Why I Dont Take Christianity Seriously Any More

I cannot leave the church. I made an oath and I will keep it.
Well there's a stupid reason to stay in an organization, which you no longer care about.

I still take my oaths before God seriously.

Why bother?
Don't. Follow what you feel is right, which is obviously not the church. Shit-can the dumb shit, you don't need a church to pray, and read religious texts. Christianity is a religion where the actions of the heart and mind are most important, and I don't recall Jesus ever saying that you had to go to church every Sunday, to pay homage to a guy wearing a fancy dress, and a creepy statue of a mangled, dead Jesus.

There's other religions too, or you could join us.

I will stay in my church because of social reasons, to not upset my family and because I do not think anything better is out there.

Everything man touches he corrupts, even the Body of Christ.

If that's what you choose to do, but by doing so, you'll be killing your own faith. It happened to me once upon a time.

It's so hard to find a church that you feel you really "belong" to. I've been to a few and I also have a problem with some of the hypocrits that attend. This is why i've gone to having Bible studies at home or at a friends home...anyplace you gather together to study God's word is "church". The Bible tells us that in the end days this will be the norm, because Christianity will eventually be outlawed. There's too many church's now that teach only the "feel good" stuff. People don't want to hear they are sinning will go to hell! I don't want to hear that either, but i want to know the WHOLE Bible, not just the "good" parts. We study the whole Bible in our group, and we don't always agree on everything, but we agree to disagree and go on.
I heard this saying once, and it's soooo true....
"Going to a Church makes you no more a Christian than standing in your garage makes you a car".

Forum List

Back