why humor?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
why do humans make jokes?
and differently?--dry humor--slapstick--vulgar-etc?

because at one time, people liked to be happy. When it was found out that liberals cant be happy, but live in misery, they, liberals decided the rest of US cant be happy. See political correctness.

laughter-is-the-best-medicine-but-if-you-laugh-for-no-reasonyou-need-medicine-funny-quote.jpg

because at one time, people liked to be happy. When it was found out that liberals cant be happy, but live in misery, they, liberals decided the rest of US cant be happy. See political correctness.

laughter-is-the-best-medicine-but-if-you-laugh-for-no-reasonyou-need-medicine-funny-quote.jpg

I laugh for no reason sometimes.....

I bet you laughed because you thought of something that happened before.

I thought of something funny--like Dudley Moore in the movie Arthur

Evidently the immediate corollary question is, "why do (some) butthurt humans insist on dragging politics into literally everything?"

What a sad soulless existence that must be. :(

It is either that or be driven mad by human stupiditity.

This is getting at it. It's a tension release.

That's why e.g. slapstick sets up a scenario of tension (man walking purposefully point A to point B), so it can then release it (man slips on banana peel). Music does the same thing.

I watch TV every so often just to see what's being sold. Sitcoms, SNL, etc.

I don't get what the modern Left sees as "humor". It simply isn't funny. It's just lame.

istock-482358076.jpg

How do you know when urine too deep?
Sniffing out significant “Pee values”: genome wide association study of asparagus anosmia
  • Conclusion A large proportion of people have asparagus anosmia. Genetic variation near multiple olfactory receptor genes is associated with the ability of an individual to smell the metabolites of asparagus in urine. Future replication studies are necessary before considering targeted therapies to help anosmic people discover what they are missing.
Why humor? Because laughing is fun and releases endorphins that make one feel good.

Here's another scientific study that was conducted for the humor of doing so:
  • Sex, aggression, and humour: responses to unicycling
    • The response to the unexpected and novel stimulus of seeing a unicyclist was surprisingly consistent even to the words and gestures used, and these varied with age, sex, and stage of sexual development. In males the response moved from curiosity in childhood, to physical and verbal aggression in older boys; this became more verbal as the boys matured into men and evolved into the concealed aggression of a repetitive humorous verbal put-down, which was lost with age. In contrast, the female response was praise and concern for safety. These findings suggest that humour develops from aggression in response to male hormones.
Readers of scholarly journals are generally treated to humorous studies each year in the holiday edition. It's a multidisciplinary thing. The studies have to still have scientific rigor, of course.

Last edited:
...some of the sexist humor is stupid--like on Two and A Half Men--and with Charlie Sheen making it worse
..I was watching Alien:Covenant and the sexual humor was very childish
..Kelly's Heroes was ''laid back'' humor--very well done
...and the foul mouth vulgar humor is unnecessary...

Forum List

Back