Why I think all my political bitching doesn't amount to crap.

dvord said:
Archangel... While the 'powers that be' have a concept of a New World Order, I think many people in the world have another concept.

There's a concept that race trancends all color, religion, creed, etc. We are the human race, and as a race we shouldn't be divided between political, social and theological borders. Imagine what the human race could accomplish fighting each other when instead we could spend the time building something great for ourselves. Study our world, fight disease and hunger, travel the stars, repair our planet, etc..

We have probably 4-5 generations before the world as a whole could embrace that idea, but dividers and conquerors like our administration and that of other industrialized nations seek to undermine humanity coming together for any common goal other than the wealth of the few and the exploitation of the weak (World Trade Organization).

If anything, the concept of global human unity has been hurt by these economic exploits and have the capacity to set back the realization of this by twice as many generations. We already know that at our current rate of planet destruction, it might not last half that time.

I suppose it sounds entirely too warm and fuzzy for most of the warmongers in the world at this point, but I think too many people sit around thinking "why am I here?" rather than "why are WE here?" I think once people begin to realize we are greater with the sum of our parts, this concept might be more welcome.

I only go to movies and watch programs such as "Star Wars" and "Battle Star Galactica" for entertainment value...the real world is no where near assimilation...not for many many generations...ya just can't force such issues without dier consequencies... :usa: all the way!

dvord said:
Said1: When I said:

I've just started to consider something else to think about other than politics.

I meant that I'm getting wore out. It seems to me that every single day we, as Americans, are being bled dry of our rights, our future, and our liberty. I can't even keep track of every single thing, all the facts behind them and so forth. The worst part is that nobody seems to care. I was certain that Americans would only put up with so much before running into the streets, but it's beginning to appear I was wrong.

I'm becoming content with the idea of avoiding talking about any of this stuff, thus avoiding thinking about it because it's just too painful. I was a very patriotic soldier during Desert Storm. Now that I've had the time to research and learn the truth about so much, I'm saddened that even I was duped by the same manipulators that continue to engineer the ruin of America.

So, it might be fun to avoid it all for about a year and see where things are before deciding on where I'll be moving. This isn't the country I was born in, nor the country I helped defend, nor is it the country I read about and learned to love when I was a child. I won't support warmongering, I won't support exploiting the poor, and I won't support making people in my own country hate each other.

Probably more than ya wanted to know, but it feels good to get it into words.

So you're just gonna put your head in the sand and leave? I'm from a long line of political activists (with whom I rarely agree with) and I feel confident when I shake my finger at you in their honor.
nono.gif

There are tons of things you can do at a local level if you feel that strongly about things.

Yes, and I spent a long time reading over the writings of Thomas Paine who described in painful detail how horrible it was, but how rewarding being part of a revolution was. This encouraged me quite a bit!

What I've come to realize is that there are people in this country who will never listen. There are people who listen, and understand completely, yet they refuse to do anything because they would rather go with "the devil we know". There are people who are quick to stand up and join you, but as soon as the rain starts, they head for their cars.

12 years ago, I took up a sign and marched against the Oregon's Citizens Alliance in my hometown when they brought in supporters of anti-gay legislation (because no supporters were to be found in the town). I marched alone against 300 people for 3 days. My best friend joined me, and some lawyer who heard about it on NPR drove up and walked with me one day. That's it. That was 12 years ago. Fewer people now than ever give a rats a$$. As long as they can pay the bills and get the cable tv they aren't going to stand up except to pee.

If that's all the value they place on their own freedom, then I am not one of them. I'm tired of my countrymen giving away what our ancestors fought for with thier own blood. It makes me sick that the media machine can elect anyone they are paid to.

I'll be ready to surrender my citizenship after a year has gone by. I might still write a bit and you can damn sure bet I'll continue writing my representatives (I do at least 2-3 times a month). If during that year, people start to come around, I'll get my head out of the sand and redouble my efforts. I sure hope they do 'cause I really do love what America used to stand for.

dvord said:
Yes, and I spent a long time reading over the writings of Thomas Paine who described in painful detail how horrible it was, but how rewarding being part of a revolution was. This encouraged me quite a bit!

What I've come to realize is that there are people in this country who will never listen. There are people who listen, and understand completely, yet they refuse to do anything because they would rather go with "the devil we know". There are people who are quick to stand up and join you, but as soon as the rain starts, they head for their cars.

12 years ago, I took up a sign and marched against the Oregon's Citizens Alliance in my hometown when they brought in supporters of anti-gay legislation (because no supporters were to be found in the town). I marched alone against 300 people for 3 days. My best friend joined me, and some lawyer who heard about it on NPR drove up and walked with me one day. That's it. That was 12 years ago. Fewer people now than ever give a rats a$$. As long as they can pay the bills and get the cable tv they aren't going to stand up except to pee.

If that's all the value they place on their own freedom, then I am not one of them. I'm tired of my countrymen giving away what our ancestors fought for with thier own blood. It makes me sick that the media machine can elect anyone they are paid to.

I'll be ready to surrender my citizenship after a year has gone by. I might still write a bit and you can damn sure bet I'll continue writing my representatives (I do at least 2-3 times a month). If during that year, people start to come around, I'll get my head out of the sand and redouble my efforts. I sure hope they do 'cause I really do love what America used to stand for.

Where you are comming from...you are a one issue protestor...supporting the gay agenda...geez talk with Nakedemperor...this is his cause also! I am worried about the decline of our countries moral values and you just care about playing with your pee pee in the tee pee!...how shallow you are!

dvord said:

I don't know you, but I will say,you don't sound like someone who could cut it as an activist. Many go it alone everyday against far worse then you have on your one try. It takes a long time to plan and organize, and you can't build a reputation that will attract others to your cause if you give up after your first attempt. Trust me, if there is one thing I know something about, it's protesting and social activism.

archangel said:
Where you are comming from...you are a one issue protestor...supporting the gay agenda...geez talk with Nakedemperor...this is his cause also! I am worried about the decline of our countries moral values and you just care about playing with your pee pee in the tee pee!...how shallow you are!

That's the second time you've said pee pee and tee pee in the same sentence today. Everything ok? :tng:

gop_jeff said:
dvord, welcome to the board. While I'm sure that our politics are different, I would advise that the Left can mobilize for a cause just as well as the Right, given the right leadership. I would also advise that everyone's participation in the political process makes the process a better one.

I would add just make sure what you are fighting for is a worthy one, and not that your being used as a pawn for something else.

Said1 said:
That's the second time you've said pee pee and tee pee in the same sentence today. Everything ok? :tng:

Everything is just fine...the cliche' on two different threads deserved the sarcasim...in my opinion anyway! and everything okay up North? :rolleyes:

dvord - is your life so miserable right now? Is this country so awful that you dread every morning that you wake up and step outside?

Tell us about YOU - not your thoughts.

Education, profession, up-bringing, etc.

I am extremely curious about how you have become the way you are today.

archangel said:
Everything is just fine...the cliche' on two different threads deserved the sarcasim...in my opinion anyway! and everything okay up North? :rolleyes:

Yes, everything is fine up here, thanks. Oh, and I suppose it's safe to assume the rolleyes emoticom is looking up north, not actually rolling it's eyes, at moi, right?

Said1 said:
Yes, everything is fine up here, thanks. Oh, and I suppose it's safe to assume the rolleyes emoticom is looking up north, not actually rolling it's eyes, at moi, right?

Ya can't help it you were born up North...still love ya' humor and keeping me in my place....lol :tng:

archangel said:
Ya can't help it you were born up North...still love ya' humor and keeping me in my place....lol :tng:

Well thanks, although I'm not sure if you checked my profile or not, but I'm actually 44 year old male with a 12" braided foomanchu. :tng:

Said1 said:
Well thanks, although I'm not sure if you checked my profile or not, but I'm actually 44 year old male with a 12" braided foomanchu. :tng:

I don't make it a habit of checking profiles...guess I had better in the future..

On it right now...even though you may have deceived us your sense of humor is still funny! :crutch:

dvord said:
Here's what I'm seeing right now. Consider that I have a pretty limited worldview, and I'm afraid that's intentional. Like so many others, we have to balance doing the task at hand against its success. My liberty is lessened. To get it back, I must do more than write; I must march, I must protest, and I must be a civil disobedient. I have to compare those actions against their chances of success. What better measure than finding those who are doing that now, which has less to lose by doing it than I do? There is effectively nobody. Nobody is addressing the problems of this country as a whole; therefore I refuse to give my blood in vain.
quote reduced by moderator to reduce length of post

Congratulations grasshopper !!---You may have come to the point where can begin a spiritual journey that transcends all the demi-demons you have been jousting. Don't be down-hearted. Many have had to see failure on one road before they were ready to take the next.

Said1 said:

nothing in your profile suggesting you are a male...the avatar is all I can relate too! Thanks alot if you are serious...I suppose I was blind sided...lol :cof:

archangel said:
nothing in your profile suggesting you are a male...the avatar is all I can relate too! Thanks alot if you are serious...I suppose I was blind sisded...lol :cof:

No, I'm not serious. Had you going though, right? :D

Said1 said:
No, I'm not serious. Had you going though, right? :D

Very good you are better than my grandaughter...she gets to me from time to time...ya had me thinking about seeing a shrink...for the first time in my life...lol...just kidding! gotcha! :)

Dvord: The key difference between the Right's ability to organize and the Left's is one simple thing: Religion, and more importantly, Christianity. The Left can't claim a theology in which to form the basis of support.

The Left CAN claim a "theology" but it doesn't. It wouldn't sit too well with even the majority of God-fearing Democrats, so the Left must hide their "god", camoflauge their intentions, and attempt to squash Christianity wherever they can.

Said1: Thanks, I didn't think I had activist in me, personally. I think the key part of a good activist I lack is an undying determination. I can get bogged down in details too easily and get overwhelmed.

Bonnie: That's another of my worries, although if I second-guess everything, I'll never get anywhere. "Let them dig their own grave" is something I've heard said of protests before, and I'm afraid that they usually do just that.

Godzoom: Hehe no live as a whole is not so miserable. Just my outlook on our country. About me? Let me summarize, it's late; first in my father's family to get a HS diploma and volunteer for an enlistment in the army. As a result, I'm a veteran of Desert Storm. Started a family, settled down, worked in the IT field for the last 15 years. Worked for small business and Fortune 100 companies. I have been married for 18 years, my son is 12. Only one child. My folks were Reagan conservatives. I was also until Desert Storm, and I got a taste of what politics can wreak upon military. I still have many conservative leanings, I can be best described as a Goldwater Republican. I identify strongest with Libertarians, and I believe the two party system has become corrupt.

Dilloduck: funny you should say that, "spiritual journey" because a great deal of that is playing a part in all this pondering and such.

ScreamingEagle: Well actually they can't. Like I said, THE only theology which is accepted in America is Christianity and the Right has that covered. What you describe as "squash"ing can also be perceived as "defending against". It's purely a matter of perspective. Theology has no place in politics, and shows as a sign of weakness in matters of state. When a political party can't muster the intellect, creative idealism, and legitimacy it needs to be effective, there's always religion to back them up. You can't hit a guy with glasses, and you can't vote against a guy with a bible in his hands.

dvord said:
Said1: Thanks, I didn't think I had activist in me, personally. I think the key part of a good activist I lack is an undying determination. I can get bogged down in details too easily and get overwhelmed.

Fair enough, I suppose. But you can't seperate yourselves from those who's efforts amount to zero, since there are things you can do aside from leading or giving up or bitching.

Forum List

Back