Why House Republicans are rushing to slash NPR funding

Discussion in 'Media' started by Flaylo, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Why House Republicans are rushing to slash NPR funding - Yahoo! News

Isn't this the type of stupid ass shit they always do? Why selectively edit anything? Any ways, these types of dumbass votes that will accomplish nothing and have no real impact is what Repugs obsess themselves with, not the real issues, I'm so sick of their fucking victimology and gripes about liberals always out to get them.

2. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Ummmm...because we are broke? Just wait until you see the cuts they are wanting to make to our bloated defense budget! Oh, wait....

3. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    I am not worried. NPR will be sure to stand on its own two feet as an independent network. Just like Air America.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    We need cuts, I agree, we need to scut out the tax breaks for the wealthiest 2% of Americans for example, we need to seriously balance the tax burden, we need to cut corporate welfare, these are the cuts the Repugs should be discussing, not this symbolic bullshit to strengthen Repug Party unity. And America is not broke, if tax cuts for the rich and big businesses can be funded we are not broke because those two are getting richer, its the middle class and below thats getting broke.

5. kaz

kaz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,063
    So you're saying in context comments like that the tea baggers are seriously racist actually makes sense? Interesting...

6. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Lower fucking taxes creates more damn debt stupid, thats what got us into this shit, Bush tax cuts+ two unjustified wars + less government oversight of big business= debt ridden economy.

7. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    NPR and Public Television are both excellent. I listen and watch both quite often. I have discovered some excellent books and new music by tuning in to their programs and the Concerts on PBS are top notch by any standard. I even send in a few bucks every year to the local PBS affiliate (by buying an overpriced CD or book!). I am a fan.

They still need to be de-funded. They can either sink or swim like any other broadcast media. I will still support them as an individual who enjoys their programs - not with taxpayer dollars. NPR and PBS need to stand on their own feet and compete with other broadcast outlets. It it time to get off the dole........

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451

There was a lot of truth to what he said and I like what he said because its the kind of shit that Democrats in office are afraid to say, but OTOH, Repugs say all kinds of stupid shit on Foxnews without fear.

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Spending causes debt, imbecile.

If you spend nothing, you don't go into debt even if you have nothing coming in.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    At the risk of being called a troll, there are 500,000 human beings who have lost everything, homeless and starving, there are over 15,000 missing or dead...oh... and.... there's 6 nuclear reactors on the verge of meltdown... forgive me but partisan political point scoring seems more than a tad disgusting to me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011