CDZ Why I support whomever. . .

Re my Primary and General Election vote, in 2016:

• I voted for the person.

• I voted against the other person.

• I voted based on party affiliation.

• I voted for the issues promoted by Trump.

• I voted for the issues promoted by another Republican.

• I voted for the issues promoted by Clinton.

• I voted for the issues promoted by Sanders

• I voted for the issues promoted by Johnson

• I voted for the issues promoted by Stein

• Other and I will explain in my post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any President who claims he can pardon himself is saying he can rape your wife and get away with it.

Trump claims he has the power to self-pardon.

Is that what the framers intended? I doubt it.

Those who support this pervert are supporting someone who thinks he has dictatorial powers.

That is simply a fact.

Any President who claims he can pardon himself is saying he can rape your wife and get away with it.

Those who support this pervert are supporting someone who thinks he has dictatorial powers.

That is simply a fact.

Anybody who focuses on their own and tries to gin up hatred in others for a person while ignoring all the good that person is doing for all of us is pretty sad.

That is simply a fact.

Anybody who focuses on their own and tries to gin up hatred in others for a person while ignoring all the good that person is doing for all of us is pretty sad.

Focuses on their own?

The man said he could pardon himself. That means he could rape you or someone in your family and then set himself free—or at least believes he can.

And your answer is something along the lines of “Well, I am getting an extra $22 in my paycheck so it’s all good”? I’m sorry but such a stance is clinically insane.

That is simply a fact.

Focuses on their own?

The man said he could pardon himself. That means he could rape you or someone in your family and then set himself free—or at least believes he can.

And your answer is something along the lines of “Well, I am getting an extra $22 in my paycheck so it’s all good”? I’m sorry but such a stance is clinically insane.

You just keep on reinforcing my previous post. I'll stand by it.

That is simply a fact.

Focuses on their own?

You just keep on reinforcing my previous post. I'll stand by it.

As nonsensical as it is; I’m not surprised. The support of a wanna-be dictator would not be the hallmark of a patriot as ours is a Republic but it would be, rather the hallmark of a cheap party-based or ideological hack.

NOTICE: This is the CDZ so please keep this civil.

After visiting numerous political message boards, watching a LOT of news on various television channels, reading a LOT of commentary from all sides on the political spectrum, and after a LOT of face to face discussions, it seems obvious to me that Trump supporters and those who voted for Hillary or somebody else are just wired differently. And I wonder if it is possible to discuss that without bringing Hillary and Trump or anybody else into it personally? See the question posed at the bottom of the OP.

Among many Issues with widely differing views between Trump supports and Clinton and/or other supporters:

It is a given that Hillary supporters were mostly okay with the existing tax code and size of government and supported higher taxes especially on the rich and/or big business to effect social change and they argue that it is patriotic to pay taxes. Trump supporters mostly believe in smaller government, less regulation, and lower taxes and that people will spend their money more wisely and effectively themselves than the government will spend it for them.

It is a given that Trump supporters are most likely to want conservatives or constitutional originalists on the Supreme Court and in the court system generally while Hillary supporters are most likely to want progressives/leftists on the Supreme Court and in the court system generally.

Also. . .
--the wall--Trump supporters mostly for; Clinton supporters mostly oppose.
--more federal money for welfare and programs--Trump supporters mostly oppose; Clinton supporters mostly support
--racial and gender inequality--far more Clinton supports say this is a serious problem than do Trump supporters.
--parenting--far more Trump supporters say it is important for children to have a mom and dad in the home than do Clinton supporters.
--terrorism--far more Trump supporters want stronger protections than do Clinton supporters.
--free trade--far more Trump supporters support efforts to correct trade imbalances than do Clinton supporters.
--illegal immigration--more Clinton supporters say undocumented immigrants are hard working people who commit no more crimes than the general population than do Trump supporters make that argument. Clinton supporters favor amnesty for all and open borders far more than Trump supporters do.
6 charts that show where Clinton and Trump supporters differ

A recent article in "Christianity Today" suggests that evangelicals supported Hillary more than Trump until recently when Hillary supporters are abandoning evangelicalism.
Study: Clinton Voters Much More Likely to Leave Evangelicalism than Trump Voters

But maybe this is also telling: From a recent "Washington Secrets" column:
Not sure what it means, but Emerson College polling reveals that Trump supporters more than those who backed Hillary Rodham Clinton believe space aliens have visited Earth. Overall, 31 percent believe aliens have landed, but among voters for President Trump, it is 38 percent to Clinton’s 25 percent. [/lndent]
More predictions that Trump White House chief John Kelly is leaving

And those who voted or supported somebody other than Trump or Clinton generally fall into one of those camps when it comes to the issues. And yes, there are many other issues we could have included.
QUESTION: Without discussing President Trump or Hillary Clinton (or Bernie Sanders or Gary Johnson or Jill Stein) personally, was your vote strictly against somebody else? Or did you vote along party lines? Or did your vote and current support represent your opinions and/or deepest convictions, and/or hopes?

What is most important to you re the State of the Union at this time? What do you want the policy or direction to be?
I voted the way I did because of that vacant Supreme Court seat Presidents come and go control of Congress will go back and fourth but a Supreme Court Justice will be in that seat as long as they want to be and their rulings will have a far lasting impact on the nation.

NOTICE: This is the CDZ so please keep this civil.

After visiting numerous political message boards, watching a LOT of news on various television channels, reading a LOT of commentary from all sides on the political spectrum, and after a LOT of face to face discussions, it seems obvious to me that Trump supporters and those who voted for Hillary or somebody else are just wired differently. And I wonder if it is possible to discuss that without bringing Hillary and Trump or anybody else into it personally? See the question posed at the bottom of the OP.

Among many Issues with widely differing views between Trump supports and Clinton and/or other supporters:

It is a given that Hillary supporters were mostly okay with the existing tax code and size of government and supported higher taxes especially on the rich and/or big business to effect social change and they argue that it is patriotic to pay taxes. Trump supporters mostly believe in smaller government, less regulation, and lower taxes and that people will spend their money more wisely and effectively themselves than the government will spend it for them.

It is a given that Trump supporters are most likely to want conservatives or constitutional originalists on the Supreme Court and in the court system generally while Hillary supporters are most likely to want progressives/leftists on the Supreme Court and in the court system generally.

Also. . .
--the wall--Trump supporters mostly for; Clinton supporters mostly oppose.
--more federal money for welfare and programs--Trump supporters mostly oppose; Clinton supporters mostly support
--racial and gender inequality--far more Clinton supports say this is a serious problem than do Trump supporters.
--parenting--far more Trump supporters say it is important for children to have a mom and dad in the home than do Clinton supporters.
--terrorism--far more Trump supporters want stronger protections than do Clinton supporters.
--free trade--far more Trump supporters support efforts to correct trade imbalances than do Clinton supporters.
--illegal immigration--more Clinton supporters say undocumented immigrants are hard working people who commit no more crimes than the general population than do Trump supporters make that argument. Clinton supporters favor amnesty for all and open borders far more than Trump supporters do.
6 charts that show where Clinton and Trump supporters differ

A recent article in "Christianity Today" suggests that evangelicals supported Hillary more than Trump until recently when Hillary supporters are abandoning evangelicalism.
Study: Clinton Voters Much More Likely to Leave Evangelicalism than Trump Voters

But maybe this is also telling: From a recent "Washington Secrets" column:
Not sure what it means, but Emerson College polling reveals that Trump supporters more than those who backed Hillary Rodham Clinton believe space aliens have visited Earth. Overall, 31 percent believe aliens have landed, but among voters for President Trump, it is 38 percent to Clinton’s 25 percent. [/lndent]
More predictions that Trump White House chief John Kelly is leaving

And those who voted or supported somebody other than Trump or Clinton generally fall into one of those camps when it comes to the issues. And yes, there are many other issues we could have included.
QUESTION: Without discussing President Trump or Hillary Clinton (or Bernie Sanders or Gary Johnson or Jill Stein) personally, was your vote strictly against somebody else? Or did you vote along party lines? Or did your vote and current support represent your opinions and/or deepest convictions, and/or hopes?

What is most important to you re the State of the Union at this time? What do you want the policy or direction to be?
I voted the way I did because of that vacant Supreme Court seat Presidents come and go control of Congress will go back and fourth but a Supreme Court Justice will be in that seat as long as they want to be and their rulings will have a far lasting impact on the nation.

That was a significant factor in my vote as well.

Forum List

Back