Why I support Marriage Equality

thats horshit, gays are not attracted to/nor love an opposite sex partner. your argument is horse shit my friend

I believe gays and lesbians should be treated the same as heterosexuals. I believe that anything less then marriage is treating gays and lesbians as seperate but equal. I believe gays and lesbians should enjoy every benefit over 1,000 legal benefits and protections that straight people get when they get married.

I dont believe in half equality, or 75% eqaulity, I believe in full 100% equality for gays in the workplace, in marriage, hate crimes protection and others

While I don't really care about the gay marriage issue, I do get tired of the discimination argument. Gays and lesbians are treated EXACTLY like heterosexuals in regards to current marriage laws. Heterosexuals are only allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex as well. Marriage laws say NOTHING about love. If what you're wanting is to allow gays and lesbians to be treated differently from heteros, then just say so. Stop the false , "Gays are being disciminated against "crap.

Who gives a good goddamn who or what they're attracted to? Just as the law doesn't mention love, it also doesn't mention attraction, so babbling on about it is just blowing smoke up everyone's ass and avoiding the issue.

While I don't really care about the gay marriage issue, I do get tired of the discimination argument. Gays and lesbians are treated EXACTLY like heterosexuals in regards to current marriage laws. Heterosexuals are only allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex as well. Marriage laws say NOTHING about love. If what you're wanting is to allow gays and lesbians to be treated differently from heteros, then just say so. Stop the false , "Gays are being disciminated against "crap.

And blacks were treated exactly the same as Whites during the slave days. All rich, white, landed gentry had certain rights and powers. That law was applied to everyone :rolleyes:

Oh, they had the right to marry people their own color, too- but SCOTUS already called bullshit on that

Blacks and whites were treated the same during the slave days? Really? You must have had a different history text than I did because mine read that blacks were not considered equal and suffered true discrimination compared to other men and women. SCOTUS did indeed correctly call bullshit on color as a factor in marriage. People are equal no matter what their color under the current marriage laws. Until the laws factor love into the equation, then discrimination is the wrong argument for gay marriage.

Ever hear of free blacks? They existed, and they got treated exactly the same as women and poor white people, which is to say that none of them could vote or hold office. I believe that's the point he was trying to make.

Forum List

Back