Why I should vote for Obama

If Romney gets his way, my wife and I will be unemployed. Conservatives hate public science and they hate legal services for homeless people.

ncbhfs.jpg

go ahead and vote for it. there's always welfare and food stamps

did you also post a list of Obama contributors? That was the last and most glaring example. You know that hitting on those that will vote for Romney, it will be one less vote Obama needs to come up with. We aren't blind, ya know.

You sure?

... Romney claims to be different and offer change but I swear I have heard that line before... Besides, with campaign donations like these (a list quite similar to Obama's) Romney will have a lot of corporations he owes favors to:

Last edited:
did you also post a list of Obama contributors? That was the last and most glaring example. You know that hitting on those that will vote for Romney, it will be one less vote Obama needs to come up with. We aren't blind, ya know.

You sure?

... Romney claims to be different and offer change but I swear I have heard that line before... Besides, with campaign donations like these (a list quite similar to Obama's) Romney will have a lot of corporations he owes favors to:

Thank you. The part I italicized could also be taken as a critique of Obama.

I work for NASA. Its well known the GOP does not care for public service and now they have mobilized the uninformed FOX news crowd. An absolute nightmare for anyone in my profession.

Allow me to go on the record. The US is falling behind in polar orbit weather satellites. These little buggers allow us to keep tabs on the polar ice sheets and how they are melting and or not melting. These low earth orbiting sat's are a must to get an upper hand information wise on storms like Sandy. This past GOP led congress have and will not fund further missions on this subject. Absolutely disgusting.

My vote is for Obama, all day every day. We can not afford more GOP fantasy land wars and tax cuts.

Didn't Obama cut NASA's funding?

Obama Cuts NASA Funding

I already pay for the public library. So why do I have to pay for legal services for other people? Can't they go to the library to do research & deal with their own legal problems? No one pays for my legal services.

When's the last time you represented yourself in court other than small claims?

And how well did you do?

If Romney gets his way, my wife and I will be unemployed. Conservatives hate public science and they hate legal services for homeless people.

ncbhfs.jpg

go ahead and vote for it. there's always welfare and food stamps

Why would I vote for the guy that wants to take my wife's job? Romney wants to defund the legal services corporation (and hence ignore the "justice for all" part of the Constitution.) For my wife it means no job - but for her disabled homeless clients, about half of which are veterans of the U.S. military, it means they will have to continue to beg to live rather than receiving the social security disability that they are entitled to (and its an insurance policy they paid for in many cases).

Being in science I'm a littler safer, though I dunno that Republicans are really that interested in massively parallel fully three dimensional fluid simulations of double white dwarf systems at the onset of mass transfer

What the hell is public science and why do homeless people need legal services?

Just asking.

Just asking.

Many homeless people are homeless because they are disabled. They need the legal help to get social security disability. That's most of what my wife does. Many of her clients are veterans. Not those 23 year olds holding up "vietnam vet" signs - real veterans with the government paper to prove they served their country - living on the streets.

Public science is science funded by the public. Round about 40% of the science in this country is public. Most of the major breakthroughs in modern pure sciences, especially physics, came from publicly funded science.

Last edited:

Just asking.

Many homeless people are homeless because they are disabled. They need the legal help to get social security disability. That's most of what my wife does. Many of her clients are veterans. Not those 23 year olds holding up "vietnam vet" signs - real veterans with the government paper to prove they served their country - living on the streets.

Public science is science funded by the public. Round about 40% of the science in this country is public. Most of the major breakthroughs in modern pure sciences, especially physics, came from publicly funded science.

Ok, cool.... I really have no problem with either then I guess. As long as we're not funding studies of cow flatulence and other such nonsense.

Just asking.

Ok, cool.... I really have no problem with either then I guess. As long as we're not funding studies of cow flatulence and other such nonsense.

Cows are a major producer of methane.

Forum List

Back