Why I didnt like The Dark Knight Rises ( MAJOR SPOILERS )

If there was a fight between Batman and Superman the smart money would be on Batman.

That’s just… nuts.

Anyway, I prefer the Marvel universe anyway. Not that big into comics myself but I can’t stand superman at all. I don’t even know what’s the point when you have something that is indestructible, faster than anything else and has whatever power he needs atm for whatever reason. In the last movie I seen, he decided to listen to the streets from space – ya, that’s overpowered. There is no challenge in that.

I prefer something more dynamic and it never hurts to ditch the black and white characters either.

Not only nuts, but mainly incorrect. :) If Batman knew a fight was coming and could set things up beforehand, then you might give him the better odds....otherwise, of course, he has no chance.

As far as Superman being too powerful....I hear that complaint a lot, I have friends that feel the same way. When looking at comics, it's clear that Superman a)isn't necessarily the most powerful character, even from among those who are Earth-based and b)has vulnerabilities many people don't know about. For example, Superman is apparently extremely vulnerable to magic, and magic definitely exists in the DC universe.

I'm not saying you should start liking Superman (I don't), but Marvel has ridiculously powerful characters as well (have you ever read World War Hulk? He was going to destroy the world!) and Superman is not invulnerable. He is still ridiculously powerful, and it is still going to be hard for anyone to hurt him, but he's not so much worse than any other character in those respects. :tongue:

I should rephrase that tbh. I like the xmen comic line and even then, many of the characters in that line are overdone. I can’t stand the hulk though. Same category as superman. Just to over the top.

I could never figure out why you would need any other superhero to help Superman.
Especially a weakling like Batman.

If there was a fight between Batman and Superman the smart money would be on Batman.

The smart money should never be on Batman. Even in the Frank Miller The Dark Knight Returns when Batman kicks Supermans ass, and then only because Green Arrow shot Superman with a kyptonite arrow first, Batman "dies".

The Dark Knight: Storylines: The Dark Knight Returns

That was intentional, though! I always got the impression that, if he'd wanted to, Batman would have won that fight. :)

I knew some of you were fanboys. What a lovely surprise to find you here. Personally I think the ultimate 'League' movie was made with 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' (not a super hero movie, granted but surely in the spirit of the game)

My tastes ran to the old Marvel westerns, Kid Colt, Rawhide Kid, Ghost Rider (and all his subsequent reincarnations~~ the horse for motorctycle update was genius) so admitting that you know Ive been a fanboy myself for some time.

My first 'super-hero', notwithstanding the Marvel-DC debate remains now, and always Superman. And was reinforced with 'Bills' critique and commentary of him in Kill Bill Pt. 2.

Last edited:
Superman is the worst hero of all time... He was so bad they had to make a weakness so they were like, why not a glowing rock!!!!

Batman could actually die, couldn't pick up a car and throw it at you... He actually had to use strategy.

I liked the movie but it had some big holes that I can’t remember.

Superman is the worst hero of all time... He was so bad they had to make a weakness so they were like, why not a glowing rock!!!!

Batman could actually die, couldn't pick up a car and throw it at you... He actually had to use strategy.

I liked the movie but it had some big holes that I can’t remember.

lol – that may be better than what we have now but still think no parties would be better than that. Something about elected officials having to run on actual positions rather than on the letter next to their name and representative actually representing the people rather than a party…

What sticks out in my mind about superman is the images of him reversing time and flying off with a damn CONTENT on his back (2 separate moves back when the originals were made). Really, laser eyes, x ray vision blah blah blah. They should simply start each movie/comic with – superman wins. The end.

Forum List

Back