Why I support Mitt Romney for President

While I do not 'support' Romney for President... I certainly do feel he would be better than Obamalama... by how much would be debatable...

I support a more conservative approach to governance than Romney is bringing to the table

Well, vote for him or give Obama 4 more. Your choice.

I don't think my vote in MD is going to make any difference.. there is no chance Romney carries the state

When I did my preliminary scorecard... believe it or not, Johnson more closely aligned with my stances... even with me SEVERELY disagreeing on his drug policy

So I will probably, as of this point, be casting my vote for him... if there is more change, or if things change... we will see at that point if I would change my vote

Now... if I were in a swing state, I would seriously consider voting for the lesser of 2 evils again, I.E. voting for Romney.. .but that is not the case for me.. and i think a statement vote towards a lesser candidate with many more conservative stances, could send more of a message to the GOP than just simply voting for Romney because he has the REP nomination

That's a good point. I'm in Illinois so my vote doesn't matter either. Might as well toss in a vote for Johnson, or Mickey Mouse or someone.

If i was in a swing state, i'd definitely be voting for Romney. What's so great about him? Not a whole lot, but he's the lesser of two evils for sure. Someone who understands the business world is much needed in the government which is otherwise stuffed with lawyers.

I think making gay marriage your number one reason for supporting or opposing a candidate speaks volumes about you.

There are much bigger issues facing our country and more dangers emanating from Obama than the "threat" of two men in love filing a joint tax return.

Degrading the status of a "family" is the first step down a long, dark road..

Take away defining marriage as between a man and woman.. What's stopping a man and three women? Or a man and his pet? Or anything..? As long as it's "love"..

You could give the GLBT community EVERY thing in the book that they're asking for, but call it something other than marriage.. They wouldn't accept it.

So yes, protecting marriage is my #1 priority.. Because I think it has an effect on everything else.

I know.. I'm a crazy right wing fanatic, right??

I knew it. You're not voting for Mitt Romney, you're voting against Obama.

None of Mitt's supports can say why they're voting for him without mentioning Obama.

Yea well, get used to it. There's going to be a lot of those this election season.

I think making gay marriage your number one reason for supporting or opposing a candidate speaks volumes about you.

There are much bigger issues facing our country and more dangers emanating from Obama than the "threat" of two men in love filing a joint tax return.

Take away defining marriage as between a man and woman.. What's stopping a man and three women? Or a man and his pet? Or anything..? As long as it's "love"..

You could give the GLBT community EVERY thing in the book that they're asking for, but call it something other than marriage.. They wouldn't accept it.

So yes, protecting marriage is my #1 priority.. Because I think it has an effect on everything else.

Most of the work to protect marriage is going to have to occur in the homes of families making marriage work. Little is going to change through government.

I definitely think you've got a point. You could blame plenty of America's ills right now (crime, education, entitlement mentality), at least in part, on the erosion of the family.

Most of the work to protect marriage is going to have to occur in the homes of families making marriage work. Little is going to change through government.

I agree, but we need to stop as much as we can.

While I do not 'support' Romney for President... I certainly do feel he would be better than Obamalama... by how much would be debatable...

I support a more conservative approach to governance than Romney is bringing to the table

Well, vote for him or give Obama 4 more. Your choice.

A vote for Romney gives the neo-cons new life and wall street four more years to rape our planet and plunder our economy.

A vote for obammy invigorates the OWS parasites to demand that regular people pay even more to support the laziness of you parasites.

Whats love got to do with it?

In response to a thread I saw about no one talking of their support for Mitt Romney and only trashing Obama - Here ya go:

I, like so many, bought into Obama's rhetoric and lofty promises of Hope and Change in 2008. Although I disagreed with him on so many key issues, I thought it was a new era, a new time, a new political arena, and I thought he was going to be the one to get America on track. Man was I wrong.

4 years later, I see that his tenure as President has been nothing but a failure. I'm not someone that believes he is just crumbling America because he hates America, rather I think he's tried everything he thinks will work.. and it isn't. As Romney said, "he's out of ideas, and out of time."

I think he's tried his social experiment on America, and I believe it's failed. From Obamacare, to supporting gay marriage and no longer defending the law of the land (DOMA), and to supporting government funded abortions - he has to go.

His economic policies have obviously failed as well. Unemployment still sky high.. Gas prices still skyrocketing.. America lost it's AAA credit rating.. What's next?!

Now that I've made the case against Barack Obama (as an ex-supporter.. yes, it's amazing what four years of Obama can do to someone).. Allow me to make the case for Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney - Businessman, Religious leader, Governor.. Why is he the right choice to beat Obama? While I admit that Mitt Romney wasn't my first choice, he is my 100% choice now. Here's why - listed in importance to me..

#1. He's for defending our laws and upholding marriage as an institution between a man and a woman (DOMA).
#2. He's for protecting innocent life by repealing Roe V. Wade and letting the states decide abortion laws.. and he's also for cutting ANY government funding that goes to killing innocent life.
#3. He doesn't want to cut our military at such a volatile time.
#4. He's a businessman. We need someone that knows a thing or two about running something and how to get businesses doing business again.
#5. He'll be a strong ally of Israel.. and may even make a couple trips over there.. (ahem, Obama, ahem..)
#6. He's for repealing Obamacare and letting the states decide their own health care laws, like he did in Mass.
#7. He'll protect the second amendment and won't tour the world making apologies for America.

Just my top 7.. I know he isn't perfect.. but when we compare him to Obama.. There's no contest.. :eusa_whistle:

Romney 2012!

I was never an Obama supporter, but I had voted for Democrats in the past, and I was actually, for a short while there, listening to what he was saying back in 2008. His rhetoric was post-partisan, post-racial, and he was promising to "change the way Washington does business". I liked that. I really wanted to believe it. And I remember watching one of his speeches one night and if the vote had been in the next 15 minutes afterward, I'd have toddled off and pulled the lever for him. But the vote wasn't in the next 15 minutes, so instead I toddled to my computer and ordered his books, which I read a week later when they arrived amidst all the other articles and TV news segments I could lay my hands on.

What I found was that he was a complete con artist who had never even held a REAL job to speak of. He was, as his detractors branded him, an empty suit... and one with what I suspect are substantial abandonment issues. Still, I feel ya. It was a really good con job and one had to dig pretty thoroughly through the weeds to see him clearly.

Anyway... what I really like about Romney is that he doesn't have all that angst and emotional baggage. He's not an ideologue. He gets along well with other people. He's got a proven record of financial success both in his personal life and his business career. And if he can take a bunch of corporations with all their separate divisions and put the right people in place, make the right managerial decision to deliver an 80% success rate.. hey, let's turn THAT loose on our bloated and redundant federal government. When you've got a brain tumor, you don't go to a plumber, you go to a brain surgeon. When we've got an economic mess that needs cleaned up, we need to be going to the guy who does that for a living... and does it well. ;)

Last edited:
The whole 1st half of your post has nothing to do with Mitt, and even while praising him you still couldn't help but take jabs at Obama.

All part of comparing and contrasting. I admit that he may not have been the best pick of the field, but he's by far the best pick of the field now.

In your opinion!:tongue: I didn't support Obama after what he did to Hillary and for other reasons but since this women's rights thing blew up a few months back, I've decided that I won't vote for Mitt who will very possibly go along with a Republican Congress in walking laws back (see all the republican controlled states that have done this). I'm not willing to that that chance. The economy is important but I don't think Mitt can accomplish what he says he can. No president has really been that successful with perhaps the exception of Bill Clinton who also had the advantage of being president during the big tech bubble. Obama failed in any significant way. Mitt will fail in any significant way.

#1. He's for defending our laws and upholding marriage as an institution between a man and a woman (DOMA). Ok Doma is unconstutinal, what it does is make gay/bi/lesbian/tstv people second class, just as black where a generation before. Now do I think the "church" needs to preform something that is not their belief, NO. But that is not what is being talked about here. There are MANY LEGAL aspects of being married. so it is NOT allowing people life, liberty and the presuit of hapyness. I can list the legal jargan if you wish.

#2. He's for protecting innocent life by repealing Roe V. Wade and letting the states decide abortion laws.. and he's also for cutting ANY government funding that goes to killing innocent life. Ok here we go. if your aim is LIMIT abortions having women have access to services is the the best and only way. also Roe Vs Wade has been the law of the land for 40 years. So in once point you made you said that obama is rewriting the laws, but here you are advocating for the same thing, are you not? Also allowing for "states rights" that is arguing for a time of the past that is LONG gone, thank god! Also can you please tell me where "we will be publically funding abortion" I would really like to see this. also since you have made the arguement about constitution. well if you take away the womens right to choose, should we then look at things like gun rights? you can call for the removal on one constitunial right while saying another can go, thats why its a RIGHT. its not up to the public to deside, you know?

#3. He doesn't want to cut our military at such a volatile time. So you say you like the military, that we need to keep is strong robust and one of the most expensive things % of gdp, well I am glad to see that you support a socalized program that is vol. by def. that what it is. it is funded 100% by public money.

#4. He's a businessman. We need someone that knows a thing or two about running something and how to get businesses doing business again. I dare to touch this one. also romney if you look at his time running the state of mass. his "jobs" and unemployment is or was VERY bad. also you need to look at how he ran his bus.

#5. He'll be a strong ally of Israel.. and may even make a couple trips over there.. (ahem, Obama, ahem..)lol anyone who has been there, well tell you that a 2 state solution is the ONLY one that has a chance of working. Mittens does NOT support that.

#6. He's for repealing Obamacare and letting the states decide their own health care laws, like he did in Mass. so your telling me you support "Regan care/mittencare" but you dont support Obamacare. How about this take a look at swedens healthcare system. Also Obamacare unlike people on here like to claim, is NOT social medicine. so your telling me he is for repealing his own healthcare system, that does not make sence. he is playing to the 20% minority on this one. Also Health care and access to healthcare is RIGHT, once people start to see this, mittens and the repubs wanting to repeal this are a dinosaur

#7. He'll protect the second amendment and won't tour the world making apologies for America.
Back to the point I made earlier. RIGHTS are RIGHTS. so even after a record number of murders by guys this year and mass shootings, if you take away the RIGHT to healthcare, womens health, then you can not make the case for your gun RIGHTS, lol RIGHTS are not a buffet where you pick and choose what is convient to you.

The whole 1st half of your post has nothing to do with Mitt, and even while praising him you still couldn't help but take jabs at Obama.

All part of comparing and contrasting. I admit that he may not have been the best pick of the field, but he's by far the best pick of the field now.

In your opinion!:tongue: I didn't support Obama after what he did to Hillary and for other reasons but since this women's rights thing blew up a few months back, I've decided that I won't vote for Mitt who will very possibly go along with a Republican Congress in walking laws back (see all the republican controlled states that have done this). I'm not willing to that that chance. The economy is important but I don't think Mitt can accomplish what he says he can. No president has really been that successful with perhaps the exception of Bill Clinton who also had the advantage of being president during the big tech bubble. Obama failed in any significant way. Mitt will fail in any significant way.

Well, one can hardly claim to be free when Catholics can't be forced to pay for birth control and abortions, right? :eusa_whistle:

I see no significant diffrence between an Obama presidency and a Romney one, however Im glad to see a positive thread instead of the constant negitive ones.

You're inability to see a difference really doesnt effect the ability of the rest of us to.

*shrug* thats you're preception.

If I cared enough I could find a video clip of Romney saying exactly what I want to hear, on every important political issue there is.

The man is, whatever you want him to be. Just this week he came out agaisnt the boyscouts policy to not allow gay boys to participate. I may not think the best of Obama but at least I'm 100% certain what I'm getting with him, and I know he will have a republican majority in congress to balance him. Romney is someone I would vote for as governor, as he is a moderate republican who's polices always reflected his constitutes no matter if they followed party lines or not. As it stands, I will be voting Johnson, and won't be really disappointed with whoever comes out on top in November.

I see no significant diffrence between an Obama presidency and a Romney one, however Im glad to see a positive thread instead of the constant negitive ones.

You're inability to see a difference really doesnt effect the ability of the rest of us to.

If I cared enough I could find a video clip of Romney saying exactly what I want to hear, on every important political issue there is.

The man is, whatever you want him to be. Just this week he came out agaisnt the boyscouts policy to not allow gay boys to participate. I may not think the best of Obama but at least I'm 100% certain what I'm getting with him, and I know he will have a republican majority in congress to balance him. Romney is someone I would vote for as governor, as he is a moderate republican who's polices always reflected his constitutes no matter if they followed party lines or not. As it stands, I will be voting Johnson, and won't be really disappointed with whoever comes out on top in November.

Has Obama stopped the rising of the seas or paid for your mortgage?

Well, one can hardly claim to be free when Catholics can't be forced to pay for birth control and abortions, right? :eusa_whistle:

who ever said this country was free?

You've seen nothing yet. You give the guy four lame-duck years with no political accountability and 2-3 more bites at the Supreme Court apple and this country won't be recognizable inside a decade. I honestly believe that if it looks like he's going to win, we'll see another crash of the stock market, another round of layoffs and bank failures like we saw in 2008. And this time, we've got NOTHING to staunch the blood with. We won't be talking "recession", we'll be talking "depression".

In response to a thread I saw about no one talking of their support for Mitt Romney and only trashing Obama - Here ya go:

I, like so many, bought into Obama's rhetoric and lofty promises of Hope and Change in 2008. Although I disagreed with him on so many key issues, I thought it was a new era, a new time, a new political arena, and I thought he was going to be the one to get America on track. Man was I wrong.

4 years later, I see that his tenure as President has been nothing but a failure. I'm not someone that believes he is just crumbling America because he hates America, rather I think he's tried everything he thinks will work.. and it isn't. As Romney said, "he's out of ideas, and out of time."

I think he's tried his social experiment on America, and I believe it's failed. From Obamacare, to supporting gay marriage and no longer defending the law of the land (DOMA), and to supporting government funded abortions - he has to go.

His economic policies have obviously failed as well. Unemployment still sky high.. Gas prices still skyrocketing.. America lost it's AAA credit rating.. What's next?!

Now that I've made the case against Barack Obama (as an ex-supporter.. yes, it's amazing what four years of Obama can do to someone).. Allow me to make the case for Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney - Businessman, Religious leader, Governor.. Why is he the right choice to beat Obama? While I admit that Mitt Romney wasn't my first choice, he is my 100% choice now. Here's why - listed in importance to me..

#1. He's for defending our laws and upholding marriage as an institution between a man and a woman (DOMA).
#2. He's for protecting innocent life by repealing Roe V. Wade and letting the states decide abortion laws.. and he's also for cutting ANY government funding that goes to killing innocent life.
#3. He doesn't want to cut our military at such a volatile time.
#4. He's a businessman. We need someone that knows a thing or two about running something and how to get businesses doing business again.
#5. He'll be a strong ally of Israel.. and may even make a couple trips over there.. (ahem, Obama, ahem..)
#6. He's for repealing Obamacare and letting the states decide their own health care laws, like he did in Mass.

Just my top 7.. I know he isn't perfect.. but when we compare him to Obama.. There's no contest.. :eusa_whistle:

Romney 2012!

Good post. He has flip flopped on at least 2 of the points you mentioend above. About "repealing Obamacare" and replacing it with what he did in MA...that doesn't make much sense.

But if you cite those as reasons to vote FOR the Governor, you should; as much as I cite some of those as reasons not to. I do urge you to vote for republicans in all of the federal elections though; give your guy something to work with.

He changed his mind on abortion.. What else?

I'm all for changing your mind.. If it's for the better. If Obama came out today and said.. Hey, we're gonna defend DOMA.. And I now believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.. I'd.. :clap2:

He's already said he'd keep some aspects of the ACA, for one.

Are you sure he won't change his mind again, "for the worse"? He has flipped on so many topics that it is a valid question.

WhichMitt: On Being Conservative... - YouTube

Which Mitt? | Get To Know Mitt Romney

He even flipped on the tax records.

#1. He's for defending our laws and upholding marriage as an institution between a man and a woman (DOMA). Ok Doma is unconstutinal, what it does is make gay/bi/lesbian/tstv people second class, just as black where a generation before. Now do I think the "church" needs to preform something that is not their belief, NO. But that is not what is being talked about here. There are MANY LEGAL aspects of being married. so it is NOT allowing people life, liberty and the presuit of hapyness. I can list the legal jargan if you wish.

#2. He's for protecting innocent life by repealing Roe V. Wade and letting the states decide abortion laws.. and he's also for cutting ANY government funding that goes to killing innocent life. Ok here we go. if your aim is LIMIT abortions having women have access to services is the the best and only way. also Roe Vs Wade has been the law of the land for 40 years. So in once point you made you said that obama is rewriting the laws, but here you are advocating for the same thing, are you not? Also allowing for "states rights" that is arguing for a time of the past that is LONG gone, thank god! Also can you please tell me where "we will be publically funding abortion" I would really like to see this. also since you have made the arguement about constitution. well if you take away the womens right to choose, should we then look at things like gun rights? you can call for the removal on one constitunial right while saying another can go, thats why its a RIGHT. its not up to the public to deside, you know?

#3. He doesn't want to cut our military at such a volatile time. So you say you like the military, that we need to keep is strong robust and one of the most expensive things % of gdp, well I am glad to see that you support a socalized program that is vol. by def. that what it is. it is funded 100% by public money.

#4. He's a businessman. We need someone that knows a thing or two about running something and how to get businesses doing business again. I dare to touch this one. also romney if you look at his time running the state of mass. his "jobs" and unemployment is or was VERY bad. also you need to look at how he ran his bus.

#5. He'll be a strong ally of Israel.. and may even make a couple trips over there.. (ahem, Obama, ahem..)lol anyone who has been there, well tell you that a 2 state solution is the ONLY one that has a chance of working. Mittens does NOT support that.

#6. He's for repealing Obamacare and letting the states decide their own health care laws, like he did in Mass. so your telling me you support "Regan care/mittencare" but you dont support Obamacare. How about this take a look at swedens healthcare system. Also Obamacare unlike people on here like to claim, is NOT social medicine. so your telling me he is for repealing his own healthcare system, that does not make sence. he is playing to the 20% minority on this one. Also Health care and access to healthcare is RIGHT, once people start to see this, mittens and the repubs wanting to repeal this are a dinosaur

Back to the point I made earlier. RIGHTS are RIGHTS. so even after a record number of murders by guys this year and mass shootings, if you take away the RIGHT to healthcare, womens health, then you can not make the case for your gun RIGHTS, lol RIGHTS are not a buffet where you pick and choose what is convient to you.

Outstanding takedown.

However, Conservadude has layed out his case for whom he wishes to cast his vote. He's not "just" saying, "Bwak..anyone but Obama." I disagree with his analysis but I can respect that.

You've seen nothing yet. You give the guy four lame-duck years with no political accountability and 2-3 more bites at the Supreme Court apple and this country won't be recognizable inside a decade. I honestly believe that if it looks like he's going to win, we'll see another crash of the stock market, another round of layoffs and bank failures like we saw in 2008. And this time, we've got NOTHING to staunch the blood with. We won't be talking "recession", we'll be talking "depression".

I don't buy the doom and gloom economy. I think, for the most part, it will stay the same no matter who POTUS is.

Romney has already said he is repealing/keeping the ACA :rolleyes:

As for the Supreme Court, roe v wade will never be repealed, just like a liberal majority will never limit gun rights. And as we've seen recently, judges don't always vote party lines.

Romney is a God fearing, honest, responsible, righteous and kind man. A good husband, a good father, a succesful businessman. And what has surprised me is that even with the left scrutinizing his whole life in search of something to acuse him, they couldn't find anything substantial. That is very telling. If he gets elected, I'm pretty convinced he will be a great president.

What about Obama? Though I don't think he's a downright evil man, he's certainly too extreme in his convictions. And as we could see in this campaign, he's willing to do anything to get reelected. That's why his attacks on Romney are so vicious and dishonest, and that is very telling too. (And it has something to do with him being so extreme in his convictions).

All of what I'm saying is pretty clear to a sensible, reasonable person. If Obama gets reelected, it's a clear sign that the US is no longer the country it used to be.

Forum List

Back