Why I Could Never Be GOP or Libertarian

Perfect example of how you righties defend policies that make it harder for our generation to succeed. Remember you guys kept defending illegal workers because you said they were doing "jobs Americans wouldn't do?" Meanwhile they were taking over the construction industry.

But Reagan put an end to that. His 1986 amnesty program, combined with his aggressive war on organized labor (begun in 1981), in effect told both employers and non-citizens that there would be few penalties and many rewards to increasing the US labor pool (and thus driving down wages) with undocumented immigrants. A million people a year continued to come across our southern border, but they stopped returning to Latin America every fall because instead of seasonal work they were able to find permanent jobs.

The magnet drawing them? Illegal Employers.

Yet in the American media, Illegal Employers are almost never mentioned.

"Between 1999 and 2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which subsequently was merged into the Homeland Security Department. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.
"In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies. In 2004, it issued fine notices to three."

Again, you make assumptions about me and my beliefs simply because I have an (R) after my name.

No party holds all the cards or all the correct positions. I am strongly opposed to illegals being allowed to be here. They have taken MANY jobs from me over the years. I am strongly opposed to organized labor. They too have taken many jobs from me over the years. Not only that but they have picketed me on large commercial jobs and made my job difficult when all I wanted to do was feed my family as well as the families of my employees.

No party or politician has all the answers but to completely discredit one is to close your mind to ideas that could make our lives better. You're an ideological fool.

If you are rich then you are greedy and selfish. If you are middle class and have an R next to your name, after the last 12 years, you are a fool.

I am far from rich. However most of my customers are. Funny thing is they are some of the kindest most giving people I've ever met. I even did an estimate for Claire McCaskils sister a few years back. Despite my anti Obama sticker on my company truck we had a great conversation after the bid. She was very cordial, very nice, VERY WEALTHY and even gave me a great report on angieslist despite not hiring me.

You judge people for nonsensical superficial reasons. As such I believe your close mindedness has probably limited your ability to grow as a human being.

I'm sorry for you.

What did you do and what was passed that screwed you over?

High-end custom trim, paneling and cabinets in luxury beach houses, I had a truck full of tools and more work than I could handle. Along comes the state construction lobby and all of the sudden we all have 5 weeks to become LLCs rather than sole proprietors, certainly the worst Christmas present I ever had, and at the time I simply did not have the funds to do it. Had to go back to work for various companies doing everything from framing to historic restoration and never really got it together to try again before the bubble.

You can't be in business as a sole proprietor there? And even so becoming an LLC is not that difficult minus a few hundred bucks. Not only that but an LLC protects you personally from liable lawsuits.

I will grant you that the red tape and fees are all bullshit but that regulation seems a bit odd.

It was the short notice that killed us, I knew quite a few guys like that and only about 1/3 made the jump. If I had 6 months I probably could have done it. Guys that made the jump ended up paying a lot more than a few hundred bucks. There were other things going on at the time that made it impossible, not the least of which was a substance abusing wife and a nasty divorce.

Again, you make assumptions about me and my beliefs simply because I have an (R) after my name.

No party holds all the cards or all the correct positions. I am strongly opposed to illegals being allowed to be here. They have taken MANY jobs from me over the years. I am strongly opposed to organized labor. They too have taken many jobs from me over the years. Not only that but they have picketed me on large commercial jobs and made my job difficult when all I wanted to do was feed my family as well as the families of my employees.

No party or politician has all the answers but to completely discredit one is to close your mind to ideas that could make our lives better. You're an ideological fool.

If you are rich then you are greedy and selfish. If you are middle class and have an R next to your name, after the last 12 years, you are a fool.

I am far from rich. However most of my customers are. Funny thing is they are some of the kindest most giving people I've ever met. I even did an estimate for Claire McCaskils sister a few years back. Despite my anti Obama sticker on my company truck we had a great conversation after the bid. She was very cordial, very nice, VERY WEALTHY and even gave me a great report on angieslist despite not hiring me.

You judge people for nonsensical superficial reasons. As such I believe your close mindedness has probably limited your ability to grow as a human being.

I'm sorry for you.

Guess who is rich... Obama, Pelosi and Harry.... But the OP has a reason for why they are not selfish....

It really does not matter, you ca, spend all you like, you can credit Unions and Progressive policies. The debate is not that these policies don't work in the short run it's that they destroy all countries in the long run, open a history book or just look at our own country... Your opinion is not going to change how the future plays out.

This is just history repeating itself.

1. Start taxing corporations and rich people again. Today they don't pay enough in taxes.
2. It wasn't social security, medicare or welfare that bankrupted the country.
3. The GOP bankrupted the country on purpose so they could end government programs and privatize The Commons
4. Take back the Federal Reserve. I believe there is 7 trillion of the 14 trillion that we can not account for. Ron Paul isn't the only one that wants to audit the Fed. Liberals do too.
5. Tarriffs, not tax breaks for overseas companies.
6. Close loopholes that allow rich people to not pay their fair share.
7. The rich have never been richer. The gap between the CEO and workers has never been wider. Pass a law that the CEO can't make anymore than 100 times the lowest paid worker. Then workers will once again share in their companies profits. They earned it, not only the CEO and Executives
8. Undo Citizens United and lets pass Campaign finance reform. And deal with out of control lobbyists. Take back our government. Right now it works for the top 1%, not us 99%.

You live in a weird world man... You want to attack Libertarians when they have not got jack shit of what they want, you attack Republicans because of policies they passed to grow Government, then you defend Liberals who also grow Government and pass the same polices as the Republicans you hate....

In fact you're not worth talking too because you're so bias and partisan. What repeals did Obama do with 2 years of a historic Democrats congress? Go ahead dumbass, here is your chance to really prove there is a difference between Dems who you claim are looking out for the people and Republican that destroy the nation.

Or wait, all the bad stuff done under Republicans is evil but when it's done under Democrats it's not their fault, somehow... And I'll bet anything you have a reason...

I'd bet you can defend

Afghanistan
Iraq
Homeland security
lowering of taxes during war time
Libya
Egypt
Iran
Massive debt spending
high unemployment
Re-passing the Bush era tax cuts
NDAA

And so on... I'll bet you can blame the fact that everything I listed, that Obama voted yes on can be spun as "Evil Republicans" somehow.... Making me ask the question. If Democrats can't change anything, why vote for them?

Just re read your moronic post I quoted and try shifting to 2008-20012… You know, when Obama was President, not some evil Republican… What happened????? Why didn't Obama close loopholes with taht Dem congres, raise taxes, end wars, do terrifs and take back the Federal Reserve....???????????

Oooooo, because of the evil Republicans that had a minority, I FORGOT!!!! 1 Republican is = to 12 Democrats....

1. Libertarians are just the GOP's plans on steroids. The only reason some moderates and independents and middle class like Libertarians is because they say a few things things that are true. We should legalize drugs, close military bases around the world and take back the federal reserve. The rest of what they believe is just extreme right wing bullshit.

2. I could answer all of those things, but I have done that hundreds of times and it does no good with you righties. You won't get it I promise. If you are disagree with me then there is no way anything I say is going to make sense to you.

So, you are not worth it.

I'm sorry for you.

Guess who is rich... Obama, Pelosi and Harry.... But the OP has a reason for why they are not selfish....

Without the charity of the rich our poor and indigent would be living in squalor. I don't judge the rich or the poor. Just the idiots, regardless of party or money.

The op is just a hardcore partisan. Politics almost seems more destructive to our country than religion or a foreign entity ever was.

Then again I'm only 43 and have only paid attention for about 15 years. And with this being my first venture into social media this may very well be par for the course. I try to tell myself that these are the extremes and just a small segment of those involved in politics.

I'm a political noob in essence lol

It really does not matter, you ca, spend all you like, you can credit Unions and Progressive policies. The debate is not that these policies don't work in the short run it's that they destroy all countries in the long run, open a history book or just look at our own country... Your opinion is not going to change how the future plays out.

This is just history repeating itself.

Yes, history does repeat itself.

Study the Robber Barons in the late 1800's.

Study how the Robber Baron's caused the Great Depression

And how the GOP treated Truman just like they are treating Obama. 1948 I believe. Almost EXACTLY the same thing happening today.

Or how the rich tried to pull a coup on FDR.

Today the rich completely run the GOP. The only other group the GOP answers to is the Evangelicals. Just look at Citizens United.

And its funny that the GOP cry that the government and economy isn't working and it is our fault yet it seem to be working just fine for the rich.

So middle class Republicans. If we will only allow the rich to do EVEN BETTER THAN THEY ALREADY ARE, somehow that's going to trickle down on the rest of us. But we haven't given them quite enough yet.

THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE THAT RUN THE GOP RUN THE DNC YOU DUMB FUCKING TROLL...

Holy fucking shit... Take that tin foil hate off. I just realized this thread belongs in the CT section.

But Ron Paul and Reagan are saints. :lol:

I'm sorry for you.

Without the charity of the rich our poor and indigent would be living in squalor. I don't judge the rich or the poor. Just the idiots, regardless of party or money.

The op is just a hardcore partisan. Politics almost seems more destructive to our country than religion or a foreign entity ever was.

Then again I'm only 43 and have only paid attention for about 15 years. And with this being my first venture into social media this may very well be par for the course. I try to tell myself that these are the extremes and just a small segment of those involved in politics.

Let me help you decide Mr. Undecided. You are a Republican.

Without the poor and middle class, who would buy the products that made the rich rich? Who would have done all the work?

You are a boob. The "charity" of the rich? Ever since the GOP have eliminated all the social programs that help the poor, millions more have slipped into poverty. The rich aren't doing their job or the number of people in poverty wouldn't be growing. This is why its our governments job to take care of the poor.

Great story for you Libertarians. When the bankers took over the Federal Reserve, they donated their fortunes to charity. Anyone who cried foul about them taking over the Federal Reserve was met by people like you who pointed to the bankers generosity. Moral of this story? Big fucking deal they donated millions when they knew they were going to be billionaires and today trillionaires. But they were sooo generous giving those millions away, huh? Meanwhile their control over our government is making us all poor. Now we need their charity. Fool.

And if it weren't for our government and unions and labor laws, the middle class would't exist. We would become the poor and indigent you are referring to.

Next time someone says, "when has a poor person ever created a job". Tell them in the 90's when the poor were working and spending. Money in their pockets created demand and that created jobs.

You need to wake up and pick a side. I love it how Republicans bash us liberals because our politicans aren't perfect when theirs are completely corrupt.

They don't even pretend to give a fuck about the middle class.

If you haven't picked a side, then you need to figure it out for yourself. Sorry I have fucking picked a side. Sorry its not the side you like. Please let us know when you get a clue and decide what side you are on. Then we can talk.

I'm sorry for you.

No they aren't. They understand that we can have a strong middle class AND they can be rich too. The GOP want us to take pay cuts so they can get richer. Remember they say they took all the risks and deserve all the profits.

And Warren Buffett and every other millionaire who agrees that they should not be getting the Bush tax cuts while the GOP continue to slash programs that help the poor. They aren't greedy either.

But Mitt, Herman Cain, Koch Brothers? Greedy bastards.

So anyone who's a Democrat is a partisan hack but you righties aren't?

Let me help you decide Mr. Undecided. You are a Republican.

Without the poor and middle class, who would buy the products that made the rich rich? Who would have done all the work?

You are a boob. The "charity" of the rich? Ever since the GOP have eliminated all the social programs that help the poor, millions more have slipped into poverty. The rich aren't doing their job or the number of people in poverty wouldn't be growing. This is why its our governments job to take care of the poor.

Great story for you Libertarians. When the bankers took over the Federal Reserve, they donated their fortunes to charity. Anyone who cried foul about them taking over the Federal Reserve was met by people like you who pointed to the bankers generosity. Moral of this story? Big fucking deal they donated millions when they knew they were going to be billionaires and today trillionaires. But they were sooo generous giving those millions away, huh? Meanwhile their control over our government is making us all poor. Now we need their charity. Fool.

And if it weren't for our government and unions and labor laws, the middle class would't exist. We would become the poor and indigent you are referring to.

Next time someone says, "when has a poor person ever created a job". Tell them in the 90's when the poor were working and spending. Money in their pockets created demand and that created jobs.

You need to wake up and pick a side. I love it how Republicans bash us liberals because our politicans aren't perfect when theirs are completely corrupt.

They don't even pretend to give a fuck about the middle class.

If you haven't picked a side, then you need to figure it out for yourself. Sorry I have fucking picked a side. Sorry its not the side you like. Please let us know when you get a clue and decide what side you are on. Then we can talk.

I've picked a "side" you moron. Have you not noticed me putting an (R) after my posts to you?

Sadly their is no party for you (CI) complete idiot

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.

It isn't libertarians who think that. It's economists. History demonstrates them to be 100% correct. "The tragedy of the commons" is a historical lesson in economics that shows why common ownership doesn't work.

The fact that you don't have the slightest understanding of the issue shows why idiots like you should never be allowed near a voting booth.

I'm sorry for you.

Sorry, let me make a correction. If you are rich and vote GOP, you are greedy. If you are middle class and vote GOP then you are stupid.

Claire MCCaskil's sister might be a Democrat. There are a lot of nice rich people. In fact, most millionaires are ok with us ending the Bush tax breaks.

Its the greedy Koch Brothers, oil barons, Healthcare giants, Herman Cain's of the world that are controlling the GOP. I don't think these Robber Baron's speak for all rich people. For example, all the rich people in Hollywood. A lot of them are not greedy. Probably because they came from the middle class and understand how good they have it.

The billionaires of the world, most of them were born into it and they hate the middle class.

You would think they wouldn't care about money because they have more than they could ever spend but its a game to them. Its about power now. Greedy corrupt power.

Most RW libertarians I talk to on the internet have so many conflicting opinions it makes my head hurt. One minute they are all about personal freedom and responsibility for themselves and the next they seem to have fascist opinions on dealing with social problems such as poverty, immigration and crime. I just cannot compartmentalize my opinions like that, for them all men are not created equal and American exceptionalism forgives all sins.

Apparently you don't know what the term fascist means.

To a libturd, "fascist" means "Republican," and that's all it means.

I'm sorry for you.

Sorry, let me make a correction. If you are rich and vote GOP, you are greedy. If you are middle class and vote GOP then you are stupid.

Claire MCCaskil's sister might be a Democrat. There are a lot of nice rich people. In fact, most millionaires are ok with us ending the Bush tax breaks.

Its the greedy Koch Brothers, oil barons, Healthcare giants, Herman Cain's of the world that are controlling the GOP. I don't think these Robber Baron's speak for all rich people. For example, all the rich people in Hollywood. A lot of them are not greedy. Probably because they came from the middle class and understand how good they have it.

The billionaires of the world, most of them were born into it and they hate the middle class.

You would think they wouldn't care about money because they have more than they could ever spend but its a game to them. Its about power now. Greedy corrupt power.

Link me to proof that billionaires hate the middleclass.

Otherwise stfu and reinsert your binkey.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.

It isn't libertarians who think that. It's economists. History demonstrates them to be 100% correct. "The tragedy of the commons" is a historical lesson in economics that shows why common ownership doesn't work.

The fact that you don't have the slightest understanding of the issue shows why idiots like you should never be allowed near a voting booth.

The Democracy we have here in America has never been tried before. A government run by we the people and not lords/kings/the rich.

And we have not failed. The rich have corrupted our goverment and they are purposely trying to make us fail. They want what Ron Paul wants.

FDR/Liberal way worked for 50 years until Reagan got into office and reversed course.

Fact is, you can't show me another society that ever tried Ron Paul's way and it worked.

Funny, you can't even get Republicans to buy into Ron Paul's philosophy. Why don't you get them to buy in, get him the GOP nomination and then maybe we can talk about if his ideas are good or not.

If you can't even win over conservatives, don't come yelling at us Liberals because we think you and Ron Paul are full of shit.

P.S. People who think like me are going to win in November. Why don't you kill yourself or move to another country. What country runs like Ron Paul wants to run the US? No other country in the world? Ever? Fuck off. :lol:

I disagree.

The Democracy we have here in America has never been tried before. A government run by we the people and not lords/kings/the rich.

And we have not failed. The rich have corrupted our goverment and they are purposely trying to make us fail. They want what Ron Paul wants.

FDR/Liberal way worked for 50 years until Reagan got into office and reversed course.

Fact is, you can't show me another society that ever tried Ron Paul's way and it worked.

Funny, you can't even get Republicans to buy into Ron Paul's philosophy. Why don't you get them to buy in, get him the GOP nomination and then maybe we can talk about if his ideas are good or not.

If you can't even win over conservatives, don't come yelling at us Liberals because we think you and Ron Paul are full of shit.

P.S. People who think like me are going to win in November. Why don't you kill yourself or move to another country. What country runs like Ron Paul wants to run the US? No other country in the world? Ever? Fuck off. :lol:

Abridged version:

I'm poor and need more hand outs.

I'm sorry for you.

Link me to proof that billionaires hate the middleclass.

Otherwise stfu and reinsert your binkey.

You bore me

Indiana Workers Stand against the ALEC Agenda and the Anti-Labor Bill Called the "Right to Work" (for Less) | Center for Media and Democracy

ALEC Exposed - Alec Exposed

Abridged version:

I'm poor and need more hand outs.

Abridged version:

I'm not poor and don't want to give handouts to people that need them because a small few might be taking advantage of the system.

You can't say tell me that you give to charity and/or care about helping the poor and then tell me that you are against your government helping the poor. Just not buying it. Chances are you are a selfish greedy bastard because that is how you think politically.

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.

Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.

And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

I disagree.

Alright, bobo, you take nap time now.

The village farmers will be OK. Big people walk around and look at village farmers, make sure they happy folk.

KMD-SLEEPYTIME.JPG

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back