Why I listen to Conservative Talk Radio

LOL this thread has pretty much devolved into a conservative talk show.

Naw, conservatives don't usually sit around calling people names on talk show. That's pretty much a liberal thing. But on television when you have a group, conservatives are sure as bad as anybody else when it comes to interrupting people and everybody talking at once so it's just noise. I can't take it. I change the channel or go do something else.
That's pretty much ALL CON$ do on GOP hate radio!!! Just listen to the three most popular, LimpTard, HanNITWITy and Levin. It's a nonstop barrage of name-calling.

What planet are on????

I listen to talk radio to get opinions of various hosts, news I didn't know about, and information as well as caller reactions. I try to round the bases and listen to people who don't all agree on everything. Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Leslie Marshall, Dana Loesch. Mark Levin, Dr. Rev. James David Manning, Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, Rick Adams, Steve Malzberg, Bill Cunningham, Wayne Masden, Coast to Coast AM, Rusty Humphries, Neal Boortz, Alan Colmes, Dr. Michael Savage and so on are some of the ones I have heard over the years. I mostly listen to libertarians and conservatives and stuff deemed to the right and that is the topic of this thread. So I hear these people because they are interesting to listen to. And check into to see what they have to say. I don't always agree with everything they say and they don't always agree with each other. I do support a lot of the anti-Obama guys, though. I sometimes download podcasts or if I can't get a radio feed listen on-line. Of late, I went to a new level, listening to blog talk radio which is home made online radio. Then I found a freedomain guy who just posts mp3 podcasts of his random thoughts on topics. Then I've also jumped to video with Glenn Becks tv show, which will be online only soon, And Alex Jones which is also streaming video of the radio show, but soon he will do a online show himself. And Rush's video feed. As well as clips off news channels. Only Leslie Marshall and Alan Colmes are leftists I bother to hear. I know what all the rest say by reading newsbusters or whatever. Don't like them so why waste my time.

Last edited:
i thought people listened to conservative talk radio beacuse they were incapable of independent thought and felt it easier to have their opinions given to them

This totally explains the ratings at fox. It really does. Everytime they brag about the ratings, I say to my self exactly what you wrote.

Nicely said sir.

:clap2:

i thought people listened to conservative talk radio beacuse they were incapable of independent thought and felt it easier to have their opinions given to them

This totally explains the ratings at fox. It really does. Everytime they brag about the ratings, I say to my self exactly what you wrote.

Nicely said sir.

Shocking that you applaud the response you agree with then taking the time to actually ask why people listen to different points of view. I understand why you don't though. You don't want to admit that people other than you might have a legitimate point of view. Then you might be wrong.

Nicely said sir.

Shocking that you applaud the response you agree with then taking the time to actually ask why people listen to different points of view. I understand why you don't though. You don't want to admit that people other than you might have a legitimate point of view. Then you might be wrong.

For the last time, explain to me how popular opinion at all translates into legitimacy? If you have a population of idiots, does who they support mean anything? No. Idiots will support idiots. That is what conservatives and fox do. How can it be legitimate when it is not their own opinion? When it is opinions only of the talking heads and corrupt politicians who only want what is best for a small portion of the population?

How long has conservative radio been around? 20 years? Liberals have been incapable of independent thought since they elected FDR in 1932.

Nicely said sir.

For the last time, explain to me how popular opinion at all translates into legitimacy? If you have a population of idiots, does who they support mean anything? No. Idiots will support idiots. That is what conservatives and fox do. How can it be legitimate when it is not their own opinion? When it is opinions only of the talking heads and corrupt politicians who only want what is best for a small portion of the population?

And who are you to think conservatives are not capable of independent thought?

Study after study after study has demonstrated that most Americans are right of center on most issues. Fox News and conservative talk radio are the ONLY major media sources available to all those people.

But if Fox News and conservative talk radio had the power to dictate to those people or direct their thoughts, Bill Clinton would never have been elected twice. George W. Bush would not have been able to push through a social agenda to which most of us objected. John McCain would not have been the GOP nominee in 2008 and Barack Obama sure as hell wouldn't be President now.

Nevertheless, it boggles the mind that so many on the left can be so afraid of and intolerant of any difference of opinion or any ideas contrary to the leftist mantra and playbook. So who are the brainwashed ones and those who are most likely told what to think? I can't see that it is the conservatives.

Study after study after study has demonstrated that most Americans are right of center on most issues. Fox News and conservative talk radio are the ONLY major media sources available to all those people.

But if Fox News and conservative talk radio had the power to dictate to those people or direct their thoughts, Bill Clinton would never have been elected twice. George W. Bush would not have been able to push through a social agenda to which most of us objected. John McCain would not have been the GOP nominee in 2008 and Barack Obama sure as hell wouldn't be President now.

Nevertheless, it boggles the mind that so many on the left can be so afraid of and intolerant of any difference of opinion or any ideas contrary to the leftist mantra and playbook. So who are the brainwashed ones and those who are most likely told what to think? I can't see that it is the conservatives.
Obviously, by your own statement, those "studies" must be flawed and were merely used to brainwash you into believing your CON$ervative minority was a majority.

Obviously, by your own statement, those "studies" must be flawed and were merely used to brainwash you into believing your CON$ervative minority was a majority.

what is your fact base for claiming there is a liberal majority? That's news to me.

what is your fact base for claiming there is a liberal majority? That's news to me.
Where exactly did I make any such claim? Libs are a minority just like CON$.

Nicely said sir.

Why would I bother explaining something i never claimed to begin with?

Nicely said sir.

And that's what we did when we voted for Obama. We followed the lying idiot. I was in idiot in 2008, I won't be one in 2012

2_15_06_11_7_35_47_65871164.jpeg

To be more precise please, those who IDENTIFY themselves as liberals qand those who IDENTIFY themselves as conservatives are both in minorities with conservatives being the larger of the two groups.

I did not identify anybody as liberal or conservative but rather said the studies indicate that most Americans are right of center on more issues than they are left of center.

And those people have only Fox News and conservative talk radio as major media outlets where they can hear their opinions and views confirmed. They don't form those opinions from the media. They look for media that affirms their opinions.

To be more precise please, those who IDENTIFY themselves as liberals qand those who IDENTIFY themselves as conservatives are both in minorities with conservatives being the larger of the two groups.

I did not identify anybody as liberal or conservative but rather said the studies indicate that most Americans are right of center on more issues than they are left of center.

And those people have only Fox News and conservative talk radio as major media outlets where they can hear their opinions and views confirmed. They don't form those opinions from the media. They look for media that affirms their opinions.
"More" is not "most!"
If you weren't brainwashed you would have heard the CON$ who cite those "studies" say that MOST Americans are center right, which means they combined the center with the Right. By the same token MOST Americans are center Left also!

Now according to CON$ the center are actually Libs, so it makes more sense to combine the left with the center than the Right.

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

"More" is not "most!"
If you weren't brainwashed you would have heard the CON$ who cite those "studies" say that MOST Americans are center right, which means they combined the center with the Right. By the same token MOST Americans are center Left also!

Now according to CON$ the center are actually Libs, so it makes more sense to combine the left with the center than the Right.

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

Yes dear. When you have two groups, the larger can accurately be defined as most.

Most voters voted for Barack Obama in 2008 which is why he is now President even though those voting for him were not that many more than those who didn't vote for him.

Most cats given a choice prefer Brand X of catfood even if those preferring Brand X are 51% of all cats who try it.

"More" is not "most!"

May 12, 2008

Yes dear. When you have two groups, the larger can accurately be defined as most.

Most voters voted for Barack Obama in 2008 which is why he is now President even though those voting for him were not that many more than those who didn't vote for him.

Most cats given a choice prefer Brand X of catfood even if those preferring Brand X are 51% of all cats who try it.
But in politics you have more than 2 groups, unless you define moderates and independents as your MessiahRushie does. Then MOST Americans are Left of center. :lol:

"More" is not "most!"

May 12, 2008

But in politics you have more than 2 groups, unless you define moderates and independents as your MessiahRushie does. Then MOST Americans are Left of center. :lol:

And again I didn't base my observation on any group or groups but rather on the fact that more Americans will be right of center on more issues than they will be left of center. That is a very different thing than separating people into groups.

Forum List

Back