Why I could never vote for Newt - he wanted me dead

A link to what? Its my own personal true (but fictional) story.
Gee, with that kind of clarification you just put it all into perspective.

Why would there be a link with evidence of our drug smuggling? That's an absurd request. Obviously only us 4 and some close friends ever knew about this. Believe it or not, I don't care (its all fictional anyway).

I didn't ask for a link, try and keep up, try and pay attention, and try to quote the right person in your response.
Do I need to clarify my previous response?

(DISCLAIMER: The following narrative is not the narrative of a real person and is for entertainment value only)

In summer of '97 I was part of a conspiracy of 4 to smuggle approximately 45 pounds of marijuana from Chihuahua, Mexico through Big Bend National Park and into the United States (before you call the DEA, note that the statue of limitations ran up in 2002, and also note that 45 lbs really isn't much pot.) I didn't touch any actual dope but instead drove the lead car in a two car system designed to get the pot out of the park while one of the 100 mile border checkpoints was unmanned.

It was a really, really stupid thing to do, but hey, I was only 20. My financial interest in the operation was a mere 15%, but hey, it was fun, the Mexicans threw a big party for us, bringing sacks of cold beer from the only bar in town, and passing around a folded dollar bill with a pile of cocaine on it and a pocket knife for scooping it into your nose. Ahh, the good ole days!

Had we been caught and Newt Gingrich had his way, we would have all been executed. Now - nearly 15 years later, all 4 of us have PhD's - two in physics, one in chemistry, and one in soil science. So FUCK YOU Newt!!!!

Good thing the disclaimer clarifies that this isn't a real story. There is a reason someone had to make it up- because nothing like this happened.

Of course, the writer could have based this work of fiction on statistics, in which the former drug dealers did not turn into productive members of society and instead kept selling drugs, which would have ensured the deaths of many of our young people. They would have been part of the cartels that purchased the weapons that the Obama administration helped sell and they would have contributed to the tens of thousands of murders of Mexican citizens. They would likely have ended up getting involved in human trafficking and would have continued to wreak havoc on society.

But, the writer chose something not based on reality in order to smear a political candidate. Looking forward to your next thread. Perhaps something by Dr. Suess would be more believable.

Sure - right it didn't happen. Its completely unbelievable someone could smuggle 45 POUNDS across the border - that's SO MUCH and there's no way they could do it without getting caught! Surely that never happens.

BTW, two things
a) pot doesn't "ensure the death" of anyone you fucking moron
b) I never said we were productive members of society, only that we all have PhDs now.
which the former drug dealers did not turn into productive members of society and instead kept selling drugs

Practically everyone I know who sold me pot in college pays their own way these days without selling drugs or government assistance. Except the one guy who still sells pot. Thank god for him else I'd not know where to get it!

Last edited:
(DISCLAIMER: The following narrative is not the narrative of a real person and is for entertainment value only)

In summer of '97 I was part of a conspiracy of 4 to smuggle approximately 45 pounds of marijuana from Chihuahua, Mexico through Big Bend National Park and into the United States (before you call the DEA, note that the statue of limitations ran up in 2002, and also note that 45 lbs really isn't much pot.) I didn't touch any actual dope but instead drove the lead car in a two car system designed to get the pot out of the park while one of the 100 mile border checkpoints was unmanned.

It was a really, really stupid thing to do, but hey, I was only 20. My financial interest in the operation was a mere 15%, but hey, it was fun, the Mexicans threw a big party for us, bringing sacks of cold beer from the only bar in town, and passing around a folded dollar bill with a pile of cocaine on it and a pocket knife for scooping it into your nose. Ahh, the good ole days!

Had we been caught and Newt Gingrich had his way, we would have all been executed. Now - nearly 15 years later, all 4 of us have PhD's - two in physics, one in chemistry, and one in soil science. So FUCK YOU Newt!!!!

Good thing the disclaimer clarifies that this isn't a real story. There is a reason someone had to make it up- because nothing like this happened.

Of course, the writer could have based this work of fiction on statistics, in which the former drug dealers did not turn into productive members of society and instead kept selling drugs, which would have ensured the deaths of many of our young people. They would have been part of the cartels that purchased the weapons that the Obama administration helped sell and they would have contributed to the tens of thousands of murders of Mexican citizens. They would likely have ended up getting involved in human trafficking and would have continued to wreak havoc on society.

But, the writer chose something not based on reality in order to smear a political candidate. Looking forward to your next thread. Perhaps something by Dr. Suess would be more believable.

Sure - right it didn't happen. Its completely unbelievable someone could smuggle 45 POUNDS across the border - that's SO MUCH and there's no way they could do it without getting caught! Surely that never happens.

BTW, two things
b) I never said we were productive members of society, only that we all have PhDs now.

Happens every day. Rarely does the lowlife that chooses to sell illegal drugs turn out well. That is the most unbelievable part of your story. Drugs have killed many, including pot. Definitely kills brain cells and I appreciate the demonstration of that.

Forgive me for insinuating that you might be a productive member of society. What was I thinking?

BTW, two things

So, we've established that OohPooPahDoo likes fiction, fancies him/herself to be a writer of fiction, isn't good at writing fiction, tries to use fiction to support a false perspective, and can't properly quote other posts.

Fail.

BTW, two things

Happens every day. Rarely does the lowlife that chooses to sell illegal drugs turn out well. That is the most unbelievable part of your story. Drugs have killed many, including pot. Definitely kills brain cells and I appreciate the demonstration of that.

Forgive me for insinuating that you might be a productive member of society. What was I thinking?

You don't even know anyone who chose to sell pot, so how the fuck would you know? Everyone I know who sold or used pot turned out fine. Heck one of the university medalists (straight A's) who had a triple major in chemistry, biology, and some liberal art I forget, was a pot smoker.

Name one person that pot killed and cite one scientific study that shows the drug THC itself kills brain cells Certainly inhaling the byproducts of combustion is not good, but there are more ways to do pot than by lighting it on fire.

Rightwingers generally do not view research scientists as "productive members" of society.

Last edited:

BTW, two things

You don't even know anyone who chose to sell pot, so how the fuck would you know? Everyone I know who sold or used pot turned out fine. Heck one of the university medalists (straight A's) who had a triple major in chemistry, biology, and some liberal art I forget, was a pot smoker.

Name one person that pot killed and cite one scientific study that shows the drug THC itself kills brain cells Certainly inhaling the byproducts of combustion is not good, but there are more ways to do pot than by lighting it on fire.

Rightwingers generally do not view research scientists as "productive members" of society.[/QUOTE]

Actually untrue. Righties look at things in a fairly liberal way as regards research. If your goal is to come up with something that will benefit mankind they are pretty much for it. On the other hand , if you are trying to "prove" something that is allready known and wish to spend lots of money doing it...then they kind of don't like that.

The shrimp on the treadmill is an excellent example of that. Showing that a sick shrimp is easier prey for a predator is pretty much a no brainer. All of natural history show's that to be true. So spending 600K on something that is allready known is considered wasteful.

I tend to agree with them.

Rightwingers generally do not view research scientists as "productive members" of society.

Actually untrue. Righties look at things in a fairly liberal way as regards research. If your goal is to come up with something that will benefit mankind they are pretty much for it. On the other hand , if you are trying to "prove" something that is allready known and wish to spend lots of money doing it...then they kind of don't like that.

The shrimp on the treadmill is an excellent example of that. Showing that a sick shrimp is easier prey for a predator is pretty much a no brainer. All of natural history show's that to be true. So spending 600K on something that is allready known is considered wasteful.ting

I tend to agree with them.

Although the end result of science is beneficial to mankind, if every scientific research project had to justify itself based on that criteria, Rutherford and his students would have never got the funding to shoot alpha particles through gold foil. In fact, to my knowledge, at least in physics, "beneficial to mankind" isn't a justification at all for research dollars. The question most important to getting research dollars is whether or not it will further our understanding of the physical universe - regardless if that knowledge will actually "benefit" us.

The "shrimp on the treadmill" is a horrible example. You haven't even read the research itself. You only think its crap research because some right wing think tank told you to. Not to mention the claim that it costs 600k+ to build the treadmill is false on its face. That's like claiming one of the hard drivers purchased for the research I do costs the price tag of the entire project.

Do any of the righties bitching about the shrimp even cite the NSF grant number under research is conducted? Not that I've seen. So I can't go look up the grant # and judge for myself their claims - how unscientific of them. Shows you they haven't even done the bare minimum of research needed.

Last edited:

Exactly, so what the fuck was the point? :lame2:

Purely for entertainment value.

the-fail-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg

Just for the record - if the events as described actually HAD happened exactly as I described them, I would also be calling the story fictional and untrue....

You have done that...make up your fucking mind dude.

Its true - not true.

Ok really it is. The statutes passed long ago and I don't see any harm in saying I did it. Only one poster on this board who isn't an admin knows my real name (and guess what -he's another science phd!)

I said that for entertainment value.

Just for the record - if the events as described actually HAD happened exactly as I described them, I would also be calling the story fictional and untrue....

Just for the record - I am a man that had gay sexual relations with both Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama. <--That makes about as much sense as your story. :cuckoo:

Just for the record - I am a man that had gay sexual relations with both Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama. <--That makes about as much sense as your story. :cuckoo:

That makes about as much sense as Chewbacca! If Chewbacca don't make sense, you must acquit!

Though I guess at the time gay sex with Clinton and Michelle in TEXAS would have still been a crime, no one in Congress wanted to execute people for it.

BTW - the story I told - it is true.

I've got another one about a hillbilly kegger in the middle of the woods I ran into on the appalachian trail. It involves grannies flashing tits and doing cocaine, people golfing with oranges, a VW bus engulfed in flames, and to top it all off, and I shit you not - a blind guitar player.

Glad I had all them crazy times. going to have my first kid in the summer - ready to settle down now - but it was fun fucking off for a decade or so.

Last edited:
BTW - the story I told - it is true.
Really?

You are the one that put "fictional" in bold font.
You cant' even be consistent in one sentence, much less an entire thread that you started.

Enjoy your fail thread that reeks of partisan hate for Mr Gingrich.

Its all true.

But its just part of a grander pattern - that anyone who grows up in Louisiana has at least one crackhead story.

BTW - best way to get pot through an airport these days is in edibles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back