Why I don't fear a Ron Paul presidency.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Ron Paul is excellent on fiscal issues and if put in the WH he will do much to set us on a path to repair our economy and the economic future of this country. Most conservatives, even Paul haters agree to this.

I admit that even though I agree with RP on some of his foreign policy ideas, mauch of it is off the deep end.

But.....the potus is not Caesar, he cannot just do everything he wants to. Just as Obama couldn't close Gitmo and end all of the wars like he wanted to, Ron Paul won't be able to simply shut down all of our bases over seas, pull all our troops out of the middle east or sit down at the table and cut a deal with Iran. Ron Paul also, much to the disappointment of many of his supporters, won't be able to legalize marijuanna.

He will have the support of his party on fiscal matters and shrinking the government so those things could get taken care of pretty quick and right now, these things should take a higher priority right now.

Judging from the damage that obama did, there is both a lot to fear from a Ron Paul presidency. There is also nothing to fear from a Ron Paul presidency because he's not going to be president.

im not afraid of a Ron Paul Presidency. But then im not afraid of anyone's Presidency.

I don't fear a Ron Paul term in office, either.

If he actually tried to do all the stuff he talks about now, I doubt he'd survive his first term.

Judging from the damage that obama did, there is both a lot to fear from a Ron Paul presidency. There is also nothing to fear from a Ron Paul presidency because he's not going to be president.

You cannot judge Paul on Obama. Obama and the Democrat party had complete control of the government and there are still some things, especially military things, that Obama couldn'tdo. The point is that Ron Paul won't get to do his radical stuff either.

You are probably correct that Paul won't be POTUS, but my point is that so many are so fearful of a Pual presidency and there really is no reason to be.

im not afraid of a Ron Paul Presidency. But then im not afraid of anyone's Presidency.
Nor should we in the healthy discourse if this Republic is to survive.

My biggest beef with Mr. Paul is his foreign policy and his blaming US for things going on in the world and use of the military to preserve national interests.

Domestically? He's OK...

I don't fear a Ron Paul term in office, either.

If he actually tried to do all the stuff he talks about now, I doubt he'd survive his first term.

That's the point of the OP, he can't do them and he won't. However, the things he would be able to do would be some very good things.

You cannot judge Paul on Obama. Obama and the Democraticparty had complete control of the government and there are still some things, especially military things, that Obama couldn'tdo. The point is that Ron Paul won't get to do his radical stuff either.

You are probably correct that Paul won't be POTUS, but my point is that so many are so fearful of a Pual presidency and there really is no reason to be.

why cant you get the partys name correct?

You people are not evern honest enough to say the right name for the party.

Paul will NEVEr be president because he isnt willing to LIE about what he supports and the American people do not agree with his ideas.

My biggest beef with Mr. Paul is his foreign policy and his blaming US for things going on in the world and use of the military to preserve national interests.

Domestically? He's OK...

As I said in the OP, there isn't a real reason to have a beef with Ron Paul on foreign policy. Nothing he wants to do in that regard would be supported by the GOP and almost all of the Democrats as well. He would have to tone all that crap waaaaaaay down.

You cannot judge Paul on Obama. Obama and the Democraticparty had complete control of the government and there are still some things, especially military things, that Obama couldn'tdo. The point is that Ron Paul won't get to do his radical stuff either.

why cant you get the partys name correct?

You people are not evern honest enough to say the right name for the party.

Paul will NEVEr be president because he isnt willing to LIE about what he supports and the American people do not agree with his ideas.

I am saying the right name for the Democrat Party.

This is proof of which partyt refuses to deal in a respectful manner with the opposition.

Its is dead on proof which party REFUSES to act in a bipartisan manner

Domestically? He's OK...

As I said in the OP, there isn't a real reason to have a beef with Ron Paul on foreign policy. Nothing he wants to do in that regard would be supported by the GOP and almost all of the Democrats as well. He would have to tone all that crap waaaaaaay down.
Yes he would at that.

Forum List

Back