Why I can no longer call myself an Evangelical Republican

The President of the United States endorsed an accused child molester. That stain will always and forever be on Trump.

He just did more damage to the office of the President than any of his predecessors, including Clinton and Nixon.

A new low.
And you supported a known RAPIST (Bill Clinton), and the MURDERER of a young woman (Ted Kennedy).
Rapists, baby killers and murderers are the left's favorite group of people.

Second favorite...pedophiles, drug addicts and gang members.
Straw man fallacies are one of the favorite arguments of you tards.

That's because you have no principles left. You are dead inside.

No, it's because you people are that disgusting.
Culls.
"you people" :lol:

I feel sorry for you.

I really do.

I think if Francken returned on a platform of pure unbridled depravity the left would choose him as their presidential candidate...and they would bus in illegals and the mentally ill from all over the world to vote for him.
So you thought you would do me a favor and prove me correct, eh?

Thanks!

Poor bastards. With their souls dead, they have become unhinged.

Pray for them.

Seriously. Not kidding.

Pray for them. Only God Himself can save them now. They are beyond the reach of any human power.

I think the evangelicals who voted for Trump were just among the disaffected. What's the gop ever done for them. With Trump they at least saw "a strong leader," and one committed to helping protect Israel for the Rapture. No sense picking on them for following a false prophet anymore than the rest of the Trump posse was sold a lie.

Terrific post, oreo.

I’m an Independent and I support ideas from both the liberal and conservative sides. No one has a monopoly on good ideas, and neither party has a lock on what it takes to be a “good” and honorable person. The hyper-partisanship we see all around us has grown and worsened, I believe, because so many Americans have been manipulated by the super-rich whose only real loyalty is to their fucking bank accounts.

Evangelicals have surprised me. I used to think they had a genuine moral foundation and principles on which they based their actions. Seeing them in full support of trump and the other deviant, Moore, has changed that. I now believe most of them are total hypocrites, not worth listening to, or taking seriously.

I hope some sanity will eventually return to our politics and that the poisonous rhetoric will be dialed down. We’re all Americans, and we should begin acting like it. Neither party has all the answers, and compromise is NOT a dirty word. Most importantly, there are many good people on both sides, and it’s foolish and ignorant to believe otherwise.

Another liar.
It must be sad to be you...

"There are times in life when the institutional ground underneath you begins to crumble — and with it, longstanding attachments. Such is the case for me when it comes to the Republican Party and evangelicalism.

I’ve been a part of both for my entire adult life. These days, though, in many important ways they are having harmful effects on our society.

The latest example is in Alabama, where Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate, stands accused of varying degrees of sexual misconduct by nine women, including one who was 14 years old at the time. Mr. Moore leads in most polls, and solidly among most evangelicals, heading into Tuesday’s election.

Yet the support being given by many Republicans and white evangelicals to President Trump and now to Mr. Moore have caused me to rethink my identification with both groups. Not because my attachment to conservatism and Christianity has weakened, but rather the opposite. I consider Mr. Trump’s Republican Party to be a threat to conservatism, and I have concluded that the term evangelical — despite its rich history of proclaiming the “good news” of Christ to a broken world — has been so distorted that it is now undermining the Christian witness.

Assume you were a person of the left and an atheist, and you decided to create a couple of people in a laboratory to discredit the Republican Party and white evangelical Christianity. You could hardly choose two more perfect men than Donald Trump and Roy Moore."
excellent article more at this link.
Opinion | Why I Can No Longer Call Myself an Evangelical Republican

How could 81% of Evangelicals cast a vote for a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no decency and the only loyality he has ever shown to anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin? How do Evangelicals stand up in support of a man that has been accused repeatedly of being a child molestor?

All over this country there were white male pastors that were singing Trump's praises during the campaign season. Including Mike Huckabee, Billy Graham Jr. & several others. Where did Evangelicals lose their way? Another good article. How the bible belt lost God and found Trump.
How the Bible Belt lost God and found Trump

By doing this, do they have any idea how many they have chased away from the teachings of Jesus Christ? How many refuse to go church today, because they so heavily supported Donald Trump. They instead, have made a mockery of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Yet today, there are Evangelicals in Alabama that refer to themselves as Christians supporting Roy Moore.

As the above article (How they lost GOD and found Trump) explains -most of their political interest is centered around abortion. Which is a 46 year old U.S. Supreme Court already settled issue. One that Neil Gorsuch, Trump's nominee, stated during confirmation hearings: That Roe v Wade is precedent in the Constitution, meaning set in stone.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

So are they really Christians? I don't think so. I think they're red hat Jesus followers more than anything.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F9cd042a2-1f96-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

And you're now comparing Jesus to a child molestor---:badgrin:
No, dumbass. I SAID, Jesus was FALSELY ACCUSED.

Roy Moore was ACCUSED.

NOT CONVICTED.

The OP just chose a guy who supports the murder of INNOCENT UNBORN CHILDREN over 40 year old accusations.

Any politician that is campaigning on US Supreme court issues has a very large group of ignorant supporters, that should not be voting, much less be involved in politics.

You cannot legislate your version of morality from Washington DC..Any politician that tells you differently is lying through their teeth for donations and votes.

Last edited:
Terrific post, oreo.

I’m an Independent and I support ideas from both the liberal and conservative sides. No one has a monopoly on good ideas, and neither party has a lock on what it takes to be a “good” and honorable person. The hyper-partisanship we see all around us has grown and worsened, I believe, because so many Americans have been manipulated by the super-rich whose only real loyalty is to their fucking bank accounts.

Evangelicals have surprised me. I used to think they had a genuine moral foundation and principles on which they based their actions. Seeing them in full support of trump and the other deviant, Moore, has changed that. I now believe most of them are total hypocrites, not worth listening to, or taking seriously.

I hope some sanity will eventually return to our politics and that the poisonous rhetoric will be dialed down. We’re all Americans, and we should begin acting like it. Neither party has all the answers, and compromise is NOT a dirty word. Most importantly, there are many good people on both sides, and it’s foolish and ignorant to believe otherwise.

Another liar.

Well it's not great to be aware of the degree of depravity of the left...there is nothing pleasant about you people. Nothing worthwhile. Nothing that recommends protection and glorification.

But I have joy in my life despite your disgusting actions and example. I embrace humanity and God, and that provides a joy you poor sad sacks can't conceive of, let alone recognize.

Terrific post, oreo.

Another liar.

Well it's not great to be aware of the degree of depravity of the left...there is nothing pleasant about you people. Nothing worthwhile. Nothing that recommends protection and glorification.

But I have joy in my life despite your disgusting actions and example. I embrace humanity and God, and that provides a joy you poor sad sacks can't conceive of, let alone recognize.

You're no Christian if you voted for Donald Trump or Roy Moore. You just make Christianity what you want it to be, when it's convenient for you.

"There are times in life when the institutional ground underneath you begins to crumble — and with it, longstanding attachments. Such is the case for me when it comes to the Republican Party and evangelicalism.

I’ve been a part of both for my entire adult life. These days, though, in many important ways they are having harmful effects on our society.

The latest example is in Alabama, where Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate, stands accused of varying degrees of sexual misconduct by nine women, including one who was 14 years old at the time. Mr. Moore leads in most polls, and solidly among most evangelicals, heading into Tuesday’s election.

Yet the support being given by many Republicans and white evangelicals to President Trump and now to Mr. Moore have caused me to rethink my identification with both groups. Not because my attachment to conservatism and Christianity has weakened, but rather the opposite. I consider Mr. Trump’s Republican Party to be a threat to conservatism, and I have concluded that the term evangelical — despite its rich history of proclaiming the “good news” of Christ to a broken world — has been so distorted that it is now undermining the Christian witness.

Assume you were a person of the left and an atheist, and you decided to create a couple of people in a laboratory to discredit the Republican Party and white evangelical Christianity. You could hardly choose two more perfect men than Donald Trump and Roy Moore."

How could 81% of Evangelicals cast a vote for a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no decency and the only loyality he has ever shown to anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin? How do Evangelicals stand up in support of a man that has been accused repeatedly of being a child molestor?

All over this country there were white male pastors that were singing Trump's praises during the campaign season. Including Mike Huckabee, Billy Graham Jr. & several others. Where did Evangelicals lose their way? Another good article. How the bible belt lost God and found Trump.

By doing this, do they have any idea how many they have chased away from the teachings of Jesus Christ? How many refuse to go church today, because they so heavily supported Donald Trump. They instead, have made a mockery of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Yet today, there are Evangelicals in Alabama that refer to themselves as Christians supporting Roy Moore.

As the above article (How they lost GOD and found Trump) explains -most of their political interest is centered around abortion. Which is a 46 year old U.S. Supreme Court already settled issue. One that Neil Gorsuch, Trump's nominee, stated during confirmation hearings: That Roe v Wade is precedent in the Constitution, meaning set in stone.

So are they really Christians? I don't think so. I think they're red hat Jesus followers more than anything.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F9cd042a2-1f96-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

Call somebody that gives a shit...

We'll remember that line next time you post.

Terrific post, oreo.

Another liar.

^^^^^ This is a prime example of the evangelical delusion.

I used to call myself a Democrat.....but then I grew the fuck up....

I can't understand why you're posting to me. I try my best to ignore you and your posts. Shall we agree to do that?

By the way, the right is filled with hypocritical sacks of shit. You just choose to ignore that fact.
----------
John Bolton Bush's appointee ambassador to United Nations, corroborated allegations that Mr. Bolton’s first wife, Christina Bolton, was forced to engage in group sex have not been refuted by the State Department.

Mike Bowers Former State Attorney General, prosecuted the famous Bowers vs. Hardwick case, based on Georgia anti-sodomy laws. Admitted to a 10-year adulterous affair.

Andrew Buhr, Republican politician, former committeeman for Hadley Township Missouri, was charged with two counts of first degree sodomy with a 13-year old boy.

Ted Bundy campaigned for the Republican Party. Infamous serial rapist who murdered 16 women.

Jim Bunn Congressman of Oregon: With his success due in great part to support from the Christian Coalition, Bunn won his congressional seat, then left his wife (and mother of his five children), married a staffer, and put his new wife on the state payroll with a salary of $97,500.

John Allen Burt, Republican anti-abortion activist, convicted of sexually molesting a 15 year old girl at the home for troubled girls that he ran.

Dan Burton, Republican Congressman who, while married, fathered a child by another woman.

Last edited:
I look at evangelical RW's as used car/snake oil salesmen.

have an affair, cry on television one year- stand up and ask decent people for their $$ the next year.

or that 85 year old dope with shoe polish black hair selling magic spring water
or dips like Tilton who took your $$ for a prayer then got thrown out of town and off tv
any of the "instant healers"
or anyone who can lay a hand on your forehead and VIOLA - youre saved!!!!!!

nah, thumpers lost me when I was in high school. I'm out.

Then Houston has a more recent example to illustrate your comments: Joel Osteen
During Hurricane Harvey he wouldn't open the doors to his 16,000-seat mega-church to people who were fleeing from high water.
He stated it was because the church was flooded.
He lied. Just the parking garage under the church had taken on water.
So after that little fact was made public, he reluctantly let the flood victims in.
Evangelicals are nothing but the shit-stain of America.

Terrific post, oreo.

Another liar.

^^^^^ This is a prime example of the evangelical delusion.
#1, no it's not, and #2, in re: "evangelical":

inigo.jpeg

Terrific post, oreo.

Another liar.

You're no Christian if you voted for Donald Trump or Roy Moore. You just make Christianity what you want it to be, when it's convenient for you.
It must be IRONY day in your town.

I am not an evangelical, nor am I a Trump supporter. I too am dismayed though not surprised by their seeming hypocrisy.

But I'm going to offer you a defense of them.

First, until Trump was nominated, character apparently mattered to evangelicals. But when Trump was nominated, character became less important to evangelicals than anybody else.

POLL: White Evangelicals Have Warmed To Politicians Who Commit 'Immoral' Acts

Evangelicals are no different than anyone else. People engage in confirmation bias to rationalize away things that don't support their worldview. That's why by a wide margin, evangelicals thought the women whom have accused Roy Moore of lying. Democrats did the same thing when Bill Clinton was accused of inappropriate sexual conduct when he was President.

I understand that an evangelical conservative Republican would be dismayed and even disgusted by Trump and Roy Moore. But what the last year shows you is that evangelicals are just as human - and flawed - as everyone else.

The President of the United States endorsed an accused child molester. That stain will always and forever be on Trump.

He just did more damage to the office of the President than any of his predecessors, including Clinton and Nixon.

A new low.
And you supported a known RAPIST (Bill Clinton), and the MURDERER of a young woman (Ted Kennedy).
Nope. Liar.

I hated both of them.

Nice try, loser.

You should have read my other posts in this topic before making a complete ass of yourself.
Look at the thread string. Was I talking to you? Nope.

I am not an evangelical, nor am I a Trump supporter. I too am dismayed though not surprised by their seeming hypocrisy.

But I'm going to offer you a defense of them.

First, until Trump was nominated, character apparently mattered to evangelicals. But when Trump was nominated, character became less important to evangelicals than anybody else.

POLL: White Evangelicals Have Warmed To Politicians Who Commit 'Immoral' Acts

Evangelicals are no different than anyone else. People engage in confirmation bias to rationalize away things that don't support their worldview. That's why by a wide margin, evangelicals thought the women whom have accused Roy Moore of lying. Democrats did the same thing when Bill Clinton was accused of inappropriate sexual conduct when he was President.

I understand that an evangelical conservative Republican would be dismayed and even disgusted by Trump and Roy Moore. But what the last year shows you is that evangelicals are just as human - and flawed - as everyone else.

All this based on the atheist misconception of what *evangelical* and *christian* mean...

Trump is evangelical, btw. You fools think *evangelical* means...I don't know. Free of sin? Pious? Celibate?

It is of course none of those things.

You guys like to use words you don't understand...and then pretend that the world shares the same skewed view.

"How could 81% of Evangelicals cast a vote for a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no decency and the only loyality he has ever shown to anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin? How do Evangelicals stand up in support of a man that has been accused repeatedly of being a child molestor?"

How could anyone who calls himself a ‘Christian’ support any politician – such as Trump and Moore – who is a purveyor of bigotry, hate, and ignorance.

Forum List

Back