why I love Best Buy...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Yesterday afternoon, I got a DVD 2-pack of the director's cut of Dawn of the Dead (the new one) and Shaun of the Dead for $18. Less than twenty bucks for two awesome movies. A few weeks ago, I got the Back to the Future trilogy for $20. Best Buy usually has at least one good DVD deal a week.

Dan said:
Yesterday afternoon, I got a DVD 2-pack of the director's cut of Dawn of the Dead (the new one) and Shaun of the Dead for $18. Less than twenty bucks for two awesome movies. A few weeks ago, I got the Back to the Future trilogy for $20. Best Buy usually has at least one good DVD deal a week.

They buy in bulk. The get such ridiculously good deals, only walmart can compete price wise. The Industry knows that Best buy can move product so they sell them huge quantites. When i used to work there, id see the shittiest movies sell like hotcakes on release day simply because everyone knew that best Buy had it and on release day and its $5-$8 cheaper then the normal price.

I find it funny that best Buy sells movies for no more then $20 usually for a hot item and Suncoast or FYE sells them for no less then $25 for a craptastic 6 month old release and usually $30+ for a Brand New release.

How do those stores make money?

Yeah, Sam Goody, FYE, Suncoast, etc. are crazy with their prices. In a sense, I almost feel bad for them because I know they are competing with Best Buy and probably have to charge a lot to make up for revenue, but I still can't bring myself to spend $30 on a DVD or, even worse, $20 for a CD.

you got ripped with shaun of the dead! that one sucked. thats coming from someone who likes jsut about every horror or comedy movie

Johnney said:
you got ripped with shaun of the dead! that one sucked. thats coming from someone who likes jsut about every horror or comedy movie

Shaun of the dead was funny as hell! Are you honestly telling me you didn't laugh when they were beating that zombie to that Queen song? :)

theim said:
Shaun of the dead was funny as hell! Are you honestly telling me you didn't laugh when they were beating that zombie to that Queen song? :)
honestly i didnt. it had its mildly amusing points, but over all i think it sucked!

Johnney said:
honestly i didnt. it had its mildly amusing points, but over all i think it sucked!

:bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

Glad to see I'm not the only one. :)

I saw them both before I bought them and I think they're both really great.

Shaun of the Dead I liked because it didn't go down the same exact route as every other horror comedy ever made where they just play the gore and stuff for laughs. I liked that it actually had a story and devoted a good 20 minutes to its main characters before any zombies even began to show up.

Forum List

Back