Why have hurricanes become little whimpy fizzle-out rainstorms?

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
So........whats up with this?

Hurricane Danny fizzles: Why are there fewer big hurricanes?

Every k00k AGW alarmist promised us 10 years ago that we were fucked!!! As usual, these nuts are wrong on most every single prediction. Anybody with half a brain realizes that they ALWAYS take ANY weather anomoly and turn it into the whole doom and gloom climate change narrative........but since most people have the IQ of a small soap dish, they can continue to perpetuate the snow jobs!!!

Yet interestingly..........almost daily in here you have one of these hysterical people posting up the warning, "wider swings and more extreme weather..............".

WTF??!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Another one bites the dust...and I agree with your sentiments.

Seriously though, Danny has been small, but a fighter. Not sure he is completely done yet. Andrew was also small as was Charley.

So, hurricanes behave exactly as the climate scientists predict. They say El Ninos create wind shear that dampens hurricane formation, and they were absolutely right.

As usual, the climate scientists were right about everything. And that has skook weeping in impotent rage.

Skook, failing is ghey. So stop failing.

Oh, also stop lying. More hurricanes weren't predicted. You ought to apologize to everyone for lying like that. Lying is even gheyer than failing.

So, hurricanes behave exactly as the climate scientists predict. They say El Ninos create wind shear that dampens hurricane formation, and they were absolutely right.

As usual, the climate scientists were right about everything. And that has skook weeping in impotent rage.

Oh, also stop lying. More hurricanes weren't predicted. You ought to apologize to everyone for lying like that. Lying is even gheyer than failing.

Number of Cat 5 hurricanes making landfall in south USA post Katrina is still zero.

The AGWCult said it didn't make sense even to rebuild NO because we were going to get more and bigger hurricanes because -- global Warming!

Say what?

It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push an
unsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to global
warming. Given Dr. Trenberth's role as the IPCC's Lead Author responsible
for preparing the text on hurricanes, his public statements so far outside
of current scientific understanding led me to concern that it would be very
difficult for the IPCC process to proceed objectively with regards to the
assessment on hurricane activity. My view is that when people identify
themselves as being associated with the IPCC and then make pronouncements
far outside current scientific understandings that this will harm the
credibility of climate change science and will in the longer term diminish
our role in public policy.

My concerns go beyond the actions of Dr. Trenberth and his colleagues to how
he and other IPCC officials responded to my concerns. I did caution Dr.
Trenberth before the media event and provided him a summary of the current
understanding within the hurricane research community. I was disappointed
when the IPCC leadership dismissed my concerns when I brought up the
misrepresentation of climate science while invoking the authority of the
IPCC. Specifically, the IPCC leadership said that Dr. Trenberth was speaking
as an individual even though he was introduced in the press conference as an
IPCC lead author; I was told that that the media was exaggerating or
misrepresenting his words, even though the audio from the press conference
and interview tells a different story (available on the web directly); and
that Dr. Trenberth was accurately reflecting conclusions from the TAR, even
though it is quite clear that the TAR stated that there was no connection
between global warming and hurricane activity. The IPCC leadership saw
nothing to be concerned with in Dr. Trenberth's unfounded pronouncements to
the media, despite his supposedly impartial important role that he must
undertake as a Lead Author on the upcoming AR4.

It is certainly true that "individual scientists can do what they wish in
their own rights", as one of the folks in the IPCC leadership suggested.
Differing conclusions and robust debates are certainly crucial to progress
in climate science. However, this case is not an honest scientific
discussion conducted at a meeting of climate researchers. Instead, a
scientist with an important role in the IPCC represented himself as a Lead
Author for the IPCC has used that position to promulgate to the media and
general public his own opinion that the busy 2004 hurricane season was
caused by global warming, which is in direct opposition to research written
in the field and is counter to conclusions in the TAR. This becomes
problematic when I am then asked to provide the draft about observed
hurricane activity variations for the AR4 with, ironically, Dr. Trenberth as
the Lead Author for this chapter. Because of Dr. Trenberth's pronouncements,
the IPCC process on our assessment of these crucial extreme events in our
climate system has been subverted and compromised, its neutrality lost.
While no one can "tell" scientists what to say or not say (nor am I
suggesting that), the IPCC did select Dr. Trenberth as a Lead Author and
entrusted to him to carry out this duty in a non-biased, neutral point of
view. When scientists hold press conferences and speak with the media, much
care is needed not to reflect poorly upon the IPCC. It is of more than
passing interest to note that Dr. Trenberth, while eager to share his views
on global warming and hurricanes with the media, declined to do so at the
Climate Variability and Change Conference in January where he made several
presentations. Perhaps he was concerned that such speculation---though
worthy in his mind of public pronouncements---would not stand up to the
scrutiny of fellow climate scientists.

I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I
view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being
scientifically unsound. As the IPCC leadership has seen no wrong in Dr.
Trenberth's actions and have retained him as a Lead Author for the AR4, I
have decided to no longer participate in the IPCC AR4.

Sincerely,

Chris Landsea

17 January 2005

And after those fine weepy deflections, the climate scientists have still been proven 100% correct. Again. Business as usual.

That's why climate science has such credibility, because it's been getting everything right for decades.

And after those fine weepy deflections, the climate scientists have still been proven 100% correct. Again. Business as usual.

That's why climate science has such credibility, because it's been getting everything right for decades.

Climate scientists 100% Correct LOL

LOL

That's hilarious!

"1. “Due to global warming, the coming winters in the local regions will become milder.”
Stefan Rahmstorf, Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research, University of Potsdam, February 8, 2006

2. “Milder winters, drier summers: Climate study shows a need to adapt in Saxony Anhalt.”
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Press Release, January 10, 2010.

3. “More heat waves, no snow in the winter… Climate models… over 20 times more precise than the UN IPCC global models. In no other country do we have more precise calculations of climate consequences. They should form the basis for political planning… Temperatures in the wintertime will rise the most… there will be less cold air coming to Central Europe from the east…In the Alps winters will be 2°C warmer already between 2021 and 2050.”

Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, September 2, 2008."

The big list of failed climate predictions

Hell -- most of you couch warmers believe the evidence for CC is all around us.. And they RELY on Hansen et al to assert that you are seeing the effects of CC TODAY..

Temperature was NEVER sufficient on it's own to change weather. Not when the heating should be UNIFORM over the surface and largely uniform in the lower atmos..

Almost ALL weather drivers work off of DIFFERENTIALS.. Differentials in temperature, pressure, winds, humidity, etc... Not ABSOLUTE values of these things..

Last edited:
I use to be a skeptic. You deniers have pushed me into the warmist camp! ;) I'd even go as far as once being a denier, but that was only because of the pause. Hey, brainwashing works and I was proud to be a republican as Bush was convincing.

There's long term natural patterns that control hurricane activity...The Nao +/- cycles have a huge impact, the enso has huge impacts and the general meteorological set-up can be said to do the same. Because Katrina, Sandy, Ike, Isabel, Floyd, Hugo, Andrew, Gilbert, etc can occur slightly more often doesn't mean that we can't have a period of extremely low hurricane activity. The 1910's had extemely slow seasons like 1914 and the 80's had the same with 82, 83, 84, 86 being just as slow as this year.

This season isn't over, Danny was a major hurricane! Erika is possibly following! Most of the big hurricanes of 2010, 2011 and 2012 want into Mexico, central America or out to sea. Meteorological pattern is very important. 2004, 2005 and 2008 had patterns that favored American landfalls.

Another reason I jumped ship is because I love our noaa, nws and nasa. When it was just about disagreement and not attacks on our institutions it was safe to question.

This is why you deniers and loserterians suck. Most people value these institutions. You want to do away with it all and have no value of research, science or much of anything.

Wimpy! Major Hurricane Danny at its peak.

lvvWRQ.gif

RRaeej.jpg

WTNT64 KNHC 211747
TCUAT4

HURRICANE DANNY TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042015
200 PM AST FRI AUG 21 2015

...NOAA HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT REPORTS THAT DANNY IS A MAJOR
HURRICANE...

Reports from a NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraft indicate that Danny
is now a Category 3 Hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind
Scale. The maximum winds are estimated to be 115 mph (185 km/h)
with higher gusts.

No additional intensification is expected, as Danny is moving into
an area of unfavorable upper-level winds, and a weakening trend is
expected to begin later today. Consequently, no adjustment to the
forecast intensities from the previous advisory is required.

SUMMARY OF 200 PM AST...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...14.3N 48.6W
ABOUT 900 MI...1450 KM E OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...115 MPH...185 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 290 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...974 MB...28.76 INCHES

$$
Forecaster Beven/Roberts

Here is the other major from last year! Edouard!

nIkLdE.gif

07PARI.gif

En4Fn5.gif

Imagine this doing a floyd, Hugo, or Andrew track...That is why I say it is meteorological pattern.

And yes, I can post pics of hurricanes all day as this is from my huge collection of loops and pics.

More Hurricanes and more intense Hurricanes were absolutely predicted. Yet not a one.

A CAT2 hurricane made landfall in the US since 2008.. Quick --- alert the Coast Guard !!!!!!

And your "Danny Boy" pix are from 4 days ago... No longer a hurricane.. NEVER forecasted to be a problem..

What are you TRYING to prove Matthew??? Where is the Global warming argument here?

More Hurricanes and more intense Hurricanes were absolutely predicted.

Interesting, how deniers can be so certain of so many things that never happened.

Now, I'm sure you believe what you claim. After all, your masters told you it was true. However, more hurricanes was not predicted. If you still want to claim it was, show us any IPCC report where more hurricanes were predicted. "But saw this guy on TV say it" would not be regarded as a valid claim.

More intense, that is a prediction FOR THE FUTURE. And we may already be seeing it.

More Hurricanes and more intense Hurricanes were absolutely predicted.

Interesting, how deniers can be so certain of so many things that never happened.

Now, I'm sure you believe what you claim. After all, your masters told you it was true. However, more hurricanes was not predicted. If you still want to claim it was, show us any IPCC report where more hurricanes were predicted. "But saw this guy on TV say it" would not be regarded as a valid claim.

More intense, that is a prediction FOR THE FUTURE. And we may already be seeing it.

MY GOD CAT --- THAT WAS YOUR NINTH LIFE !!!! (Moment of silence please))))

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/23/1988-2008-climate-then-and-now/

Global warming has felt like breaking news a few times in recent years. But the first big pulse of coverage and public attention came in 1988, when the Amazon rain forest and Yellowstone were ablaze, a searing drought had farmers kicking dusty fields in frustration, and global temperatures had seen enough of a rise that a NASA climate expert, James Hansen, asserted before a Senate panel that statistics showed “the greenhouse effect has been detected and is changing our climate now.”

The range of possible warming from a particular rise in greenhouse gas concentrations is only a little narrower than it was back then. Again, this remains a risk-management challenge. As Dr. Hansen says in the video interview, climate is not something that we will “fix.”

“Average climate will certainly get warmer,” says Roger Revelle, an oceanographer and climatologist at the University of California at San Diego. “But what’s more serious is how many more hurricanes we’ll have, how many more droughts we’ll have, how many days above one hundred degrees.” By Hansen’s reckoning, where Washington now averages one day a year over 100 degrees, it will average 12 such scorchers annually by the middle of the next century.

At the time, the basic notion that warmer seawater would fuel hurricanes was young and untested. Most scientists projecting many more, and stronger storms, including Kerry Emanuel (quoted farther down in my 1988 story), have since shifted to more nuanced projections. Enough time has passed that Dr. Emanuel and some other researchers say intensification has already been seen. But the hurricane-climate connection remains an idea its formative stages.

That's the start of the circus --- circa 1988... Those alarms lasted a good decade before reality kicked their butts.
The MammyCat lies and spins... That's what he do...

Flac, did I not say "I saw this guy say it" was not a valid claim? What did you find so hard to understand about that?

And did you notice in your source that nobody actually claimed there would be more hurricanes? I did. I actually read it. You apparently didn't.

Flac, did I not say "I saw this guy say it" was not a valid claim? What did you find so hard to understand about that?

And did you notice in your source that nobody actually claimed there would be more hurricanes? I did. I actually read it. You apparently didn't.

^ ESL.

Forum List

Back