Why I have never been called by pollsters, as do millions of others!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Who answers their cell phone if a number that is calling is not recognized? Most of us DO NOT answer!

YET the pollsters have more and more depended on cell phone polling.
There were already plenty of reasons to treat polling results with caution. To cite only the most recent example, poll-takers are still trying to figure out what went wrong with surveys showing Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama with a big lead just before the Jan. 9 New Hampshire primary, which he lost by 2 percentage points.
Poll-takers apply various statistical manipulations to their survey results in an attempt to compensate for those who are missed in phone surveys. That task is becoming more difficult as more Americans do without hard-wired phones, giving the wise citizen one more reason not to put too much weight on any particular finding from a telephone poll.
Cell Phones and Political Polls

So my question is what kind of idiot answers the phone call made by a pollster when the caller's displayed phone number is NOT recognized by the person who is being called?

As a result I am guessing here, just subjective observation, is that the people that answer the unknown phone number pollster call is ALSO probably believes the MSM is not biased!

Who answers their cell phone if a number that is calling is not recognized? Most of us DO NOT answer!

There were already plenty of reasons to treat polling results with caution. To cite only the most recent example, poll-takers are still trying to figure out what went wrong with surveys showing Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama with a big lead just before the Jan. 9 New Hampshire primary, which he lost by 2 percentage points.
Poll-takers apply various statistical manipulations to their survey results in an attempt to compensate for those who are missed in phone surveys. That task is becoming more difficult as more Americans do without hard-wired phones, giving the wise citizen one more reason not to put too much weight on any particular finding from a telephone poll.

So my question is what kind of idiot answers the phone call made by a pollster when the caller's displayed phone number is NOT recognized by the person who is being called?

As a result I am guessing here, just subjective observation, is that the people that answer the unknown phone number pollster call is ALSO probably believes the MSM is not biased!
yet magically if you take the average of polls in most elections they fall within a margin of error of about 3%

The problem with polls.

It is dependent upon people responding to the poll by answering their telephone. Those people may not be representative of the actual voters.

The poll assumes that the respondents are honest with their answers.

The questions could be biased as hell.

The result of the poll is then applied to the general populace based upon some predetermined demographics model which may be not be accurate.

yet magically if you take the average of polls in most elections they fall within a margin of error of about 3%

How did pollsters get Trump, Clinton election so wrong?
Several months of polls pegged Hillary Clinton as the leader in the polarizing race and as the leader in many key battleground states.
But Trump's surge crushed the conventional wisdom among pollsters.
Early Wednesday, he was far outpacing projections across the board.
Arie Kapteyn, director of the University of Southern California’s (USC) Dornsife Center for Economic and Social Research, which jointly runs the poll, said some voters were apparently sheepish about admitting to a human pollster that they were backing Trump. But the L.A. Times/USC poll was based on an internet survey of a recruited group of voters.
"There's some suggestion that Clinton supporters are more likely to say they're a Clinton supporter than Trump supporters are to say they're a Trump supporter," Kapteyn said late Tuesday in an interview.

AND THIS IS SO TRUE!
Millions of people will say something to the pollsters but in the privacy of the voting booth pull the lever for Trump.
So consequently the millions of people NOW working don't need to be poked fun of as Don Lemon of CNN did the other day which
speaks greatly about the pompous idiots that ignore the common people's correct perceptions of Trump!

I think it has a lot to do with who has productive jobs, or other more important things to do than talk to cold-callers; and who does not. In other words, conservatives vs. LIbErals.

And this, I believe, is why polls so consistently come out with a definite bias to the left wrong.

I live in a zip code that is heavily polled by political organizations. Last election cycle, I was contacted over a dozen times. I participated in a couple surveys that were related to state propositions. I refuse to do the candidate ones. This year, I plan to opt out of all of them.

Several months of polls pegged Hillary Clinton as the leader in the polarizing race and as the leader in many key battleground states.
Arie Kapteyn, director of the University of Southern California’s (USC) Dornsife Center for Economic and Social Research, which jointly runs the poll, said some voters were apparently sheepish about admitting to a human pollster that they were backing Trump. But the L.A. Times/USC poll was based on an internet survey of a recruited group of voters.
"There's some suggestion that Clinton supporters are more likely to say they're a Clinton supporter than Trump supporters are to say they're a Trump supporter," Kapteyn said late Tuesday in an interview.

AND THIS IS SO TRUE!
Millions of people will say something to the pollsters but in the privacy of the voting booth pull the lever for Trump.
So consequently the millions of people NOW working don't need to be poked fun of as Don Lemon of CNN did the other day which
speaks greatly about the pompous idiots that ignore the common people's correct perceptions of Trump!
the polls had Clinton gaining more votes and she gained 3 million more votes. Trump won because of the electoral college, most polls test individual support amongst demographics. I didn’t see many polls that fell outside the margin of error. Can you point to any?

AND THIS IS SO TRUE!
the polls had Clinton gaining more votes and she gained 3 million more votes. Trump won because of the electoral college, most polls test individual support amongst demographics. I didn’t see many polls that fell outside the margin of error. Can you point to any?

So the majority of people before.. the 1400s, believed in a flat Earth among most people.
Myth of the flat Earth - Wikipedia
The pollsters before the 1400s would have asked the majority of people.."is the Earth flat" and the margin of error would be the same.
Unfortunately REALITY would be injected here.
So of the course the majority of BIASED polls were within the margin of error... But the final vote of states voting for Trump was because the people decided in the voting booth.

Forum List

Back