Why I can no longer call myself an Evangelical Republican

I'm still waiting to find out why:
Obama hasn't been arrested for impersonating an American citizen with a social security number from Connecticut, a fake birth certificate, a sealed record from Columbia University and wire-tapping many political opponents?

Why Hillary hasn't been arrested for:
  • fraud in trading cattle futures,
  • Vince Foster's death,
  • the numerous rapes, assaults, threats and character assassinations of the women victimized by the Clintons,
  • the 100 missing pages of legal records in Whitewater that when surfaced 2 years later showed she was guilty,
  • for the trading of donations by Chinese corporations to the Clintons in exchange for many top U.S. confidential technological secrets,
  • the stealing of many confidential tax records against many of their political opponents,
  • the attempted theft of $190,000 worth of White House property upon leaving office, doing $14,000 worth of damage to the property,
  • getting huge political donations for Hillary from a person who was then absolved of his tax crimes and pardoned by Bill,
  • taking huge political contributions from an agent for the Iranian government before then swinging deals in favor of Iran,
  • having a Chief-of-Staff linked to the Muslim Brotherhood,
  • pay-to-play russian contributions leading up to the release of nuclear material back to them,
  • ignoring HUNDREDS of pleas for reinforcements or evacuation from Benghazi that lead to the deaths of four men in order to cover up illegal gun-running operations, then tried to cover it up with a phony story that it was all started because of some movie,
  • the felony mishandling of many top secret documents that compromised and did harm to intelligence operations around the world through an illegal, unsecured server, then the destruction of tens of thousands of government files and records, hard drives, phones and other devices after their being subpoenaed in order to cover up the crimes,
  • financing a fake dossier against one political opponent while rigging the election against her other opponent hoping it would be enough to throw both Bernie and Donald Trump out of the race so that she would be president.
Why
Eric Holder,
John Podesta,
Valerie Jarrett,
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz
Lois Lerner,
John Koskinen,
James Comey,
Huma Abedin,
Susan Rice,
and
Loretta Lynch haven't been arrested yet for everything from illegal gun operations leading to the death of others, to using an illegal Pakistani computer expert who then tried to flee the country, violating many people's civil rights in order to swing the 2012 election in favor of Obama to get him reelected, tampered with an FBI investigation, lied to cover up crimes, and met privately with a suspect under federal investigation just prior to their being released from investigation?
Because it's 99% bullshit.

Of even only 1% of that is true, then you are admitting to a HUGE amount of unprosecuted crime!

"There are times in life when the institutional ground underneath you begins to crumble — and with it, longstanding attachments. Such is the case for me when it comes to the Republican Party and evangelicalism.

I’ve been a part of both for my entire adult life. These days, though, in many important ways they are having harmful effects on our society.

The latest example is in Alabama, where Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate, stands accused of varying degrees of sexual misconduct by nine women, including one who was 14 years old at the time. Mr. Moore leads in most polls, and solidly among most evangelicals, heading into Tuesday’s election.

Yet the support being given by many Republicans and white evangelicals to President Trump and now to Mr. Moore have caused me to rethink my identification with both groups. Not because my attachment to conservatism and Christianity has weakened, but rather the opposite. I consider Mr. Trump’s Republican Party to be a threat to conservatism, and I have concluded that the term evangelical — despite its rich history of proclaiming the “good news” of Christ to a broken world — has been so distorted that it is now undermining the Christian witness.

Assume you were a person of the left and an atheist, and you decided to create a couple of people in a laboratory to discredit the Republican Party and white evangelical Christianity. You could hardly choose two more perfect men than Donald Trump and Roy Moore."
excellent article more at this link.
Opinion | Why I Can No Longer Call Myself an Evangelical Republican

How could 81% of Evangelicals cast a vote for a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no decency and the only loyality he has ever shown to anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin? How do Evangelicals stand up in support of a man that has been accused repeatedly of being a child molestor?

All over this country there were white male pastors that were singing Trump's praises during the campaign season. Including Mike Huckabee, Billy Graham Jr. & several others. Where did Evangelicals lose their way? Another good article. How the bible belt lost God and found Trump.
How the Bible Belt lost God and found Trump

By doing this, do they have any idea how many they have chased away from the teachings of Jesus Christ? How many refuse to go church today, because they so heavily supported Donald Trump. They instead, have made a mockery of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Yet today, there are Evangelicals in Alabama that refer to themselves as Christians supporting Roy Moore.

As the above article (How they lost GOD and found Trump) explains -most of their political interest is centered around abortion. Which is a 46 year old U.S. Supreme Court already settled issue. One that Neil Gorsuch, Trump's nominee, stated during confirmation hearings: That Roe v Wade is precedent in the Constitution, meaning set in stone.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

So are they really Christians? I don't think so. I think they're red hat Jesus followers more than anything.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F9cd042a2-1f96-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

Well said and on point. You can't claim to be a Christian and then support the most immoral person to ever run for high office in Trump. Yet 80% of 'evangelicals' in the US did. I agree, they are not Christians, they pretend to be but they aren't.

And he Trump, who is a self-admitted sexual predator, now supports an accused pedophile for high office in Alabama.

There is no way to reconcile these things for true Christians or Republicans. Trump supporters reject Christ. As do the vast majority of evangelicals voting for Roy Moore.

Why hasn't Moore been arrested? Sexual activities with a minor is
a crime.

Statute of limitations has expired.

Well, that's what happens when you wait 4 fucking decades.

Something wrong when you can get a man fired for something on your word alone with no proof that you waited four decades to even bring up, but a hospital can harm a patient leaving him too sick to hardly move or get out of bed for three years, then when finally well enough and recovered to seek recourse be told that the time has expired to pursue legal action!

Last edited:
"There are times in life when the institutional ground underneath you begins to crumble — and with it, longstanding attachments. Such is the case for me when it comes to the Republican Party and evangelicalism.

I’ve been a part of both for my entire adult life. These days, though, in many important ways they are having harmful effects on our society.

The latest example is in Alabama, where Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate, stands accused of varying degrees of sexual misconduct by nine women, including one who was 14 years old at the time. Mr. Moore leads in most polls, and solidly among most evangelicals, heading into Tuesday’s election.

Yet the support being given by many Republicans and white evangelicals to President Trump and now to Mr. Moore have caused me to rethink my identification with both groups. Not because my attachment to conservatism and Christianity has weakened, but rather the opposite. I consider Mr. Trump’s Republican Party to be a threat to conservatism, and I have concluded that the term evangelical — despite its rich history of proclaiming the “good news” of Christ to a broken world — has been so distorted that it is now undermining the Christian witness.

Assume you were a person of the left and an atheist, and you decided to create a couple of people in a laboratory to discredit the Republican Party and white evangelical Christianity. You could hardly choose two more perfect men than Donald Trump and Roy Moore."

How could 81% of Evangelicals cast a vote for a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no decency and the only loyality he has ever shown to anyone was to himself and Vladimir Putin? How do Evangelicals stand up in support of a man that has been accused repeatedly of being a child molestor?

All over this country there were white male pastors that were singing Trump's praises during the campaign season. Including Mike Huckabee, Billy Graham Jr. & several others. Where did Evangelicals lose their way? Another good article. How the bible belt lost God and found Trump.

By doing this, do they have any idea how many they have chased away from the teachings of Jesus Christ? How many refuse to go church today, because they so heavily supported Donald Trump. They instead, have made a mockery of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Yet today, there are Evangelicals in Alabama that refer to themselves as Christians supporting Roy Moore.

As the above article (How they lost GOD and found Trump) explains -most of their political interest is centered around abortion. Which is a 46 year old U.S. Supreme Court already settled issue. One that Neil Gorsuch, Trump's nominee, stated during confirmation hearings: That Roe v Wade is precedent in the Constitution, meaning set in stone.

So are they really Christians? I don't think so. I think they're red hat Jesus followers more than anything.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F9cd042a2-1f96-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

Which teaching of Christ was the one you convict people and destroy them over hearsay and unproven allegations again? It’s been a while since I heard that sermon.

Time and time again we see the left and others like the OP, assume Moore's guilt with exactly zero evidence. Then they base this entire diatribe on why anyone would vote for the guy since he did what he did. It's nuts, these people are insane.
The same can be said about the Clinton scandal. Time and again his enemies cited instances of sexual assault without evidence. All that was based on what some women said, exactly the same situation we have now. Why were Clinton's accusers believable, but Moore's aren't?

Who said they were believable though there was ONE case that seemed beyond reasonable doubt....stains on that blue dress sorta thingy. I wanted to see them ALL in court. Now it is quite true that as yet there is NOTHING PROVED IN COURT even against Weinstein. If, as he says, it was all consensual then where is the crime? Ditto for old Bill....and as for the allegation against Moore? Frankly that's just stretching it too far. I really do hope to see THAT in court!!

Greg

Time and time again we see the left and others like the OP, assume Moore's guilt with exactly zero evidence. Then they base this entire diatribe on why anyone would vote for the guy since he did what he did. It's nuts, these people are insane.
The same can be said about the Clinton scandal. Time and again his enemies cited instances of sexual assault without evidence. All that was based on what some women said, exactly the same situation we have now. Why were Clinton's accusers believable, but Moore's aren't?
No dumbass, learn history before you open your pie hole. There was evidence, DNA evidence.
DNA evidence of what? If you're talking Monica, that was consensual. I was addressing accusations of assault.
It came out and was used to show a pattern of abuse. Not to mention that he lied to congress under oath.
None of which exonerates Moore and just serves as deflection from the current controversy.

Stop moving the goalposts, you mentioned Clinton. You have zero evidence against Moore. None.

It's impossible not to see the hypocrisy of the evangelicals profess their love and devotion to a child molester and serial sex offender.
It's amazing how very few of these holy rollers have had the light bulb turned on moment.
When you support a guy that has said he'd get rid of the amendment that gave women the right to vote and that " drive by shootings are the result of evolution being taught in schools" among so many other freaky bizarre type things and POTUS supports that type of insanity, well we've literally entered into the Twilight Zone.

Oh you liberals on your high horse. I am not Evangelical or even Christian, but don’t debase them based on this. Moore latest accusation was 40 yrs ago, Evangelicals believe in redemption and that a man can change over time. Moore’s opponent is a self-righteous leftist who will do great harm to this country.

Pray for Moore’s victory!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Which teaching of Christ was the one you convict people and destroy them over hearsay and unproven allegations again? It’s been a while since I heard that sermon.

Pay no attention to the Oreo Cookie, I don't. The Bible doesn't teach that, the DNC does. Guilty or not, that is for the courts to decide. All these people saying how they are "convinced" or "know" Moore is a child molester on their "belief" in the "credibility" of the accusers or the weight of past events and are ready if not already convicting him (and others) on that basis alone, that isn't the Bible talking, that is the philosophy of the DNC.

All these people who rant about the popular vote and Hillary having won it, that isn't a representative republic, that is the sour grapes of a PURE DEMOCRACY. But democracy is good, right? No! Democracy is very bad, that is why the Founders chose otherwise. 'Democracy' is a nice word for MOB RULES.

RULE OF THE MOB, the majority, that is the "popular vote." If 51% decide to take your home and children, guess what? THEY ARE THE MAJORITY! That was the popular vote and the mob rules. That is what so many sick-minded Leftist Liberals are constantly championing for. "But Hillary won the popular vote! We are in the majority!" "I believe Moore's (or anyone else's) accusers!" Rah. Rah. The Founders created the Rule of LAW to decide guilt or innocence, not MOB MAJORITY, otherwise, anytime the majority wanted something, right or wrong, they would just TAKE IT. No hearing, no trial, no guidelines, no law, no precedence, none of the accused being allowed to present a defense. Just a MOB.

And that is the DNC. That is the Hillary supporter. That is the Moore basher. This is nothing new to the Democrats. They are used to and LIKE mob rule. You accuse a person, try them on the spot, find them guilty and HANG THEM. For 200 years they have preached and practiced LYNCHING PEOPLE. They used to lynch Blacks down south under the banner of the KKK. Now they are ready again to rise up to lynch the latest new "villain." First it was Blacks, then it was something else, now they have accused child molesters to STRING UP before any facts are known, before anything is proven, to satisfy the mob. Hey Democrats, its another good day for a HANGING, right?!

17996122_1_l.jpg

The faces have changed over the years, but the mentality, excuses and methods of the Mob-driven Left have not changed one bit. If a person is truly guilty, that shall be decided by the Courts, not YOU.

Last edited:
Evangelical and Republican is a contradiction in terms

As the video states- "how many women need to come forward before you believe them." Men don't attack women in front of witness's.

The FATE of the entire Republican party lies in the hands of Alabamians today. If they elect Roy Moore today, they will have given Democrats a very explosive weapon to be used in the midterm election cycle. Add Trump to that ticket and it's weapon's of mass destruction.

These 4 girls become the poster girls of the Democrat party.

moore1108promoimage-blackborder.jpg

Furthermore, these girls, now women did come come forward, they were FOUND by the Washington Post. Indicating that there were formal complaints filed against Roy Moore, possibly decades ago, that were probably ignored because of his status as an Assistant District attorney.

Too add--that the Republican Governor in that state, stated she BELIEVED these women, but she was still going to vote for Roy Moore, indicating that she has seen something that makes her believe them.

So at your peril vote for Roy Moore. This deck has not been played out yet.

Last edited:
`
My theory is the political evangelicals think God will forgive them because Moore will advance "Dominion Theology", which is part the evangelical belief. In other words, the ends justify the means.

Agreed, I grew up acting like a Christian. Being fair and decent with others is a Christian character trait. You know "do onto others as you would have them do onto you." Very basic. Somewhere along this line--Republican Evangelicals lost their Christian sole. They no longer can see the big picture of what it is to call yourself a Christian, nor what it means.

It doesn't mean you can quote scripture in the bible---it's what is in your sole that counts, and your character and how you behave is a reflection of that Christian sole.

Donald Trump & Roy Moore have never represented an ounce of it, in their behavior, their tweets, and what they say.
Nobody has a “sole”, idiot.

a crime.

Interesting...eh?

If he was soooooooo evil, why in the hell does she wait 40 fuckin' years?
This isn't the first time he's been in the news or run for some political
office.

Maybe the price wasn't right that was being offered to her...huh?

I'll tell you what I'll do...just to be fair. I'll ponder this entire situation
and give you my response in 40 years.

a crime.

Interesting...eh?

Have you ever spoken to a victim of child molestation, fuckhead?

It is very common for them to remain silent for decades, with horrible personal consequences to themselves and everyone around them.

It is very, very common for a victim to blank an experience out of their mind, or try to forget what happened as best they can.

And I have not heard a single one of you fucking creeps ask why the accusers against the Democrats or Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein or Dustin Hoffman waited so long.

Not one of you. You REEK of hypocrisy.

So fuck you.

As the video states- "how many women need to come forward before you believe them." Men don't attack women in front of witness's.

The FATE of the entire Republican party lies in the hands of Alabamians today. If they elect Roy Moore today, they will have given Democrats a very explosive weapon to be used in the midterm election cycle. Add Trump to that ticket and it's weapon's of mass destruction.

Furthermore, these girls, now women did come come forward, they were FOUND by the Washington Post. Indicating that there were formal complaints filed against Roy Moore, possibly decades ago, that were probably ignored because of his status as an Assistant District attorney.

Too add--that the Republican Governor in that state, stated she BELIEVED these women, but she was still going to vote for Roy Moore, indicating that she has seen something that makes her believe them.

"The fate of the entire Republican Party lies in the hands of Alabamians
today!"

Huh?

ROTFLMFAO!!!

If you can't beat this guy today...the 2020 Presidential Debate will be
the Republican Candidate vs the Greens Party Candidate.

a crime.

Interesting...eh?

Have you ever spoken to a victim of child molestation, fuckhead?

It is very common for them to remain silent for decades, with horrible personal consequences to themselves and everyone around them.

It is very, very common for a victim to blank an experience out of their mind, or try to forget what happened as best they can.

And I have not heard a single one of you fucking creeps ask why the accusers against the Democrats or Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein or Dustin Hoffman waited so long.

Not one of you. You REEK of hypocrisy.

So fuck you.

Struck a nerve...Huh, Hot Shot?

`
My theory is the political evangelicals think God will forgive them because Moore will advance "Dominion Theology", which is part the evangelical belief. In other words, the ends justify the means.

Agreed, I grew up acting like a Christian. Being fair and decent with others is a Christian character trait. You know "do onto others as you would have them do onto you." Very basic. Somewhere along this line--Republican Evangelicals lost their Christian sole. They no longer can see the big picture of what it is to call yourself a Christian, nor what it means.

It doesn't mean you can quote scripture in the bible---it's what is in your sole that counts, and your character and how you behave is a reflection of that Christian sole.

Donald Trump & Roy Moore have never represented an ounce of it, in their behavior, their tweets, and what they say.
Nobody has a “sole”, idiot.

you have two .. one on each foot ... ya idget.

"The fate of the entire Republican Party lies in the hands of Alabamians
today!"

Huh?

ROTFLMFAO!!!

If you can't beat this guy today...the 2020 Presidential Debate will be
the Republican Candidate vs the Greens Party Candidate.

No you'll be facing a blue dog democrat in 2020--they have made a comeback in the races in Virginia and New Jersey.

People in this country are sick and tired of the far out left and the right wing nutcases. The middle is the majority in this country and they will be picking the candidates from here on out.

120416_bluedogs_wuerker_328.jpg

Blue Dogs eye comeback in 2018

Forum List

Back