Why I became a Republican...

i remember the people cheering, crying with joy and clapping when the judge sentenced him to death .... there are some twisted folks in this world ....

Why are they twisted?

Now the SOB will do life on death row. He is in CA and they do take their time carrying out the sentence

Why are they twisted?

Now the SOB will do life on death row. He is in CA and they do take their time carrying out the sentence

I don't support the Death Penalty, mainly because I don't want to take the chance of killing someone on Death Row by mistake.

I do support Life, without Parole, doing Hard Labor or put in solitude for the rest of their lives.

That being said rsr, in California, (surprisingly), there is the Death Penalty for murdering 2 people, of which he did.

And as you have said, in California he will have years on death row, perhaps close to a Decade or more with all of the "reviews, requests, and appeals" allowed by their laws surrounding the death sentence....

If he were in any way an innocent man, (which in this case he is not imo)their slow process before execution should vet this out.

And a Good Sunday Morning to you rsr! :D

Care

I don't support the Death Penalty, mainly because I don't want to take the chance of killing someone on Death Row by mistake.

I do support Life, without Parole, doing Hard Labor or put in solitude for the rest of their lives.

That being said rsr, in California, (surprisingly), there is the Death Penalty for murdering 2 people, of which he did.

And as you have said, in California he will have years on death row, perhaps close to a Decade or more with all of the "reviews, requests, and appeals" allowed by their laws surrounding the death sentence....

If he were in any way an innocent man, (which in this case he is not imo)their slow process before execution should vet this out.

And a Good Sunday Morning to you rsr! :D

Care

Care, it will be about 20 years until the creep has to start worrying about being put to death

In the meantime, he is well taken care of at taxpayer expense

With DNA - an innocent man will not be put on death row

Care, it will be about 20 years until the creep has to start worrying about being put to death

In the meantime, he is well taken care of at taxpayer expense

With DNA - an innocent man will not be put on death row

The two things I hilighted in bold are debatable rsr.

If there was no death Sentence, and only life without Parole for these type criminals, studies show that it would cost the tax payers less to pay for a person that has Life, without Parole, even if it were someone young.

The cost to the tax payers are higher for the Death Sentence because of the necessary appeals before letting our government, execute someone, in our names and in the name of justice.

So yes, you are right it does cost alot, for all of the appeals the accused gets on Death Row, more than it would if we provided room and board in solitude for the rest the criminal's life.

But, this expense is necessary imo.

------------------------------------------------------

On the second statement that I take issue with is your comment on DNA and murder.

MOST, murder cases DO NOT have any DNA evidence available.

It is not as though all murders involve rape, where they can get DNA evidence.

A gun does not leave DNA evidence, in most circumstances. These murders are solved through many other kind of evidence, even circumstantial evidence can convict someone of murder "beyond a reasonable doubt".

The people getting off of death row now through The Innocence Project, are getting off because their murders involved cases where there was DNA evidence available, like in rape cases, where sperm was collected and a DNA profile was able to be done on that...

Soooooooo, DNA evidence is really not the said all and be all answer to NOT convicting an innocent man to his death.

care

The two things I hilighted in bold are debatable rsr.

If there was no death Sentence, and only life without Parole for these type criminals, studies show that it would cost the tax payers less to pay for a person that has Life, without Parole, even if it were someone young.

The cost to the tax payers are higher for the Death Sentence because of the necessary appeals before letting our government, execute someone, in our names and in the name of justice.

So yes, you are right it does cost alot, for all of the appeals the accused gets on Death Row, more than it would if we provided room and board in solitude for the rest the criminal's life.

But, this expense is necessary imo.

------------------------------------------------------

On the second statement that I take issue with is your comment on DNA and murder.

MOST, murder cases DO NOT have any DNA evidence available.

It is not as though all murders involve rape, where they can get DNA evidence.

A gun does not leave DNA evidence, in most circumstances. These murders are solved through many other kind of evidence, even circumstantial evidence can convict someone of murder "beyond a reasonable doubt".

The people getting off of death row now through The Innocence Project, are getting off because their murders involved cases where there was DNA evidence available, like in rape cases, where sperm was collected and a DNA profile was able to be done on that...

Soooooooo, DNA evidence is really not the said all and be all answer to NOT convicting an innocent man to his death.

care

Care, he can easily kill another inmate, or a member of the prison staff. The creep should have 1 appeal - then carry out the sentence

Libs are way to soft on crime - that is why this bastard will sopend 20 years waiting for justice. Then we will have to watch the libs beg for mercy of his behalf

As far as DNA - Care, you cannot wlak into a room and not leave a trace. The science is there - and I do beleive iof DNA proved you killed someone - death is the sentence you should get

And with DNA - it should not take 20 years for the sentence to be carried out

Care, he can easily kill another inmate, or a member of the prison staff. The creep should have 1 appeal - then carry out the sentence

Libs are way to soft on crime - that is why this bastard will sopend 20 years waiting for justice. Then we will have to watch the libs beg for mercy of his behalf

As far as DNA - Care, you cannot wlak into a room and not leave a trace. The science is there - and I do beleive iof DNA proved you killed someone - death is the sentence you should get

And with DNA - it should not take 20 years for the sentence to be carried out

IF you believe in the Death Sentence, what you have said is reasonable imo.

Forum List

Back