Why I Parted Ways With The Right

so by your logic....in 2000, 2004 and all the legislative elections nobody wanted the dems....and the dems sucked....

if you look at it historically, this is nothing but cyclical politics...watch, in 2010 repubs will gain the majority

Personally, I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times. I became disenchanted with the Gingrich Republicans in the mid 90's and haven't voted for a Republican President since.

I am still a registered Republican

Right Winger--you never voted for conservatism in your entire life. I have read your posts for the last several months--& HEY nice TRY. You're also the one who used to defend Nancy Pelosi-&-now you're calling for her resignation.

Don't do this--Just inform yourself--change your party status to Independent--& freakin scare the hell out of Washington buerocrats on BOTH sides of the isle.

Because in the end it's us against Washington assholes--regardless of what party we belong too.

:clap2: Nail... Head... nice hit Oreo - I would add that the ass-holes we really need to get rid of first are the corporate lobbyists on 'K' street. That is where the status quo is truly entrenched.

Last edited:
Personally, I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times. I became disenchanted with the Gingrich Republicans in the mid 90's and haven't voted for a Republican President since.

Right Winger--you never voted for conservatism in your entire life. I have read your posts for the last several months--& HEY nice TRY. You're also the one who used to defend Nancy Pelosi-&-now you're calling for her resignation.

Don't do this--Just inform yourself--change your party status to Independent--& freakin scare the hell out of Washington buerocrats on BOTH sides of the isle.

Because in the end it's us against Washington assholes--regardless of what party we belong too.

Not true

I was a big fan of Reagan. Unfortunately, the party of Reagan took a gigantic turn towards extremism and left me with a feeling of "why would I want these people representing me?" I became repulsed by the growing influence of the Rush Limbaughs over the George Wills. It became more of a party of screaming insults, fear mongering and social conservatism.
I never left the party...but it became evident that they had left me.

I personally don't have a problem with Pelosi. If her district wants to elect her it is fine with me. I just don't think she is the best the Democrats have to offer and the party would be better off without her as Speaker. Reid can stay but he is also ill-suited for his position

The puppets on stage are moot as long as both national parties and all national elections are wholly owned subsidiaries of the money behind the corporations.

Between just the bankers and the insurance lobbies, 2009 saw almost a billion dollars in lobbyist bribes to the democratic party in D.C. - Why the fuck would you expect congress protect YOUR interests?

LOL

You guys just can't imagine why anyone would leave your party. Totally clueless. Thats why you continue to lose elections

i can understand why anyone would leave either one of these so-called parties RW....but when i see someone say...."i used to be this or that"....but NEVER ever even kinda agrees with something that that party may be doing....tells me that that individual was NEVER a member of that parties way of thinking.....

Not true

I was a big fan of Reagan. Unfortunately, the party of Reagan took a gigantic turn towards extremism and left me with a feeling of "why would I want these people representing me?" I became repulsed by the growing influence of the Rush Limbaughs over the George Wills. It became more of a party of screaming insults, fear mongering and social conservatism.

I personally don't have a problem with Pelosi. If her district wants to elect her it is fine with me. I just don't think she is the best the Democrats have to offer and the party would be better off without her as Speaker. Reid can stay but he is also ill-suited for his position
i was a die hard Democrat in the 80s... ...felt kinda like the way you felt RW...in the early nineties i felt the party left me.....they started turning into Midcants and Zonas....so it was time to go.....have despised both parties since......Both are strangling this country,and if the Moderate and Conservative Democrats and the Moderate and Liberal Republicans DONT WAKE UP soon....this country is gone....

Not true

i was a die hard Democrat in the 80s... ...felt kinda like the way you felt RW...in the early nineties i felt the party left me.....they started turning into Midcants and Zonas....so it was time to go.....have despised both parties since......Both are strangling this country,and if the Moderate and Conservative Democrats and the Moderate and Liberal Republicans DONT WAKE UP soon....this country is gone....

To be perfectly candid..

I can't really blame you Harry

10. Hatred for President Obama that goes far beyond simply criticizing his policies, into racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories (see: witch doctor pictures, tea parties, Birthers, Michelle Malkin, Fox News, World Net Daily, Newsmax, and every other right wing source)

you lost me at Racism.

but then again.. you fail to realize that the Left Criticized and made out Bush to be the worst guy ever.. and i mean ever..

So no need to cry about people talking crap about Obama..

the left criticized Bush because he lied to the American people in order to start a war that was unnecessary. And he left Obama with a plate full of shit. He deserved the criticism he received. I have been alive for six decades and Dubya is the ONLY president that I can confidently claim to be smarter than.

He was an affable moron with name recognition crowned king by the republican elite desperate to end the Clinton era and NONE of them are willing to admit that they screwed up when they did so.

Exactly.

Why I Parted Ways With The Right

The Right has been neutered so you needn't concern yourself with them. Now Americans have to come to grips with the fascist liberals that are in power, but they still have a huge cult following. They will be America's downfall if Americans don't wake up soon.

Too late....the downfall has already begun. Some of which we may NEVER recover from.

10. Hatred for President Obama that goes far beyond simply criticizing his policies, into racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories (see: witch doctor pictures, tea parties, Birthers, Michelle Malkin, Fox News, World Net Daily, Newsmax, and every other right wing source)

you lost me at Racism.

but then again.. you fail to realize that the Left Criticized and made out Bush to be the worst guy ever.. and i mean ever..

the left criticized Bush because he lied to the American people in order to start a war that was unnecessary. And he left Obama with a plate full of shit. He deserved the criticism he received. I have been alive for six decades and Dubya is the ONLY president that I can confidently claim to be smarter than.

He was an affable moron with name recognition crowned king by the republican elite desperate to end the Clinton era and NONE of them are willing to admit that they screwed up when they did so.

Isn't it great to live in a country where you can voice your opinion..no matter how lopsided and single minded it is?

You can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to political criticism. You ONLY care about whining about Bush...ironically for many of the same reasons that Obama is being criticized. Get this through your skull.....If the Iraq war is such a BAD idea, why hasn't BO cut and run already? If we don't need to be involved an ANY of the activity going on over there, why is BO sending MORE troops to Afghanistan? If Bush pushed us into this financial tailspin with irresponsible spending, why is BO spending 3 times as much?

You're pathetic hatred for the right is obscuring your view of what is happening all around you. Wake up!!! Grow a set and quit pointing fingers at the other side. Your guy has the ball now...and he's running toward the wrong goal!

you lost me at Racism.

Agree. It is not the same

To say you dislike Bush because he lied and brought the US into an unnecessary war, engaged in torture and lead us into a severe recession is not that same as saying you hate Obama because he is trying to pass a healthcare plan

As long as you don't go into detail about HCR, you're statement COULD be seen as logical. But because the majority of us know what's really happening, the statement is just laughable.

Obama has said over and over that HCR will bring costs down. How? And for who? The government program will be cheaper...sure. I guess those are the only rates he's talking about. So it's not the WHOLE truth now is it? It's it's not completely true, then it's false. Which is a lie.

Obama has said that coverage will improve...yet we've already seen some coverage begin to show signs of limitations...even BEFORE passage of any HCR Bill. Why is that, do you suppose? Sounds like another little white fib to me.

We could probable uncover more mis-truths. But for the sake of time, let's just call it what it is...a plan that will be more harmful than helpful and cost Americans FAR more than any military operation in little ol' Iraq.

But you go right ahead and keep thinking that Bush is the satan and Obama is the golden child. You certainly have the right to be wrong.

you lost me at Racism.

Well then you must be a fuckin' genius.

Say what you want about him, George W. Bush is incredibly clever. He came in to office on a promise to make his rich friends wealthy and on a promise to his wealthy friends to make them disgusting.

Mission Accomplished :salute:

you lost me at Racism.

Isn't it great to live in a country where you can voice your opinion..no matter how lopsided and single minded it is?

You can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to political criticism. You ONLY care about whining about Bush...ironically for many of the same reasons that Obama is being criticized. Get this through your skull.....If the Iraq war is such a BAD idea, why hasn't BO cut and run already? If we don't need to be involved an ANY of the activity going on over there, why is BO sending MORE troops to Afghanistan? If Bush pushed us into this financial tailspin with irresponsible spending, why is BO spending 3 times as much?

You're pathetic hatred for the right is obscuring your view of what is happening all around you. Wake up!!! Grow a set and quit pointing fingers at the other side. Your guy has the ball now...and he's running toward the wrong goal!

Because Obama, Like Bush before him is not working for the American People... He is bought and paid for by the few who are using the wars and most other government 'business' to transfer huge amounts of wealth from you to them.

Forum List

Back