Why I renounced my United States citizenship - Americans why did you let this happen

We're sorry you felt the need for such drastic action - regarding a country that you have never lived it, have no allegiance to, have no personal connection to.

Fuck off. We don't need whiners - we got enough.... and they are Real Americans. Not Brits who thought they were 'special' cuz they had a US passport.

He is pointing out Hypocrisy, CG, i think he has been pretty civil about it.

I'm an American. I live in the UK. You think I don't know what it's like to have two governments bitching at me? I know only too well. The difference between the OP and me.... I really am an American. Born and raised. I value my country... because it is my country. The OP is not an American. He just wanted the passport. I am entitled to British citizenship, and a British passport. I will hold neither - it is not my country. I have no allegiance to it... but I do like it.

California Girl - .........Fuck off...............I really am an American. Born and raised. I value my country.....You are not a real American etc.

If you love your country, you are a terrible representative of it.

Quoting those parts of your statement really shows where you are coming from. Some people from Nazi Germany might have said 'I love my country and I will always support it and fight for it to the end', however surely there are times when people might love their country but disagree with the current state of their country, and if there is not a point at which people speak out and they continue to show praise for a country regardless, then they are very dangerous people indeed. It seems that most real American patriots would like to have views of a return to the honourable principles of the original United States viewed, but mindless thugs and brainless bimbos would jump on someone if they spoke this way (and the same applies to any nation not just the United States.). I chose to hold onto my U.S. passport until recently to keep my options open, and I have a lot of family there. I obviously care about the United States simply because of my ties, because I care about common sense and because the effects of major issues like state bankruptcy in the United States will make the Credit Crunch look like a walk in the park for the whole world. I'm sorry if my common sense does not agree with your prejudices.

We're sorry you felt the need for such drastic action - regarding a country that you have never lived it, have no allegiance to, have no personal connection to.

Fuck off. We don't need whiners - we got enough.... and they are Real Americans. Not Brits who thought they were 'special' cuz they had a US passport.

He is pointing out Hypocrisy, CG, i think he has been pretty civil about it.

I'm an American. I live in the UK. You think I don't know what it's like to have two governments bitching at me? I know only too well. The difference between the OP and me.... I really am an American. Born and raised. I value my country... because it is my country. The OP is not an American. He just wanted the passport. I am entitled to British citizenship, and a British passport. I will hold neither - it is not my country. I have no allegiance to it... but I do like it.

I understand that. He is not you. His circumstances are different than yours. I bet he is not as Pretty as you Dear. ;) That said. He made no false or disrespectful claims. In Truth, he may be better off renouncing Citizenship, than risk being charged with a Felony Charge because of our Screwed up Tax Code. There are those in Government that create Laws to Snare the unsuspecting. I am more concerned about that mind set and the threat it imposes on the rest of us.

Forum List

Back