't be a U.S. citizen. I wouldn't even be on this side of the Atlantic by all accounts. I suspect the same is so for Donald Trump, whose ancestors came to America in 1885.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Look, you keep asking rhetorical questions and making empty statements. Why don't you try presenting a cogent argument with objective, credible and unbiased links and documentation to make your point to skeptical readers. That's what I do for for the vast majority of my posts.

Blue:
I don't care what's going on in Sweden or France. I don't because the nation in which I vote is the U.S. What Sweden and France do may be thematically similar to what what the U.S. does or doesn't do. To implement a given theme does not mean we need to do so in precisely the same way they do.

Red:
You are anti-immigration. Well, you can be as can others. Perhaps you are largely of Native American ancestry and have roots that trace back thousands of years? I'm don't. My ancestors immigrated to the colonies in the 1690s. So, but for immigration, I wouldn't be a U.S. citizen. I wouldn't even be on this side of the Atlantic by all accounts. I suspect the same is so for Donald Trump, whose ancestors came to America in 1885.

Why don't you answer my question. What makes Trump any different or any worse than any of the other politicians? Now this is the THIRD time I've asked, and you are still avoiding giving me an answer. That is not a rhetorical question.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Blue:

Red:

Your native Americans comment? Ridiculous. This is 2016. Get with the times.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Blue:

Red:

Since you didn't suss the point I was making, we really don't need to keep interacting.

Red:

Blue:

Green:

Blue:

Red:

Since you didn't suss the point I was making, we really don't need to keep interacting.

IOW, you don't have an answer, do you? I asked you a question first. You are the one refusing to answer this simple question. Thank you for outing yourself as a partisan.

Forum List

Back