Why have you not 'cut the cable'?

Had gone without about 6 years. Only thing I missed was some sports but mostly watch those with friends. Have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime mostly for the shipping but a few decent shows.

Wife got cable back when we moved. After 3 months I'd watched a few NBA games and sports center once in a while in the morning, but that was it so we went back to no cable.

So many of us still watch cable TV like you but I don't watch cable TV because there is nothing on our computer which is unsearchable and unavailable, even I haven't watched TV since last 2 years.

I ditched Comcast about two years ago, and the TV antenna a year later. Used the $90 per month I was giving them (for their shoddy product) to get VDSL for $50 a month. Only TV shows and movies I watch now are either online or from DVDs. I don't miss cable or over-the-air TV, and quite glad I no longer 'support' the propaganda factory called Hollyweird.

There is only one reason I can think of why I would want cable tv - I still have not figured out how to record sport channels on my computer. I can watch them live - but that is it.

But you can watch almost any show, any movie and definitely watch ANY sports event going on anywhere in the world...all for free (outside of the internet connection bill).

So why are people still watching cable?
I have every form of electronic entertainment known to man, and I like it that way.

10th year without cable for me.

Officially finished my tenth year without cable today.

TelevisionSetShot.jpg

Cut the cable at least 12 years ago. Netflix and Amazon streaming made up the difference pretty well, with huge savings.

Recently added Hulu. Still way ahead.

12 years ago?

Impressive.

lol....that's nothing.
Haven't subscribed to ANY direct TV, Cable or satellite TV since 1997. Do the math.
I'm the Original "Cord Cutter"
Haven't missed a thing. The $800 - $1000 a year in savings has been put to good use.

I get Netflix and all the TV I could possibly desire OTA and streaming.

Forum List

Back