Why higher education should be free

So education in Finland is free? Nobody pays for it? What nonsense. You are completely clueless.

No... Some of them really believe that free means free. They honestly believe that something the Government gives them has not been made possible by the hard work of others.

Lotta people in this country believe that too. They believe they're entitled to gov't support and don't really care where the money comes from.

Why work when you can vote Democrat?

Even under Saddam higher education was free and elementary and highschool was mandatory. We put an end to all that and we should be proud. Free higher education is an investment in our future and our success. We could easily afford it because it would pay off in the long run.

No... WE cannot easily afford it... nor should we because as adults, we are the only ones responsible for ourselves.... plus the little nasty fact that there is no constitutional power granted by the states to the federal government to give free education, or even run education from the federal level

Even under Saddam higher education was free and elementary and highschool was mandatory. We put an end to all that and we should be proud. Free higher education is an investment in our future and our success. We could easily afford it because it would pay off in the long run.

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

-- G. Gordon Liddy

A free education doesn't provide anything if there is no degree at the end. This is what happened to high school diplomas. So many were unable to graduate that the diplomas were just handed out so as not to waste all that education money. Do the same thing with college degrees. They aren't free, so the money paid for these "children" in their 20s and 30s can't be wasted. Just use social promotion to nudge them along.

You who profess Christianity and GOD the most, understand them the least.

Galatians 6:2
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Matthew 25:35
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

PS.
Even GOD had help in bulding this magnificant world. He did not build it himself. Who the hell are we so self righteous with pride?
In Proverbs 8, it says that Jehovah produced Jesus as the beginning of His ways, and later Jesus came beside Jehovah as a master worker helping Him to create all things.

Gen 1;26..."Let US make man in OUR image.

Even GOD did not build it alone.

You who profess Christianity and GOD the most, understand them the least.

Galatians 6:2
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Matthew 25:35
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

PS.
Even GOD had help in bulding this magnificant world. He did not build it himself. Who the hell are we so self righteous with pride?
In Proverbs 8, it says that Jehovah produced Jesus as the beginning of His ways, and later Jesus came beside Jehovah as a master worker helping Him to create all things.

Gen 1;26..."Let US make man in OUR image.

Even GOD did not build it alone.
I'm -sure- you understand that the 1st amendment prohibits the condification of Christian tenets into US law.

LOL

I was thinking those little windmill cookies with almond chips in them.

Motorola "invented" the mobile telephone and holds the patent for cellular design. Nokia is just an electronics manufacturer, they didn't create anything. They were part of the board that set the GSM standard for Europe, but that was as a member, not the principle.

Wow...I'm heart broken.

I'm just baffled that the best defence for the US education system is that you have more companies than we do, when you have, what, 75 times the population?

I believe a lot of the feature standard in cell phones today wer Nokia inventions, btw.

No... Some of them really believe that free means free. They honestly believe that something the Government gives them has not been made possible by the hard work of others.

Education is free for all Finns - paid for by the hard work of all Finns.

How is that for you?

LOL

I was thinking those little windmill cookies with almond chips in them.

Motorola "invented" the mobile telephone and holds the patent for cellular design. Nokia is just an electronics manufacturer, they didn't create anything. They were part of the board that set the GSM standard for Europe, but that was as a member, not the principle.

Wow...I'm heart broken.

I'm just baffled that the best defence for the US education system is that you have more companies than we do, when you have, what, 75 times the population?

I believe a lot of the feature standard in cell phones today wer Nokia inventions, btw.

Wer they? Wer you sure about that before you posted? Wer you careful to check those facts? Wer you?

:rolleyes:

Education is free for all Finns - paid for by the hard work of all Finns.

Your 'free' education has let you down, champ.

Gee take a look of that! I knew it, oh common!
Read this and you'll be shocked as I was.
pipublic.com/?23465

Wow...I'm heart broken.

Wer they? Wer you sure about that before you posted? Wer you careful to check those facts? Wer you?

:rolleyes:

He has gone from claiming the Fins invented the celll phone to saying they added some cool features. LOL

If we wer to keep looking for that great contribution to mankind, perhaps it is those cute little pointy wooden shoes?

Diamond -

Finland is a small country. We have 4.5 million people.

To expect that a country the size of Maine would produce as many rock bands, electronic devices or cars as the US is not terribly realistic.

I think most Finns would be fairly content with having produced the world's leading cellphone manufacturer and a few other medium size players in various fields.

We also invented swamp football - and where would we be without that?

Sniper -

What the hell are you talking about?!

Forum List

Back